Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351658 times)

Devina

• View Profile
FatedCourage, when you're ready, feel free to post your next update pack, containing all the textures.

I'd like to re-do the eyes and possibly other features:

I'm not a fan of the weird, fish-like, doll-like eyes they have...
I'd prefer something more realistic, or Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-16 17:10:22 by Devina »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
FatedCourage, when you're ready, feel free to post your next update pack, containing all the textures.

I'll actually post it soon. Right now, all it'll be is texture edits anyway. Now that Tonberry 2.01 is out, which gives quite a speed boost, I'll do more work on the codes. It's fine if you want to edit them. I actually look forward to your versions/edits. Gives some variety. As for the low poly characters... They are more like placeholders until someone wants to make or edit some better ones.

Edit: Here is the link to the slight update I've made to the pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thpfgrw618n0yse/Texture%20Replacement%20%28Alpha%29.zip?dl=0

Besides the minor texture tweaks, I've took some advice from Mcindus and renamed everything and put the textures into their own folder(ch) to be placed inside the texture folder for Tonberry. This helps to make sure things aren't cluttered. I've also put all the codes into one big master list as well. So delete the old stuff relating to this(hm and obj too) and just put in the new.

Another option I added is to choose between Devina's version or Mago's version of Squall. This is for people with preference to one or the other. You now start with Mago's textures. To change, all you need to do is simply rename them.

I believe that's everything. ...I think.

This'll probably be the last update here for now. Will probably start a new thread soon-ish like others are recommending for this.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-17 02:54:41 by FatedCourage »

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
I spent a lot of time making this character textures, all was done hand painted, so please Devina if you dont like my textures its ok, but you always write bad comments about my textures and please if you want edit the textures give some credit, because you only edit some parts over my work.

anyway I am really happy with this project, and its great that more people work in texture mods
Its a great option too the user can choose what texture can be use :D

sorry for my bad english! xD

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Devina loves you mag! ;) I know it!

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
FatedCourage: Which csv should we use for maximum texture coverage, Char_Textures_obj.csv or Char_Textures_obj(recommended).csv? And why are some of their hashes asterisked?
Magochocobo: Do you plan on releasing the rest of your textures like Rinoa's Party Dress, Edea, Raijin, Kiros, and Ward?
Devina: The new eyes look good, it shouldn't take too long to add them to all of the current Quistis textures. I'd be very interested to see more new KH-style eyes on other characters.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-20 05:37:01 by Mirrorman95 »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
FatedCourage: Which csv should we use for maximum texture coverage, Char_Textures_obj.csv or Char_Textures_obj(recommended).csv? And why are some of their hashes asterisked?
Magochocobo: Do you plan on releasing the rest of your textures like Rinoa's Party Dress, Edea, Raijin, Kiros, and Ward?

The recommended one has less glitches, but also less coverage. The other has more glitches, but more coverage. The asterisks are there to disable the glitchy codes. You can remove them. If you truly want as much coverage, then just copy and paste all the low poly codes that are disabled into the recommended one. That way you have all the low poly activated without the battlers and high poly ones glitching out.

I'm also curious about this. Especially the Rinoa party dress one.

Devina

• View Profile
I spent a lot of time making this character textures, all was done hand painted, so please Devina if you dont like my textures its ok, but you always write bad comments about my textures

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you! Your work is beautiful, the eyes are the major issue for me, that's all.

larax

• View Profile
hi, I just found this forum and I'm trying to learn everything about the textures, Tomberry and everything related to the game mods of ff8 .

I just made these test and I want to offer everything that could help to advance the development of the textures or whatever

I would like to learn more to help something

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
hi, I just found this forum and I'm trying to learn everything about the textures, Tomberry and everything related to the game mods of ff8 .

I just made these test and I want to offer everything that could help to advance the development of the textures or whatever

I would like to learn more to help something

Hey, looks neat! There are various things you could work on. You could pick and choose what you'd like to work on or help someone out with their own. As long as you know how to work Berrymapper and Tonberry then you should be fine and able to get the textures you need. If you need an explanation on anything, there are plenty of people here that can probably answer your questions.

Thatamos

• View Profile
This thread is littered with screenshots of great work between several parties, but none of it is readily available on the first post. Is there any way to update it with links for all these new textures, including the fight-background ones? My FF8 is jelly.

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Hello Thatamos,
Yes indeed sorry for not updating the first page. But you can dowload the latest mods using tonberry, there:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.0

Berrymapper is only a tool to convert a texture into an hashcode.

FatedCourage, and other artists there ,from today would you create your own thread regarding battle texture and character texture? I'm not able to follow the increasing amount of hashcodes and texture packs.

Thank you all for using Tonberry tool, Magochocobo textures and Berrymapper!
« Last Edit: 2015-03-22 14:48:21 by Shunsq »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
FatedCourage, and other artists there ,from today would you create your own thread regarding battle texture and character texture? I'm not able to follow the increasing amount of hashcodes and texture packs.

Thank you all for using Tonberry tool, Magochocobo textures and Berrymapper!
Alright then. Seems like it needs to be moved sooner rather than later to save time and confusion. Thanks for the Berrymapper tool. Couldn't do anything without it.

Is there any way to update it with links for all these new textures, including the fight-background ones? My FF8 is jelly.
To my knowledge, none of the battle backgrounds have been released yet. It's still a work in progress and will probably take Mcindus quite some time to finish everything.

larax

• View Profile
hello, im doing something wrong.

Im using Deling to export backgrounds of field.fs, I place this edited background on berrymapper Input folder and create hashmap and objmap csv files.

When I put this files in tomberry, nothing append in the game. The backgrounds not change.

Thanks for your help!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
hello, im doing something wrong.

Im using Deling to export backgrounds of field.fs, I place this edited background on berrymapper Input folder and create hashmap and objmap csv files.

When I put this files in tomberry, nothing append in the game. The backgrounds not change.

Thanks for your help!
I extract textures using the debug folder in Tonberry and run the unedited textures through Berrymapper. I've never actually used Deling before. Did you name the codes the same as your files/textures. Nothing will change if the names don't match.

larax

• View Profile
I extract textures using the debug folder in Tonberry and run the unedited textures through Berrymapper. I've never actually used Deling before. Did you name the codes the same as your files/textures. Nothing will change if the names don't match.

Thanks. I will try with this!!!

EDIT: I try this and i cant make work. I take from debug folder one bmp and I put it on BerryMapper input folder but the code in hasmap.csv I receive is not the same as have other hasmap with that texture that do work correctly.

sorry for my bad explanation

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-03-22 02:21:05 by larax »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Thanks. I will try with this!!!

EDIT: I try this and i cant make work. I take from debug folder one bmp and I put it on BerryMapper input folder but the code in hasmap.csv I receive is not the same as have other hasmap with that texture that do work correctly.

sorry for my bad explanation

Thanks

Huh. Sometimes, the code can change. Because each texture you extract can slightly differ from one that looks exactly the same, which produce different codes. And you'll need every code you get pertaining to that texture. But what textures are you working on exactly? Is it still the world map? And it's okay. I'm pretty poor when it comes to explaining things because I can be pretty dense at times.

rufoos

• View Profile
mini hash update for project eden
bgroom_5_4,11072887873423955668
before

after

larax

• View Profile
Ok, after a few attemps already works well and I have done some tests:

Thanks FatedCourage for your help!

pogimax

• View Profile
Hello! You may be able to help me with some glitches with some of the graphics mods. My game crashes whenever I use certain commands in battle such as Defend, and a few Limit Breaks such as Lion Heart or Angelo Cannon. Which textures should I disable or should I wait for an update on the mods?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hello! You may be able to help me with some glitches with some of the graphics mods. My game crashes whenever I use certain commands in battle such as Defend, and a few Limit Breaks such as Lion Heart or Angelo Cannon. Which textures should I disable or should I wait for an update on the mods?

I assume you already have the steam overlay disabled and such. Also, what version of Tonberry are you using? As for the random crashes on those moves... I've never had it happen using Defend or Lion Heart. I've had it rarely happen with Angelo Cannon, though. And I have a pretty big chance of it happening if a dang Grendel uses Breath. :P But I'm not exactly sure what causes it.

pogimax

• View Profile
I am using 2.02 right now.  I've tried switching between 2.01 and 2.02, but it doesn't help.

mavirick

• View Profile
Ok, after a few attemps already works well and I have done some tests:

[img width=640 height=416]

Thanks FatedCourage for your help!

Larax, I highly recommend you get in touch with Mcindus, who is already deep into a background upscaling project. I would hate to see you do duplicate work :)

Hi Pogimax, if there are problematic textures, try this:
  • Set debug_mode=yes in \tonberry\prefs.txt
  • Launch the game, get into battle, and get to where you can use the problematic limit break
  • Alt-tab out of the game and rename \tonberry\debug0 to \tonberry\debug and \tonberry\debug\replaced0 to tonberry\debug\replaced to enable it
  • Alt-tab back into the game and get it to crash
  • Check the last few textures that were saved to the \tonberry\debug\replaced folder. These were the last replaced textures before the crash. While they are not the same as the images in the \textures\ folder, you should be able to tell which textures they are, find the name of the replacement from the \textures\ folder, and disable it in the appropriate hashmap CSV

Hopefully that will help you identify the problematic textures and disable them. Also, if you're successful, please let us know so we can identify the problem and whether it's a texture issue or a bug in Tonberry. Also, please direct future questions and bug reports to the Tonberry thread.

pogimax

• View Profile
I seem to have identified the texture issue. The debug textures captured Rinoa and Tonberry (the enemy proper). I was fighting in the Centra Ruins. I disabled the Lunar Cry mod and voila, it worked like a charm.

I think the Tonberry enemy texture is the culprit.

Thanks for the help, Mavirick!
« Last Edit: 2015-03-24 02:15:00 by pogimax »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I seem to have identified the texture issue. The debug textures captured Rinoa and Tonberry (the enemy proper). I was fighting in the Centra Ruins. I disabled the Lunar Cry mod and voila, it worked like a charm.

I think the Tonberry enemy texture is the culprit.

Thanks for the help, Mavirick!

Yeah, I figured there might be a problem with him in the future... he is one of the few enemies that has an 'animation'.  If it captured Rinoa and Tonberry, it's probably not an issue with Lunar Cry, but from FatedCourage's Character Texture mod colliding with Lunar Cry.  The next version of Tonberry will have fixed these issues.

You can always go into your objmap.csv and hashmap.csv files for Lunar Cry and delete the enemy_tonberry_XX,XXXXXXXXXXXXXX files for now and use both mods. :)

larax

• View Profile
Hi

What do you thing about this screens of battle backgrounds? please tell me which could improve :)

In movement is better

maybe I create a new thread to not mess this

« Last Edit: 2015-03-26 23:33:19 by larax »