Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project Eden - dramatically improved backgrounds (v1.0)  (Read 317535 times)

Nedus

• View Profile
Add me to the list.
Altho Project Eden seems to work in most backgrounds i've seen (at least in the early parts of the game) sometimes there is more "pixelation" than it should be (maybe?).

i.e My entrance to garden's training room looks like the screeshots linked by other users. And it's not just these 2 screens.

Tbh, imo it is not the end of the world if some backgrounds during the game are totally or partially pixelated, but i'm leaving this feedback just in case.
Got tomberry updated, different mods installed. Italian version.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Yes there are bugs/missing areas because Omzy used an automation tool to do all the fields and it didn't do everything 100%. It would be a waste of time to fix it up now since waifu upscale is superior and you would be better off using/making a new version.

Alexandr

• View Profile
Hi!

I want to make my own backgrounds pack using Waifu and editing some backgrounds in GIMP. But after upscaling & editing, I would need to get them in this format:

I know how to get the complete backgrounds with Deling, or by layers using Unmass & Pupu, but I don't know how to get them in that format so that Tomberry can use them :/

What is the process? Can someone explain to me what I would have to do to create those images in the picture I shared?

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
If you've already exported them with Pupu, once you're done upscaling/editing them, you import them using Pupu and it'll convert them into what you need.

Alexandr

• View Profile
Ahh, great! Thanks!

Aavock

• View Profile
Just found this article inside there's a algorithm for enhancing pixelated pictures called PixelCNN. Maybe someone can give it a try on FFVII/VIII backgrounds; the code is in python and I don't have that kind of knowledge to try this out.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Just found this article inside there's a algorithm for enhancing pixelated pictures called PixelCNN. Maybe someone can give it a try on FFVII/VIII backgrounds; the code is in python and I don't have that kind of knowledge to try this out.

From their GitHub: https://github.com/openai/pixel-cnn

This code supports multi-GPU training of our improved PixelCNN on CIFAR-10 and Small ImageNet, but is easy to adapt for additional datasets. Training on a machine with 8 Maxwell TITAN X GPUs achieves 3.0 bits per dimension in about 10 hours and it takes approximately 5 days to converge to 2.92.

To run this code you need the following: a machine with multiple GPUs

Holy cats. Using this tool doesn't seem unreasonably difficult, do you have multiple nvidia gpus?

Edit: But I don't think you'll get anything desirable out of it
« Last Edit: 2017-02-08 01:43:25 by KnifeTheSky77 »

Strifept

• View Profile
Can someone get me a mirror link to this? :\

Daglot_Alta

• View Profile
Hi everyone, was just wondering if I may get a mirror link for this really cool looking mod?

Fraggoso

• View Profile
I don't get why you would need multiple GPU's to run it...

HaxtonMan

• View Profile
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09 09:39:05 by HaxtonMan »

Indra

• View Profile
Hi all. Let me know if this post itself belongs. It's kind of an inactive thread, but I'll ask anyway.

I got all the mods running and working except for this one - there are a few random textures that don't seem to be working. Here's a screen:

http://imgur.com/6zIRYmE

Most of the textures work, but there seems to be a couple random ones that aren't working. Anyone know why?

I have the eden hashmap in the /tonberry/hashmap folder as well.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-11 01:49:33 by Indra »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hi all. Let me know if this post itself belongs. It's kind of an inactive thread, but I'll ask anyway.

I got all the mods running and working except for this one - there are a few random textures that don't seem to be working. Here's a screen:

http://imgur.com/6zIRYmE

Most of the textures work, but there seems to be a couple random ones that aren't working. Anyone know why?

I have the eden hashmap in the /tonberry/hashmap folder as well.

Project Eden's hashmap is missing a few hashes. You're welcome to use Project AngelWing's hashmaps which should fix a majority of the missing hashes for Eden's. But that's up to you.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
Where do you download the hashmap? The 1.34 GB Rar file only contains textures and nothing else???

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Where do you download the hashmap? The 1.34 GB Rar file only contains textures and nothing else???

You can use Project Angelwing's hashmap (which is better for Eden than it's own hashmap, imo)
OR
Go to the Tonberry: Enhanced page and download it from the second post.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
Got it working but I am struggling to see the improvemt, it just seems to have added a sort of water colour effect to all the field textures. Is this normal?

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Use angeal wing instead if you want to see more improvements then project eden.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
Ill check it out. Thanks