Author Topic: Proud Clod deleted my scene.bin file! (i used compatibility for Windows Vista)  (Read 2336 times)

Abashi76

• View Profile
Proud Clod deleted my scene.bin file! (i used compatibility for Windows Vista)

Most of my scene.bin was deleted.

I need somebody to post me a download for the original scene.bin because it does not exist right now.

I don't think i can install only the scene.bin file, i would have to start all over again.

I took hours modding, including Hojo.

It shouldn't be hard to mod with Hojo again, but i need somebody to provide me a new scene.bin.

Why wouldn't there be a download for it?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Why are you using Vista compatibility? It was developed in Win7 anyway.

No one's going to give you an unmodified scene.bin. That's a violation of the EULA and literal piracy.

If you own the CDs you should be able to copy the file from any of them. If you bought the digital version from Square you should be able to download it again (though it'll probably be the whole thing). If you bought it on steam you just need to delete the errant file and revalidate the download.

Always make backups. I've always said that.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
If you own the digital version the fastest way to get back up and running is copy every file you modified and paste to the side. then if steam rightclick the game in the steam client and verify gamefile/integrity of game cache. this will compare your game to a baseline state and replace any modded/missing files. then just paste your modded files and boom good to go.

As for working with PrC save often, dont run in compatibility mode, and test your changes a few times before completing to make sure they are taking effect.

Abashi76

• View Profile
If you own the digital version the fastest way to get back up and running is copy every file you modified and paste to the side. then if steam rightclick the game in the steam client and verify gamefile/integrity of game cache. this will compare your game to a baseline state and replace any modded/missing files. then just paste your modded files and boom good to go.

As for working with PrC save often, dont run in compatibility mode, and test your changes a few times before completing to make sure they are taking effect.

I tried that, but after i switch to another battle formation after changing any stats i get an error. The program completely crashes if i go back to the formation in which i changed the stats.

That's what i do now.

How can i get "Proud Clod" to work? I need to change the power of enemy attacks and add more attacks to certain enemies.

PS: I heard that somebody edited the world map for the "New Threat" mod, except they got rid of it. Somebody added a forest near Kalm in order to find Yuffie, but unfortunately, they decided not to change the world map. I also just noticed that there are new enemies by Fort Condor on the beaches as opposed to meeting more "Heat Wigs". I would love to do something like that, can anybody help?

READ THIS:
1)
Error Occured:

Unable to load DLL 'zlib1.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
2)
Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Buffer cannot be null. Parameter name: buffer.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at ProudClod.Form1.GUnZip(Byte[]& byteCompressed)
   at ProudClod.Form1.SceneName_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8793 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ProudClod
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.2
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Import/New%20folder%20(2)/New%20folder%20(2)/ProudClod.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8791 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8771 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

My PM :

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18395.msg259266#msg259266

I have two computers, a small new desktop and a laptop. My laptop had "Windows 10" and the one i am currently using has "Windows 7" which is already the ideal operating system for this modding program.

It will delete me scene.bin if i run "compatibility" for "Windows Vista". I assumed it would be for that OS because the mod is old and was made in 2009 according to the website i downloaded it from. I think Windows Vista was make in 2008 because that was when i discovered it.

I need Proud Clod for the following : (Because Hojo is not advanced enough to do it)

1) Change the strength of enemy attacks in order to complete re-balancing the game
2) Add new attacks to certain enemies, mostly just "Jenova Death" because it's too easy to get immunity to fire
3) Create new encounters for different sectors to make the game less repetitive, only by doing new mixes of enemies

.... that is all i can do now based on what everybody says is possible by now :(
I wish i could add certain stuff from "New Threat Mod" which were perfect ideas, but i can't figure out how to do that if i can't even figure out why a certain modding program won't work on my computer. Like i mentioned, there have been changes to the world map in the "New Threat Mod", unfortunately they decided not to add a new forest to the world map; they still added new enemy encounters on the beach by "Fort Condor" though (and that is the most simple change i want to make that is not possible according to this particular message board).
« Last Edit: 2018-09-09 01:14:53 by Abashi76 »