Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838271 times)

TheTruth197

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7575 on: 2019-03-10 20:35:03 »
Glad to hear that; I'd recommend checking out a tool called Ochu as well. It can toggle/unlock the FPS of this game to make it smoother/faster (along with other features): http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14194.0

Nice, the FPS unlocking definitely piques my interest. Everything else seems a little too gameshark-y for me though lol. May be good for a "just for fun" playthrough. I wanted to ask though and i forgot in my previous message, I've been looking for double cut materia and your where is the thing doc says it's in the ancient forest but i couldn't find it anywhere. I also picked up 2 apocalypse swords from there, one at the very beginning right before exiting the first area and one in the chest at the end before entering the cave. There's also a frozen NPC inside the cave that i can't interact with so i was curious if maybe it's bugged.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: 2019-03-12 01:39:25 »
Nice, the FPS unlocking definitely piques my interest. Everything else seems a little too gameshark-y for me though lol. May be good for a "just for fun" playthrough. I wanted to ask though and i forgot in my previous message, I've been looking for double cut materia and your where is the thing doc says it's in the ancient forest but i couldn't find it anywhere. I also picked up 2 apocalypse swords from there, one at the very beginning right before exiting the first area and one in the chest at the end before entering the cave. There's also a frozen NPC inside the cave that i can't interact with so i was curious if maybe it's bugged.

Multi-Cut is in the last chest before entering the cave at the end of ancient forest (cave screen is supposed to be used elsewhere but been having trouble getting it not to load). Apocalypse is in a chest in the Gelnika, so I suspect you're on an older version; are you playing NT from the 7H Catalog?

TheTruth197

• View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: 2019-03-12 05:37:21 »
Multi-Cut is in the last chest before entering the cave at the end of ancient forest (cave screen is supposed to be used elsewhere but been having trouble getting it not to load). Apocalypse is in a chest in the Gelnika, so I suspect you're on an older version; are you playing NT from the 7H Catalog?

Yes I am playing from the 7H catalog. Since i'm basically brand new to modding i don't really know any other way. Even with a step by step tutorial from youtube i still initially had quite a few issues getting 7H to run correctly lol. Don't know if it should've been updated from there or that one is out of date and you need to install the new version manually somehow but i do remember that when i first started the playthrough and it wanted me to choose a difficulty it said "New Threat Ver. 1.4". Since this whole thread is about 1.5 i'm clearly on the wrong version, don't know why i didn't notice until now. Kind of sucks because i would've liked to play the latest version but i'm still having a lot of fun with this one. It does explain why a few things aren't as they're supposed to be according to your docs. At the northern cave now at level 94 getting mopped up by everything i come across like i'm somehow still underpowered as hell. Good times lol. You wouldn't happen to remember where the double cut is in the older version would you? I'm basically at the end of the game and still haven't found it. Definitely feel like that 4X cut will give me a little more of an edge going up against those beasts at the northern cave. Hopefully it isn't somewhere in the battle arena because that place is giving me a whole bunch of other issues. Have yet to beat the regular battle a single time. I'll get it though..eventually.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: 2019-03-13 00:31:52 »
Thanks a ton that worked way better.

Is there a full changelog anywhere detailing everything or just broad strokes like this has?

Thanks again either way for your great work on the mod and for a quick reply.

Edit: whoops like it had a spreadsheet in the faqs. I just couldn't see it from my phone sincei. didn't have any way to view it lol. Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-13 00:33:56 by Necro »

Hyne

• View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: 2019-03-14 21:47:13 »
Hi everyone

When I try to rank up with Mr Smile, but the sources only give me +1 instead of +5.
If I understand it right that's a problem with my .exe, but I can't changed the it because mine is the french version ff7_fr.exe and there is only ff7_en.exe in the emergency files... I don't know what to do.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: 2019-03-15 15:36:39 »
Hi everyone

When I try to rank up with Mr Smile, but the sources only give me +1 instead of +5.
If I understand it right that's a problem with my .exe, but I can't changed the it because mine is the french version ff7_fr.exe and there is only ff7_en.exe in the emergency files... I don't know what to do.

Send me your .exe and I'll figure out the offset.

Hyne

• View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: 2019-03-15 19:08:23 »
There it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k0zlq76r9ov8kh0/ff7_fr.exe/file

Big thanks for your help.

Also, I noticed when I wanted ro rank up, there is 5 choice for each character, but only 4 are in the Readme file, even if I've got the last version. Is there a complete list of the rank's choice ?
« Last Edit: 2019-03-15 20:05:44 by Hyne »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: 2019-03-16 04:23:14 »
There it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k0zlq76r9ov8kh0/ff7_fr.exe/file

Big thanks for your help.

Also, I noticed when I wanted ro rank up, there is 5 choice for each character, but only 4 are in the Readme file, even if I've got the last version. Is there a complete list of the rank's choice ?

Just an update, I'm working through some of the offsets. A lot are easy enough to find, but the sources will take more time as the hex string from the english .exe doesn't seem to be exactly the same. I might need to ask on ff7.fr to get some more information.

warkwarth

• View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: 2019-03-16 08:27:30 »
Hi sega chief absolutely loving your mod.
I had to reinstall it after a re-occuring freeze bug
and now I can't seem to use SP to class my characters they are all stuck at 255/200 too.
Im not using any other mods and using the steam version which was updated recently
I will try using the delete registry keys mod and another install
any ideas what could be causing this?

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: 2019-03-16 16:21:54 »
if a game updates on steam for any reason it also automatically verifies game files and replaces any modded file with vanilla. If you are using 7th heaven you need to run the game converter again and grab another copy of the NT exe. If you are using the NT installer you need to re run it and grab a copy of the NT exe.

warkwarth

• View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: 2019-03-16 16:36:10 »
I did uninstall it re-download it and then used the NT patcher 1.5 july 2018
which fixed the first issue.
but Im going to try again with the registry deleter when I get the chance

edit: The registry deleter said no keys deleted I tried again with a brand new install
and still dosen't seem to be working still. I always run everything as administrator.
its no big deal really since I believe I can use ochu or a save editor to give myself the missing sources
everything else appears to be working.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-16 17:57:18 by warkwarth »

TheTruth197

• View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: 2019-03-16 22:39:18 »
Was wondering if someone can help me with an issue i'm having. I'm pretty much at the end of the game and now i'm just trying to grab everyone's level 4 limit, but when i go to get Tifa's limit from Zangan at the nibelheim reactor, nothing triggers and he just tells me to be careful like we've already fought or something. Just for reference, i'm on the 1.4 version that runs with 7th heaven. I wanted to try the newest version but i was already way too deep into the game to reset it to 1.5 when i noticed, and i was still having a ton of fun with the older version anyway. I've researched on ways to fix this but i keep coming across mediafire links that don't work anymore, and the guy who resets quests on the highwind doesn't seem to be able to fix it, he just keeps asking me about Cid's limit quest which i haven't even done yet. I'm also very new to modding so i apologize if something like this seems obvious. Any help would be great.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: 2019-03-17 01:31:15 »
Was wondering if someone can help me with an issue i'm having. I'm pretty much at the end of the game and now i'm just trying to grab everyone's level 4 limit, but when i go to get Tifa's limit from Zangan at the nibelheim reactor, nothing triggers and he just tells me to be careful like we've already fought or something. Just for reference, i'm on the 1.4 version that runs with 7th heaven. I wanted to try the newest version but i was already way too deep into the game to reset it to 1.5 when i noticed, and i was still having a ton of fun with the older version anyway. I've researched on ways to fix this but i keep coming across mediafire links that don't work anymore, and the guy who resets quests on the highwind doesn't seem to be able to fix it, he just keeps asking me about Cid's limit quest which i haven't even done yet. I'm also very new to modding so i apologize if something like this seems obvious. Any help would be great.

1.4 had an issue with that variable trigger if I remember right and it'll behave as if it's already been finished. It'll be tough to fix as the IRO uses flevel chunks rather than complete field files. One thing you could try is:

- Download the IRO from this thread's front page and import it to 7H from the Library tab.

- Deactivate the 1.4 NT IRO and activate the 1.5 IRO.

- Run game as normal and load your save; do the sidequest and nothing else (avoid using rank-up for instance).

- When finished, save the game (to a separate file) and then close game; deactivate the 1.5 IRO and then reactivate the 1.4 IRO.

That should allow you to get the quest done without any issues popping up. But it's important to avoid using rank-up while on the 1.5 IRO as the variables handling that screen were changed.

TheTruth197

• View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: 2019-03-17 04:15:52 »
1.4 had an issue with that variable trigger if I remember right and it'll behave as if it's already been finished. It'll be tough to fix as the IRO uses flevel chunks rather than complete field files. One thing you could try is:

- Download the IRO from this thread's front page and import it to 7H from the Library tab.

- Deactivate the 1.4 NT IRO and activate the 1.5 IRO.

- Run game as normal and load your save; do the sidequest and nothing else (avoid using rank-up for instance).

- When finished, save the game (to a separate file) and then close game; deactivate the 1.5 IRO and then reactivate the 1.4 IRO.

That should allow you to get the quest done without any issues popping up. But it's important to avoid using rank-up while on the 1.5 IRO as the variables handling that screen were changed.

Thanks Chief, that allowed me to do the sidequest. Got Final Heaven and going to finish the rest. Great mod man. After i'm done with this playthrough i'm going to try to learn a bit more about modding and mod/play more modern games, but i definitely will be be giving your other NT mods a run through. The 2.0 version that you've posted about sounds pretty great, and the FF8 NT mod has my anticipation level very high as well. Is there an ETA on those?

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #7589 on: 2019-03-17 20:15:57 »
Hey I beat NT Mod 1.5 (just amazing mod btw) and hit "uninstall" in the 7thHeaven Menu to play Vanilla FF7, but after I did that it seems like in Vanilla FF7 the materia values are off. Example, Fire, Lightning, Ice materia takes off -10 Vitality and some other stats, I don't think that was a default value in Vanilla FF7? Using the Overhaul menu mod 7th Heaven so I'm using ff7_mo.exe in the file location, but maybe the values are overwritten in that exe? Or maybe I did something wrong?

EDIT:
I changed the file location exe to ff7_bc.exe and the materia stat values are back to normal. Not sure what happened but ff7_mo.exe had the same materia values from NT 1.5 mod even though I hit uninstall.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-17 20:23:03 by seijuro »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7590 on: 2019-03-17 22:10:17 »
Thanks Chief, that allowed me to do the sidequest. Got Final Heaven and going to finish the rest. Great mod man. After i'm done with this playthrough i'm going to try to learn a bit more about modding and mod/play more modern games, but i definitely will be be giving your other NT mods a run through. The 2.0 version that you've posted about sounds pretty great, and the FF8 NT mod has my anticipation level very high as well. Is there an ETA on those?

No ETA currently, I'm afraid. Things are changing a bit on the job front, got an offer for a new one so my schedule will be changing a bit.

Hey I beat NT Mod 1.5 (just amazing mod btw) and hit "uninstall" in the 7thHeaven Menu to play Vanilla FF7, but after I did that it seems like in Vanilla FF7 the materia values are off. Example, Fire, Lightning, Ice materia takes off -10 Vitality and some other stats, I don't think that was a default value in Vanilla FF7? Using the Overhaul menu mod 7th Heaven so I'm using ff7_mo.exe in the file location, but maybe the values are overwritten in that exe? Or maybe I did something wrong?

EDIT:
I changed the file location exe to ff7_bc.exe and the materia stat values are back to normal. Not sure what happened but ff7_mo.exe had the same materia values from NT 1.5 mod even though I hit uninstall.

I think those materia values are in that .exe by default which I don't understand.

Azazel

• View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: 2019-03-18 13:01:29 »
Hello all. Playing 1.5 currently (i believe newest update or second newest).  Is heaven’s Cloud still only found through Iron Man?

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: 2019-03-18 14:08:21 »

I think those materia values are in that .exe by default which I don't understand.

the materia values in mo.exe are different than vanilla and the exe should be removed from the list. bc.exe can and will run every mod available that does not require an exe edit. With or without using Beacause alongside it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: 2019-03-18 22:44:11 »
Hello all. Playing 1.5 currently (i believe newest update or second newest).  Is heaven’s Cloud still only found through Iron Man?

Yes, it's a steal I think; but you'll need a Sneak Glove equipped to successfully steal from enemies in the Crater.

Cotton Star

• View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: 2019-03-24 21:17:02 »
I have a curious question: is there any fundamental issue with porting something like this to say... the Android or PS4 version of FF7? With the Switch version in two days and the console being functionally easy to do patches for, is there any interest in something like this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: 2019-03-25 17:01:23 »
I have a curious question: is there any fundamental issue with porting something like this to say... the Android or PS4 version of FF7? With the Switch version in two days and the console being functionally easy to do patches for, is there any interest in something like this?

My understanding is that the files used to run FF7 on PS4, etc. are fundamentally the same files as the ones used on PC. The challenge though is getting the files off the console, patching them, and then reinserting them. I think a user did successfully get NT onto an Android though. As for consoles, I don't own either for any kind of testing (and I would be approaching it as a beginner).

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #7596 on: 2019-03-25 19:10:21 »
Hello i send a mp to you.
If you have some time read it ^^

thanks a lot
(and thanks also for this great mod, it's realy another experience from base ff7.)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: 2019-03-26 17:34:45 »
Hello i send a mp to you.
If you have some time read it ^^

thanks a lot
(and thanks also for this great mod, it's realy another experience from base ff7.)

Sent reply + a 2nd reply with the requested file.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #7598 on: 2019-03-26 18:11:04 »
Thanks you're the king of the scene.bin ^^

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: 2019-03-26 22:53:16 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:23:26 by Cicciolo »