Author Topic: Playing with Sephiroth after installation of bootleg mods  (Read 10489 times)

Ashopath

• View Profile
Please will someone guide me through this process. The scorpius patch won't work because it relies on replacing files that don't exist after bootleg has worked it's magic. I will do the work myself and replace the new sephiroth with the new cloud once everythings been changed, i just need to know where to start. please point me in the right direction.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with Sephiroth after installation of bootleg mods
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-09 16:30:10 »
Converting the Sephiroth Patch to work with Bootleg is possible.

The first step is to identify all of the files that the Sephi patch changes.
Install the vanilla game and make a backup of all the files.
Apply the complete Sephi patch to one installation.
Sephiroth Patch Files:

Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch V1.1                  Scorpicus       Play as Original Sephiroth              Qhimm FILE

seph.zip                                        sladevi         Missing Sephiroth Patch Animations      Qhimm FILE

patch for Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch.zip         anifiga         New Sephiroth Model                     Qhimm FILE

Sephiroth_Cut_Scene_Pack.zip                    Scorpicus       Play As Original Sephiroth Cutscenes    Qhimm FILE

Use Aali's LGP tools to extract a these .LGP files from both versions: battle.lgp, char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp and the minigame files.
Use a file comparison application to identify and isolate differing files.

lgp_tools_multipack_by_sithlord48-1_0.zip       Sithlord48      Aali's LGP Tools Installer                    FILE

Use Touphscript to extract the text from both versions.
Identify and isolate the new text from the Sephi patch.

touphScript_v1.2.6.7z                           Luksy           Comprehensive Dialogue Editing Tool     Qhimm FILE SOURCE

When creating the following patches, use the vanilla files as a base.

Use ProudCloud to create a changes patch for Scene.bin.

ProudClodalpha.zip                              NFITC1          Tool to edit scene.bin                  Qhimm FILE

Use WallMarket to create a changes patch for the kernels.

WallMarket145.zip                               NFITC1          Tool to edit the kernel                 Qhimm FILE

The Sephi patch also alters ff7.exe.  The included patch might not work with Menu Overhaul or other mods that significantly change ff7.exe.
If the patch fails, create a binary patch with looser standards or copy the changes in a hex editor.

Once all of the changes are identified, the process of converting the files to work with Bootleg begins.

Not all mods are compatible.  Attempting to integrate this mod with Hardcore or Aeris Revival will complicate matters.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-09 16:34:37 by PitBrat »

Ashopath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-11 03:38:10 »
Thanks for replying. So doing all of this will show me the things that need to be changed on an already patched ff7? meaning the differences in the binary of the sephiroth and vanilla will be the same as the differences in the sephiroth and patched ff7? i won't just be re creating a patch for a vanilla game?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-11 13:46:32 »
No, it won't be a patch for the Bootlegged game.
You'll simply identify the files changed by the Sephi patch.
Then you'll have to sort through the Bootlegged files and implement those same changes with the new models.
Pay close attention to the .HRC files.
Identify which models were swapped by the Sephi patch.  Then make those same swaps using the Bootlegged models.
The animation files may prove tricky.  You'll probably need the animations files from the Sephi patch.
Many of the models are simply swapped.  Just rename the Bootlegged .HRC files and alter the skeleton and bones to match the corresponding Sephi patch files.

Ashopath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-11 18:09:19 »
Thanks, i have sorted it. It sounded more involved than it turned out to be. The only thing is the menu, clouds avatar and name are still up there. Also sephiroths mouth is a big white patch, is that a problem with the model that you advised to download? thanks for the good advice.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-11 22:38:17 »
Load the model in Kimera and attempt to correct the missing texture there.
Use notepad to check the .hrc file for errors.

If you create a working patch, please share.
I'd very much like to support the Sephi Patch with Bootleg.

Ashopath

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-02-13 01:07:35 »
I am working on the patch. I have a fully playable sephiroth, but once my ecitement of my accomplishment receded i noticed that the reason sephy didn't look right was because the skeleton was bigger and he still had lego graphics. i just thought that was the other model of him, ridiculous, i know. so what i really want is the npc sephiroth from the bootlegged ff7. i know i need to find the p files and replace each one, i just don't know where they are. i'm looking as i'm writing this but if you know where i can find them please let me know. thanks.

oh and the damn avatar! have you got a simple way of changing it, i think i'm missing something very simple because it really can't be that hard, surely?
« Last Edit: 2012-02-13 01:25:59 by Ashopath »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-02-13 09:28:45 »
Hi Ashopath,

did you check/empty the cache folder(s) ?

oh and the damn avatar! have you got a simple way of changing it, i think i'm missing something very simple because it really can't be that hard, surely?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-02-13 12:54:09 »
The avatars are located in the MODS folder: ...\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Bootleg\menu\

There is a Sephiroth battle model included in these mods:

patch for ice_cold513 sephiroth patch.zip       anifiga         New Sephiroth Model                     Qhimm FILE

patch for Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch.zip         anifiga         New Sephiroth Model                     Qhimm FILE

The Sephiroth field model is included with the PRP models:

FF7-PRP_Installer.rar                           Borde           New field models                        Qhimm FILE       Included in Remix

« Last Edit: 2012-02-13 14:33:00 by PitBrat »

Ashopath

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-02-13 17:56:11 »
The avatars are located in the MODS folder: ...\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Bootleg\menu\

Everytime i attempt to alter something in this folder the game stops looking for it there and reverts to a different mod. example: if i change clouds picture but keep the file name the same, it still looks for the avatar in the munu.lgp rather than the mods folder, so the others are transparent but that one isn't.

EDIT: Avatar problem solved, don't know why that didn't work in the first place.

The Sephiroth field model is included with the PRP models:

FF7-PRP_Installer.rar                           Borde           New field models                        Qhimm FILE       Included in Remix

I need to know where the p files for sephiroth are, i don't know how to extract them from the prp installer. What lgp file are they being drawn from?

Thanks for your help guys

EDIT: Found everything that i need to find, just need to get sephys' limbs in the right places. I changed all the names of sephy files to be in clouds place but that doesn't seem to fit properly, this might be time consuming. :)

This is Sephiroth with Clouds .hrc
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76595717@N02/6874003105/in/photostream
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6874003925_51a48c8a88_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76595717@N02/6874004733/in/photostream

This is Sephiroth with his own .hrc
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/6876388077_e4e0577f11_s.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76595717@N02/6876387077/

Obviously this isn't right so if anyone knows the best way of fixing this it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I think that it's the animations isn't it, because sephy has more bones and can't use clouds animations. I'm trying to change them but it looks like i just end up corrupting files. obviously i'm trying to do it myself but if anyone knows something useful it'd be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-14 20:12:16 by Ashopath »