Author Topic: Adding Commands to the battle menu?  (Read 4666 times)

PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] (DMR)

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
Adding Commands to the battle menu?
« on: 2014-07-04 00:36:59 »
i had noticed in the FF7 Trainer 0.7 Beta By Kranmer http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9890.0 he was able to add commands to the battle menu, i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on how to do this. any insight would be appreciated ... thank you

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Adding Commands to the battle menu?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-16 13:40:31 »
Depends on how you want to do it. You want a materia to grant it or just a character innately have the command you want?

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-17 19:43:12 »
Basically i want to separate the "attack" and "limit" commands , without using a materia to do it.

and possibly adding the "slash all", "2cut/4cut" as seperate commands also [these using their relative materia but seperating from "attack"]
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 20:07:40 by PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-18 03:43:04 »
Basically i want to separate the "attack" and "limit" commands , without using a materia to do it.

and possibly adding the "slash all", "2cut/4cut" as seperate commands also [these using their relative materia but seperating from "attack"]

The Slash-All and 2x-/4x-cut commands can be added by changing their materia type via WallMarket. I think they're 12s and changing them to X6s will add the commands rather than replace attack. 4x will override 2x unless you make separate materia for them.

Limit is a bit harder and requires hex editing the exe. If you're up to that I'll tell you.

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-18 19:30:55 »
yea im up to it, just to let you know i am not familiar with hex editing so if your up to an elaborate explanation, il give it a go.. i assume you know what you are doing with it, and isnt to difficult.

Edit:

I changed the materia type of slash all and double cut to X6 as you said which matches other commands such as steal, sense,dblow etc but they still over write the attack command, to be fair i dont know why i didnt think of this before and i assumed this would work no problem, but it doesnt, maybe this has something to do with the .exe also?
« Last Edit: 2014-07-18 20:29:15 by PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-18 21:16:04 »
I changed the materia type of slash all and double cut to X6 as you said which matches other commands such as steal, sense,dblow etc but they still over write the attack command, to be fair i dont know why i didnt think of this before and i assumed this would work no problem, but it doesnt, maybe this has something to do with the .exe also?

Yeah. I think these commands are designed to overwrite the attack command now that I think about it. I think I can fix that too...Yeah. Just found it again:
Code: [Select]
0x1CE2F8 75 -> EB
0x1CE305 75 -> EB
0x1CE312 75 -> EB
0x1CE31F 75 -> EB
That sorta makes the "Assign command position" function forget what it's assigning and give it a new slot.

Odd, but I don't see where Limit is actually granted or checked for. Likely you could just add it to a command Materia and it will appear as the "Build Command Menu" doesn't account for it since it assumes it can only be granted in battle.

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-18 22:17:44 »
pardon my ignorance but this means nothing to me.

0x1CE2F8 75 -> EB
0x1CE305 75 -> EB
0x1CE312 75 -> EB
0x1CE31F 75 -> EB

i assume i swap the 75 for EB, but what program would i need to edit this?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-18 23:25:18 »
Those are absolute addresses for you to change in a hex editor. There are plenty out there. Just load the ff7.exe in one of your choice and change the values located at those address from the first byte to the one it points to.

I write all my hex changes in this format:
address orig_value -> new_value