Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v4.3)  (Read 32381 times)

levantine

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v4.3)
« Reply #75 on: 2017-09-24 10:40:36 »
Yes, i know that new threat is a big hudge of work ^^
Anyway i'm enjoying your mod, i'm just a lindblum, and i really like how you improve bosses, cu the vanilla easy game, this time we have real bosses and that's good, thx to you :)

Ddeathscythe

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2017-09-27 18:15:56 »
Hi, I saw that you made an assembly file that will work with Frag's HD Backgrounds. I noticed Alternate Fantasy is now on update 4.3 but the post you made about a workable assembly file was for 4.2's update. Would the assembly file still work with 4.3 to make both mods work?

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2017-09-27 19:31:02 »
Hum. If I recall correctly, Fraggoso's HD mod came after the last update of Alternate Fantasy, so any assembly file compatible with both should be v4.3 of AF.
If you're talking about the file in this post, it's not for compatibility with Fraggoso's mod. It's for a "Normal difficulty/gameplay but with recruitable Beatrix" version.

See there for an assembly file that's compatible AF + HD mods. And thank Fraggoso for it ;)

strife98

• Crazy poster
  • Your dunk is the dunk that will slam the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2018-01-09 06:07:10 »
Hey, loving what this is so much. I've been itching for a good FF9 mod and this is soothing that itch! I have a real quick question though. That thing that happens in Oeilvert against the Epitaphs
Spoiler: show
When the Clone insta's their original and they disappear. Is that supposed to be permanent? Going out of the battle after winning, Zidane is just gone out of the party leaving Amarant,
 Steiner, and Freya all alone, and if that's intended, is it permanent permanent, or do you get your lost member back later?
Other than that, so far (other than Fairy's Flute taking me almost 2 days straight trying to steal it) I've been super enjoying it! The difficulty feels just right throughout, never have gotten to a point where I feel like I'm severely under-leveled (albeit a little under-skilled.) I hope to see more things from you in the future, whether it be this mod, or another!

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2018-01-09 06:28:16 »
Thank you very much :)
For your question: yes it is intended and no it's not permanent. You are not notified at the moment when you get them back though.

strife98

• Crazy poster
  • Your dunk is the dunk that will slam the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2018-01-09 12:09:34 »
Checked around and saw that this wasn't reported, but world map tents do not work on Beatrix. If you're in a place, like a town it does normal and heal half. In my example I'm using the save moogle in Gizamaluke Grotto, and she's healing fine, but out on Popo Heights she doesn't heal at all.

Edit 1: Could I also make a request? Is it possible to have one of Steiners low level weapons be available for Beatrix so she's viable as a physical attacker in Ipsens castle?

Edit 2: Also Waterga is super strong. I'm not sure if this is something that's been a thing even in vanilla or what, but it's doing a ridiculous amount of damage. With half MP it's the only spell I really ever need to use. Combined with Mag Elem Null there's really nothing so far Vivi can't absolutely destroy.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-09 23:58:48 by strife98 »

Pianobeats

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2018-01-28 04:36:32 »
I noticed that when I use this mod it disables all the boosters except the Fast Speed booster. Is this supposed to be intended or a bug?

I'm using the Steam mod. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. I just found out it's intended. Is there way I can re-enable them? I really like the No Encounters cheat. lol
« Last Edit: 2018-01-28 16:25:12 by Pianobeats »

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2018-01-28 16:44:09 »
You can use Hades Workshop to re-enable them:
First, you need a FF9 folder without gameplay mod, so remove Alternate Fantasy or use a copy of the game.
In Hades Workshop, "File -> Open" your unmodded game (select the FF9_Launcher.exe) and choose the language "English (US)" since that's the only language compatible with AF for now.
Then "File -> Open Mod" and select the file "AlternateFantasy_v4.3.hws" which is shared along with the mod. Let everything checked and apply. It will take some time to load.
Once it's imported, go to the panel "CIL Code" and sub-panel "Macros". You'll see an option "Disable Cheats" that is applied. Click on "Unapply Macro" to re-enable the cheats.
Finally, "File -> Save Steam Mod" will generate modded files with that change.

Pianobeats

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2018-01-29 03:13:41 »
Thanks. It worked. :)

Delitta

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2018-02-04 17:57:27 »
Hi Vir

The downloads for http://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/353915953249510749/?ctp=9#c152393186497052984
Are down, I will wait until they are up again I guess, can you let him know or can u uploaded them?

2 Followed the steps by patching  but  its just a black screen I will try with the hades method

I look forward to playing your mod :)

usb

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2018-03-07 12:00:44 »
2) You need to add custom translated texts in the "Environment" -> "Texts" panel. Look at the texts already in place for the text format (the dialog conventions may also differ from one language to the other, like the english dialogs using “” and a space at each new line). The added texts which are related to Beatrix can be found in the following file (append ".txt" to the URL). Since it contains spoilers of my mod, don't dare to read it for non-translation puprose ! Else, I'll get to come to your house and remove your memories of this file 'manually' from your head.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98687557/Divers/FF9Beatrix

I think this is last time I annoy you (lol). There is a mirror for this file (I would like to translate in italian "Beatrix mod"). With or without .txt ad the end of the link the file is missing

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2018-03-07 12:31:28 »
Don't say that! It is still possible to annoy me many many more times :p
Here's an updated link.

However, Italian is actually a language for which there already is a translation (of the current version of AF). TheFF8Fan was able to translate everything all by himself, and even added a couple of scripted sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWxD4WKBdA (Check out his profile for the parts after this.)

usb

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2018-03-07 13:08:50 »
Don't say that! It is still possible to annoy me many many more times :p
Here's an updated link.

However, Italian is actually a language for which there already is a translation (of the current version of AF). TheFF8Fan was able to translate everything all by himself, and even added a couple of scripted sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWxD4WKBdA (Check out his profile for the parts after this.)

Ah ah ah...thank you
Didn't know about TheFF8Fan and his works... anyway he hasn't released his mod but with the video a lot time of work is saved ;)
« Last Edit: 2018-03-07 13:13:01 by usb »

Delitta

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2018-03-25 20:57:35 »
Hey dudes, anybody know if the Yan Enemy was also modded?

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2018-03-25 21:01:15 »
Yes he was modded (both the usual and the friendly yans).
It was also proven that, contrary to the non-modded fight, you can defeat a Friendly Yan at lvl 1.

Mezzey

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v4.3)
« Reply #90 on: 2018-04-29 05:09:50 »
Hey Tirlititi,

I've been playing through FF9 with your mod and have been thoroughly enjoying it and the extra challenge it's brought. However, I do have one possibly minor question and that is I can't seem to find beatrix to recruit her into my party. A friend told me she was in Alexandria but when I went there she was nowhere. I currently just got to Memoria within the story. I didn't try looking for her until this point because I didn't think to look up when I could add her and thought she would just join the party instead of me having to look for her. Is this a bug or did I simply wait too long to be able to add her?