Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838168 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7875 on: 2019-05-24 08:26:05 »
No cut scene. Just a cait sith halfway down the pit on the right side. No interactions at all. I got the highwind and then went to play the video tape in the icicle town labratory just before that. Probably can replicate it just after getting the highwind.

I'll check the script, seems odd that it can be triggered that way. Old testing routine maybe?

I have a question to the damage formular. I am certain you changed it. Its not more like in vanilla. It looks likes the level of the attacker / caster is not important in New Threat and the defense and mag defence stats gained a buff in the calculation since it seems they decrease the damage more as they should. Could you explain the new damage formular?

By the way i can confirm,  the mod now works with the standard .exe and now i can finally use the 9999 break mod from Reunion R03e Mod :) Well done. I just need to enable Menu Overhaul on top, otherwise the displayed life numbers looks weird (and use the ff7_mo.exe instead the normal one). But after testing it with Black Chocobo Edit, i found out even with 255 atk / mag and with ultimate weapon and bahamut Zero you dont reach 9999+. You need Criticals or Limits or another something special.

In the character AI, defence stats get doubled and Level is checked for whether it is above or equal to 44; if it is, then the character's level gets adjusted to help hold back physical damage. There's a tipping point where physical damage begins to exponentially grow as your level gets higher, leaving Magic behind.

Your stats are definitely correct. I'll check Omnislash over when I get home from work, but it seems unusual to be hitting 1-3 damage per hit.

Is there any chance that there's nothing wrong and I am misunderstanding something? Because Omnislash works fine against normal enemies, even the Golden Tonberries. It just does almost no damage against Absolute Jenova, Bizarro, even the behemoths toward the bottom of the Northern Cave. I assumed you did that intentionally, but apparently not lol. I'm most confused that Omnislash did 1 damager per hit with the Ragnarock, and then with Ultima Weapon it does 3 damage per hit. Very bizarre :D hope you're well, Sega!

I'll check the base power when I get back from work. Sounds like it's too low. Some of the other Lv.4 Limits ignore defence so maybe that would be something to put on it.

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: 2019-05-24 10:56:25 »
You can trigger that early? There was no scene or anything? [...] It's intended to be Disc 3 only.
No cut scene. Just a cait sith halfway down the pit on the right side. No interactions at all. I got the highwind and then went to play the video tape in the icicle town labratory just before that. Probably can replicate it just after getting the highwind.
I'll check the script, seems odd that it can be triggered that way. Old testing routine maybe?

I was able to trigger Vincent's sidequest where he gained Chaos while still on disc/part two. I think I was able to do it immediately after getting the submarine. I had visited it beforehand with him for the flashback sequence via a gold chocobo that I had.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24 11:09:59 by Lunatic High »

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: 2019-05-24 12:10:31 »
Sega do you have a favourite set piece you designed?

My favourite has to be

Spoiler: show
Sephiroth / Jenova WAR with the Judgement Day music

It was pure kino   ;D

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: 2019-05-24 14:15:27 »
Bug

Possible unrelated to this mod (I am using ChaOS and the steam release).

Cloud has no running/walking animation in Junon HQ, 2F. This is the field with a savepoint after the room with all the computers in junon and before the Junon HQ, 1F (the field with the big banner saying CANNON). When handcuffed barret walked through this scene he animated normally.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: 2019-05-24 16:32:20 »
Don't use mo_.exe at all, it has wrong equip effects applied to the .exe regarding materia. Use bc_.exe instead.

I checked this yesterday (when you mean the penalty or bonus to the stats like vita, mag def, hp% etc. when you equip a materia) and it was alright with ff7_mo.exe. Maybe this was a problem with earlier versions and this is fixed with this realease  of the auto edit hex to the .exe?

In the character AI, defence stats get doubled and Level is checked for whether it is above or equal to 44; if it is, then the character's level gets adjusted to help hold back physical damage. There's a tipping point where physical damage begins to exponentially grow as your level gets higher, leaving Magic behind.

Thanks, this will explain many things like  the extrem damage reduction of some monster. In Vanilla the max damage reduction via defence/mdefence (when you got 255 def / magdef) was 255/512 = about 49,8% and in New Threat it should be 510/512 = about 99,6%. Its almost god mode^^ But i assume later some enemies will have attacks/magics which ignores defence/magdef.

Artagor

• View Profile
Innate Abilities
« Reply #7880 on: 2019-05-24 22:34:46 »
Thanks for the work you put into this mod! Looks amazing :)

Just curious, is there any way to deactivate the innate abilities; I must admit I am not a fan of them.

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: 2019-05-24 22:55:35 »
I was able to trigger Vincent's sidequest where he gained Chaos while still on disc/part two. I think I was able to do it immediately after getting the submarine. I had visited it beforehand with him for the flashback sequence via a gold chocobo that I had.

That's normal I think, as the behaviour and the scene are unchanged from vanilla; except maybe it's a bad idea to have a boss like that available to fight early on. We'll call that a design flaw I've introduced.

Sega do you have a favourite set piece you designed?

My favourite has to be

Sephiroth / Jenova WAR with the Judgement Day music

It was pure kino   ;D

My favourite set-piece to design was the Brass Dragon vs X-ATM fight, that usually gets a good reaction on streams and the like.

Bug

Possible unrelated to this mod (I am using ChaOS and the steam release).

Cloud has no running/walking animation in Junon HQ, 2F. This is the field with a savepoint after the room with all the computers in junon and before the Junon HQ, 1F (the field with the big banner saying CANNON). When handcuffed barret walked through this scene he animated normally.

I'll sort that out, odd he wouldn't have one though.

I checked this yesterday (when you mean the penalty or bonus to the stats like vita, mag def, hp% etc. when you equip a materia) and it was alright with ff7_mo.exe. Maybe this was a problem with earlier versions and this is fixed with this realease  of the auto edit hex to the .exe?

Thanks, this will explain many things like  the extrem damage reduction of some monster. In Vanilla the max damage reduction via defence/mdefence (when you got 255 def / magdef) was 255/512 = about 49,8% and in New Threat it should be 510/512 = about 99,6%. Its almost god mode^^ But i assume later some enemies will have attacks/magics which ignores defence/magdef.

The auto-patch (aka Hext) added to the IRO means that it injects the code on runtime to the .exe, and as all .exes will usually have the same offset addresses it'll be a lot more compatible than patching over/replacing an .exe directly.

Some attacks do ignore defence but not many. If you can bolster defence close to 255 then you'll get seriously reduced incoming damage, but you need to go for it in the rank options and put the right gear together for it.

Thanks for the work you put into this mod! Looks amazing :)

Just curious, is there any way to deactivate the innate abilities; I must admit I am not a fan of them.

Thanks!

This is a kernel that has innates removed:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0g5trtgw68t5ybs/Kernel.zip/file

The contents of that will need to be either placed in the data/kernel (or data/lang-en/kernel if it's steam) folder. If it's an IRO, then:

1) Unpack the NT IRO using 7th Heaven; it has tools built in for it.
2) Place the kernel files into the unpacked IRO's kernel folder.
3) Repack the IRO using 7th Heaven again; target the folder you placed the unpacked IRO files into and make sure nothing else is in that folder except for the IRO files.
4) Import the patched IRO using 7th Heaven on the Library tab and activate it (don't forget to deactivate the unpatched NT IRO and uninstall it).
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24 22:58:07 by Sega Chief »

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: 2019-05-25 07:59:22 »
Is there another place I can acquire a masamune? I lost the last fort condor battle thinking the boss would drop something, and didn't know winning rewards you it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: 2019-05-25 10:42:39 »
Is there another place I can acquire a masamune? I lost the last fort condor battle thinking the boss would drop something, and didn't know winning rewards you it.

You can make one in the same place as the other ultimate weapons; Disc 3, weapon shop guy (blue house on world map near Gongaga).

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: 2019-05-25 13:58:06 »
My favourite set-piece to design was the Brass Dragon vs X-ATM fight, that usually gets a good reaction on streams and the like.

Yeah my 2nd favourite scene

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: 2019-05-25 15:12:04 »
Thanks to R. H. for the generous donation. Here's a sephifrog:

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: 2019-05-25 17:58:37 »
Sega Chief I was wondering, don't worry is not about the same as last time xDDD I was thinking... did you made an alternative way to be able to get the red submarine or we still have to let ourselves be destroyed in the minigame and lose that huge materia from Junon's reactor? I I've been thinking on this for a while since I like the Red Submarine more than the regular gray one, but at the same time I don't wanna lose any of the huge materia so I can keep getting Bahamuth Zero early without needing to wait until disc 3 to dig it out at Bone Village (even tho with all the content that there seems to be on disc 3 I think that it's not that hard to wait until then, really :/ hmmm

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: 2019-05-25 19:33:35 »
Thanks to R. H. for the generous donation. Here's a sephifrog:

That is sooooooo wrong  ;D ;D ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: 2019-05-25 20:02:41 »
3000 posts :I

Sega Chief I was wondering, don't worry is not about the same as last time xDDD I was thinking... did you made an alternative way to be able to get the red submarine or we still have to let ourselves be destroyed in the minigame and lose that huge materia from Junon's reactor? I I've been thinking on this for a while since I like the Red Submarine more than the regular gray one, but at the same time I don't wanna lose any of the huge materia so I can keep getting Bahamuth Zero early without needing to wait until disc 3 to dig it out at Bone Village (even tho with all the content that there seems to be on disc 3 I think that it's not that hard to wait until then, really :/ hmmm

Think I tried it once, I let myself into the area, got the sub, but when it jumped to world map it was a silver sub. So I guess it renders the colour (or separate model) based on some variable.

By the by, if you don't get the blue huge materia then you can dig up Bahamut ZERO from bone village. In NT, the chance I think was set to 100% instead of the abysmal chance in base game. Same with Phoenix, W-Item, etc.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: 2019-05-25 20:24:04 »
can that be done on disc 2? or still has the requirement of disc 3 to be able to dig up BZ?

---edit---

Also Sega you should take off the note that says that you need to replace the .exes when using the iro format of the mod
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26 04:01:37 by Iduabren »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: 2019-05-26 12:41:05 »
can that be done on disc 2? or still has the requirement of disc 3 to be able to dig up BZ?

---edit---

Also Sega you should take off the note that says that you need to replace the .exes when using the iro format of the mod

Not sure, I think it becomes available once you pass the point where you'd ordinarily be able to get it so it'd be Disc 2.

Done.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: 2019-05-26 14:24:17 »
I tried last night with a saved game i made with the red submarine, got to bone town after leaving the huge materia in Bugehangen's house and tried digging it on disc 2, then checked online and it would seem the game checks if you've picked up the Megaelixir that's in that spot first, if you have, then the game checks if you are on disc three, if you are not on disk three you can't dig it up even if you dig on the spot it is supposed to be if you lose it. But honestly with all the content that there seems to be on Disc 3 contrary to the original game, I think it is ok to dig that materia on Disc 3 :) I'm just glad I can still be able to breed and get a Gold Chokobo on disc 2 through breeding xD

• View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: 2019-05-26 22:10:39 »
Hey just a quick question about the mod. I was watching videos online and when people level up at mr.smile their characters all receive the exact amount of sources Mr.Smile says they will get. However in my run They always get between 1-3 of each source except for cloud who gets exactly what hes supposed to. Is this intentional? I'm up to Mt.Nibel and I have been grinding a while but every character feels so weak compared to Cloud.
edit: heres a pic of my characters stat sheets with almost all basic items except accessories boosting stats
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 02:56:36 by avataraang3 »

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: 2019-05-27 03:26:17 »
Goddamnit...that chest after defeating curator... Didn't realize it was just a battle for challenge. Ya got me

Edit: Found a bug. Whenever I quad Ultima Valiant Clod, after the 2nd cast the game soft locks. It looks like Clod is trying to counter attack but it doesn't. I could still move the menu/try to escape but the battle doesn't proceed since it's stuck trying to proceed with the quad Ultima but it doesn't.
I also noticed you can acquire Yuffie's Lv.4 limit before disc 4. Is this intentional?

Where is the mystile located?
I didn't find one in the bottom of the crater.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 08:36:09 by kamekaz3 »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: 2019-05-27 08:26:03 »
Hey just a quick question about the mod. I was watching videos online and when people level up at mr.smile their characters all receive the exact amount of sources Mr.Smile says they will get. However in my run They always get between 1-3 of each source except for cloud who gets exactly what hes supposed to. Is this intentional? I'm up to Mt.Nibel and I have been grinding a while but every character feels so weak compared to Cloud.
edit: heres a pic of my characters stat sheets with almost all basic items except accessories boosting stats

Till last patch you did need a .exe of the new thread folder, which make every source give you +5 stats instead +1 stats. Because many prople didnt copy the new threat .exe right, many had the problem you have now. Best if you install the current viersion of new threat (23rd may). In the current version you can use standard .exe and the mod will make the changed to your .exe at their own.

Thanks in advance.

Mystile: Dark Cave Final Screen (Disc 3)

You can find this and other useful informations in the documentary, when you download the mod.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 08:33:10 by LeOsTyLe »

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: 2019-05-27 08:35:17 »
Till last patch you did need a .exe of the new thread folder, which make every source give you +5 stats instead +1 stats. Because many prople didnt copy the new threat .exe right, many had the problem you have now. Best if you install the current viersion of new threat (23rd may). In the current version you can use standard .exe and the mod will make the changed to your .exe at their own.

Mystile: Dark Cave Final Screen (Disc 3)

You can find this and other useful informations in the documentary, when you download the mod.

For some reason I thought Dark cave meant the Crater. The documentary contains very outdated info and many things has changed from it. Thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: 2019-05-27 15:27:04 »

I checked the files; as of the latest update, in the standard rank-up everyone should be getting their intended sources. But I've noticed in the randomiser that only Cloud will get the intended amount. I'll update it again.

Goddamnit...that chest after defeating curator... Didn't realize it was just a battle for challenge. Ya got me

Edit: Found a bug. Whenever I quad Ultima Valiant Clod, after the 2nd cast the game soft locks. It looks like Clod is trying to counter attack but it doesn't. I could still move the menu/try to escape but the battle doesn't proceed since it's stuck trying to proceed with the quad Ultima but it doesn't.
I also noticed you can acquire Yuffie's Lv.4 limit before disc 4. Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance.

There's a glitch with the game where Ultima quadded with an absorb materia equipped to it against multi-part enemies will cause a soft-lock (I think it's specifically against enemies that are one unified model, but which attribute different parts of themselves as targets rather than enemies like Carry Armour which are 3 separate 'enemies', may be wrong and it affects all of them. The Wiki also erroneously states that Jenova Synthesis doesn't do it, but she definitely does): https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch

I'll need to check into Mystile but I think it was a dark cave thing.

Edit: New installer/IRO up, only change was the randomiser getting fixed.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 15:45:22 by Sega Chief »

ShobogunLover

• View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: 2019-05-27 18:07:15 »
I ran into something in the first reactor. Randomly encountered something that looked like a black Jenova Synthesis with the North Crater battle background. I tried to screenshot it, but steam is fitnicky about all of that.

It ended up using a move while I was flipping out that look down 3/4 of my team's HP and then ending the fight, so I made it out alright. Just scared me.  ;D

I just recently installed it as an IRO with 7th Heaven. I have other mods on, but they only effect graphics with the exception of Reunion that effects grammar and such. Has anyone else run into this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: 2019-05-27 19:30:02 »
I ran into something in the first reactor. Randomly encountered something that looked like a black Jenova Synthesis with the North Crater battle background. I tried to screenshot it, but steam is fitnicky about all of that.

It ended up using a move while I was flipping out that look down 3/4 of my team's HP and then ending the fight, so I made it out alright. Just scared me.  ;D

I just recently installed it as an IRO with 7th Heaven. I have other mods on, but they only effect graphics with the exception of Reunion that effects grammar and such. Has anyone else run into this?

That's a wrong encounter; cause is either kernel isn't synched to scene.bin (7H set-up issue) or encounter table has been overwritten by another IRO. Reunion is an flevel mod so I think it enforces default encounters; NT and Reunion/Beacause are generally incompatible except for the menu overhaul. It could also be a graphical mod as some have turned up recently that use the encounter table chunk despite not needing it.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: 2019-05-27 19:34:53 »
I haven't run into that issue but I noticed two things: Guard Scorpion boss fight still has the vanilla colors and Midgard Zolom I remembered was blue mostly but now it is other colors, is this intentional? I can take pics and post them if needed.

---EDIT---

Also yes, I installed this last IRO from today
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 20:05:20 by Iduabren »