Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251524 times)

Fischkopf

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #850 on: 2011-11-20 07:42:54 »
What about some Screenshots? I can't see, how your mod looks.  :o

Milo Leonhart

• French...
    • View Profile
    • EKOI
« Reply #851 on: 2011-11-20 09:27:46 »
What about some Screenshots? I can't see, how your mod looks.  :o

And DLPB, i'm not sure if you've seen this so i add this screen

« Last Edit: 2011-11-20 10:21:30 by Milo Leonhart »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2011-11-20 13:52:17 »
The ex soldier thing is fixed.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2011-11-20 15:08:14 »
Making me want to replay the game again.
Wish it was instalable in smartphones, i would play in every class xD

Milo Leonhart

• French...
    • View Profile
    • EKOI
« Reply #855 on: 2011-11-21 15:44:04 »
Yup, yours is FFX Theme, you can choose FFIX or FFX theme at the installation :)

Ouroboros

• meh, lost my achivement (-_-)p
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2011-11-21 17:06:53 »
Yup, yours is FFX Theme, you can choose FFIX or FFX theme at the installation :)

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!, didnt know that since the installer dont explain or show ( With pics ) What do each option...

Thx, gona try it later

DLPB, just a small suggestion, Can you add a "sample" pic of what do each option in the installer?,some times a text explanation dont help to fully understand what option in the installer do.

I dont say it "DO IT NOWWW", is just a suggestion to add in the future
« Last Edit: 2011-11-21 17:11:22 by Ouroboros »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2011-11-21 17:12:49 »
no i can't.   8)  It is self explanatory and it is in the readme :P  Someone else can maybe?

Ouroboros

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2011-11-21 20:57:16 »
no i can't.   8)  It is self explanatory and it is in the readme :P  Someone else can maybe?

I'm just saying mainly about the interface theme, the rest is "ok"..., it whould make a bit more Friendly when you have to choose a option and not have to install 2 times or 3 times to see what theme is better for own taste...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2011-11-21 21:28:04 »
Well, there are plenty of those pictures around, but someone else can do that.  I have never liked doing it. :)

Asuka_XL

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2011-11-21 22:34:34 »
it an easy task. just upload the sample pic in photobucket and write the link in the readme.txt. ;D
haha just a suggestion.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2011-11-21 22:36:23 »
I ain't doin' it.  Final answer.  :evil:  :-D  Pictures are least on my list.

Ouroboros

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2011-11-21 23:13:24 »
Well, there are plenty of those pictures around, but someone else can do that.  I have never liked doing it. :)

I'm not trying to pick a fight or any dull argue...

Put in my place, why i should install 2 or 3 times or find by other means ( Like happend to me some post back ) wen you can have a small sample or a link in the readme to show the "Theme" in the installer, in fact you can add a "link" in the installer at side of the 2 themes options that open or redirect you to a pic preview of what are you selecting for the theme...

it add a better quality to what are you doing to the final product

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2011-11-21 23:21:04 »
1.  read the readme and you wouldn't need to.

2.  You'd have to install it anyway to really "feel" what it is about.  Or watch a video.

3.  Making a video is a waste of my time, when you can do it.  Why should I do all the work when I have done enough?  I am not doing all that when all you need to do is install it a few times.

4.  Search on youtube and you will already find people who have made videos showing the MOP.  I am not here to be the donkey, carry Mary to Bethlehem, then get the 3 wise men to make me into a roast.  I made it to Bethlehem and I am going to sleep under that star.

I install it 20 times in testing, and I do hours of work.  I am not adding more to it.  Installing 3 times is not a torture.  Nor is reading the readme, that again, took me far longer to write.

If people care so much about this issue.... simple, get me some videos/pics and I will link to them.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-21 23:25:37 by DLPB »

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #864 on: 2011-11-21 23:42:19 »
So I just did a fresh install of FF7 yesterday. I put on the official patch, installed FF7Music and the OpenGL patch. Everything worked fine. Then I installed the latest one of this. AV was disabled and I ran as Administrator. It's Windows 7 x64. It installs fine and updates Window.bin, but leave both Kernel bins, scene.bin, and world_us.lgp alone. Still modified 1998. It backs them up to Backup-MO, but doesn't patch them. I've made sure to check the retranslation checkbox. I see some Kernel txt files while it is installing and they successfully delete when it's done. Not sure what to do. I've followed the readme exactly.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-21 23:45:20 by Idec Sdawkminn »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2011-11-22 00:11:49 »
Check that those files have write access.  Right click properties.

Ouroboros

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2011-11-22 00:19:45 »
1.  read the readme and you wouldn't need to.

2.  You'd have to install it anyway to really "feel" what it is about.  Or watch a video.

3.  Making a video is a waste of my time, when you can do it.  Why should I do all the work when I have done enough?  I am not doing all that when all you need to do is install it a few times.

4.  Search on youtube and you will already find people who have made videos showing the MOP.  I am not here to be the donkey, carry Mary to Bethlehem, then get the 3 wise men to make me into a roast.  I made it to Bethlehem and I am going to sleep under that star.

I install it 20 times in testing, and I do hours of work.  I am not adding more to it.  Installing 3 times is not a torture.  Nor is reading the readme, that again, took me far longer to write.

If people care so much about this issue.... simple, get me some videos/pics and I will link to them.

Woah Woah Woah

Ok man, looks like you need to win no matter what..., when i have a valid point

BTW in your readme dont say what the difference within FF IX/X battle interface...

Sorry for disturbing your majesty

**Crawl and walk away**
« Last Edit: 2011-11-22 00:27:40 by Ouroboros »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2011-11-22 00:38:14 »
Look you are ignoring what I am saying, and I have said it 10 times.  I am not messing about spelling out what is blatantly obvious with little pictures.  Someone else can do that, maybe even you?

I really fail to see what is hard for you to understand about "FFIX" and "FFX" theme.  What isn't there to get, and why can't you just load up youtube and look?

I know why, because you are bone idle, like most.  Just accept it when a modder says he ain't doing it.  That is all I have to say on it, I do not want  a pitch battle every time something isn't spelled out in big neon lights.

I do 99% of the work, I am sorry that 1% was too much for you to do on your own (namely installing a few times to test out the different options)

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #868 on: 2011-11-22 00:44:12 »
I do 99% of the work
Shouldn't you be occupying a city, then?  ;)

Check that those files have write access.  Right click properties.

Thanks. I just figured it out. I read the log.txt file and saw it said it couldn't read world_us.lgp, saw the checkbox on it was set to read-only, unchecked it, unchecked it on the other files, reran the installer, and they all installed fine. Perhaps TSe.bat should be modified as follows to prevent such issues:

Code: [Select]
cacls ..\data /t /e /g everyone:f
attrib -r battle\scene.bin
attrib -r field\flevel.lgp
attrib -r kernel\kernel*
attrib -r wm\world_us.lgp
touphscript -f

That way it will add full access to all files in the data folder and its subfolders in case someone doesn't have write permissions, and it will remove any read-only attributes from the specified files which was my issue. Not much of an edit.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to the retranslation. I check it every so often to see what changes you made. I hate botched English translations.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2011-11-22 00:45:38 »
Cheers.  Also I didn't look in to other ways for 2 reasons.  First didn't know you could do that with bat files :P

2.  tS is being updated to allow writes on readonly files :)

Thanks though, I will use this if I ever need to!

Ouroboros

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2011-11-22 02:05:24 »
Look you are ignoring what I am saying, and I have said it 10 times.  I am not messing about spelling out what is blatantly obvious with little pictures.  Someone else can do that, maybe even you?

I really fail to see what is hard for you to understand about "FFIX" and "FFX" theme.  What isn't there to get, and why can't you just load up youtube and look?

I know why, because you are bone idle, like most.  Just accept it when a modder says he ain't doing it.  That is all I have to say on it, I do not want  a pitch battle every time something isn't spelled out in big neon lights.

I do 99% of the work, I am sorry that 1% was too much for you to do on your own (namely installing a few times to test out the different options)

Give me a VALID answer of Why is so hard to YOU to put 2 simple images on the installed and show the diff withing the battle themes

And stop atacking in each post, you are just proving how much of a a$$ you are.

You know what i dont care any more. good night sir
« Last Edit: 2011-11-22 02:13:36 by Ouroboros »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2011-11-22 02:23:16 »
Good night  :)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #872 on: 2011-11-22 13:03:36 »
I don't know if you still have the personal messages disabled, so i'll ask here directly.
If I give to you and the others that worked on this project full credit for your work, can i release the files I edited so people here can use them for the italian retranslation that i'm doing?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2011-11-22 16:10:10 »
Sure, just link to this thread's first post and in the readme too.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #874 on: 2011-11-22 16:27:04 »
Sure, just link to this thread's first post and in the readme too.

The readme you're talking about is the one that comes with the installation, right?
I was thinking of adding it in my repack directly so it would be easier for people to have it