Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000795 times)

Erzfreund

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.6]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #775 on: 2012-09-17 18:47:31 »
That is a good approach. But instead of reverse the stat table, Baseline and Current Stat must be inverted generating a new Stat Difference formula.[…]

Your idea is the better one and it should work good enough. Can’t test though (Linux).

FF74EVER

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2012-09-17 20:25:33 »
Pure Genius!!! Thank you so much!! :)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #777 on: 2012-09-18 01:35:33 »
Your idea is the better one and it should work good enough. Can’t test though (Linux).

it should be easy enuff for you to install qtcreator and build the program from source, or just tell me 32 or 64 bit and i will make you an Executable for you system type. (you will have to have the qt libaries installed , and you do if your using black chocobo 1.9.6 ) Us Penguins need to look out for eachother ;)

Erzfreund

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2012-09-18 15:14:57 »
Qtcreator works like a charm.

Could it be, that the save slots are starting with slot 2 instead of slot 1?

For the save map:

z_6

#1 --> StepID 09C540 (psx ntsc and BrutalAl’s notion, Terence called it Seed)
#2 --> Offset 09AD2C

These values are used for field encounter timing:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6431.0
« Last Edit: 2012-09-18 15:23:01 by Erzfreund »

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #779 on: 2012-09-18 21:13:20 »
z_6

#1 --> StepID 09C540 (psx ntsc and BrutalAl’s notion, Terence called it Seed)
#2 --> Offset 09AD2C

Interesting... those memory address's represent exactly what save map bytes?

please use the save map address's:

0x0BA0    4 bytes    z_6 Unknown

0x0BA0    1 Byte     z_6[0]
0x0BA1    1 Byte     z_6[1]
0x0BA2    1 Byte     z_6[2]
0x0BA3    1 Byte     z_6[3]

Thanks!

Erzfreund

• View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2012-09-18 21:47:17 »
Yes, the values in the memory address and in the save map are identical.

0x0BA1    1 Byte     z_6[1] --> StepID/Seed
0x0BA2    1 Byte     z_6[2] --> Offset

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #781 on: 2012-09-19 16:07:17 »
Yes, the values in the memory address and in the save map are identical.

0x0BA1    1 Byte     z_6[1] --> StepID/Seed
0x0BA2    1 Byte     z_6[2] --> Offset

[...]
These are the variables addresses in the PSX memory (hope it's of any help);
8007173c - danger counter
8009C540 - bcheck counter
8009AD2C - bcloop counter
[...]

these looks like gs code and this is the decoded result:
Offset                len            desc
0x07173C         2Bytes       danger counter
0x09C540         2Bytes       bcheck counter
0x09AD2C         2Bytes       bcloop counter

No matter what module is banked into memory, there is a section of memory 4,340 bytes long (0x10F4 bytes) that is reserved for all the variables for the entire game. This entire image is called the "Savemap". When it's time to save a game, this section of memory is copied to non-volatile ram, such as a hard disk or memory card.
Source: http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Kernel/Memory_management

Position diff: 0x09C540 - 0x09AD2C = 0x001814 (6164 dec)
Savemap size is 0x10F4 (4340 dec). The position diff is out of range, is 1824bytes bigger than the entire savemap.
I can't see how these 2 addresses ends with 1 byte position diff in the savemap offset... :-o

Let me see if i can understand your point, you say that those memory address have sync/replicated values on the savemap addresses?

Erzfreund

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2012-09-19 21:28:47 »
[…]

Let me see if i can understand your point, you say that those memory address have sync/replicated values on the savemap addresses?

Well, actually my point is, that z_6[1] and z_6[2] show the same values as field encounter timing StepID/Seed and offset, respectively, thus there are probably related or the same. I provided the memory addresses so anyone can reproduce it. Can’t say anything about the internals.

dgkresge

« Reply #783 on: 2012-09-24 07:26:51 »
Quick question, what's the latest update on the whole ps3 encryption? I would love to be able to use this with that.

mobile

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2012-09-28 10:42:13 »
Greetings,

I would like to convert a PCSX save file (.mcr or .pcsxstate) to one compatible with FPSE Android (.mcd).

Using the export options within BC, I can export to .mcr, .vgs, .gme, and .ff7, but I can't find an option for .mcd, even though documentation says it can export to that file type. 

Can someone please advise?

Thank you greatly.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #785 on: 2012-09-28 16:29:41 »
mcd and mcr are the same file type. they just have a different extention. all you need to do is change the filename so it ends in .mcd. you can also export as file.mcd if you change the  extention when you export.(you can change it to any VMC file type and it will export that type). Black Chocobo is not Compatible with .psxstate files. i will see if i can make the VMC file type selection durring export easier.

Edit in 1.9.7 you will be able to select the types in the export file dialog.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-28 16:44:51 by sithlord48 »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #786 on: 2012-09-29 05:48:00 »
actually.. wouldn't it be kind of trivial to "grab" the savemap from a savestate? I mean a savestate is just a ram dump with the current machine state I'm not sure if the savemap is contiguous in memory, but knowing what we know, we can probably slap on a header and checksum and call it a file.

It's an amusing thought.

mobile

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2012-09-29 06:52:30 »
mcd and mcr are the same file type. they just have a different extention. all you need to do is change the filename so it ends in .mcd. you can also export as file.mcd if you change the  extention when you export.(you can change it to any VMC file type and it will export that type). Black Chocobo is not Compatible with .psxstate files. i will see if i can make the VMC file type selection durring export easier.

Edit in 1.9.7 you will be able to select the types in the export file dialog.

Hm. For some reason, when I change the extension to .mcd, and loading onto my mobile device, neither my emulator (FPse) nor my Android memcard manager (PSX MC Manager) see anything in the slots...

[edit : corrected Android app name.]
Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I did not understand the difference between trying to load the memory card (within game) and loading the savestate (within the emulator). I have it figured out now! I needed to load within game, not the savestate within fpse.

Thank you for your patience and clarification!
« Last Edit: 2012-09-29 12:32:21 by mobile »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #788 on: 2012-09-29 15:26:58 »
actually.. wouldn't it be kind of trivial to "grab" the savemap from a savestate? I mean a savestate is just a ram dump with the current machine state I'm not sure if the savemap is contiguous in memory, but knowing what we know, we can probably slap on a header and checksum and call it a file.

It's an amusing thought.

honestly i have not looked in to this i would think it would be pretty easy also. only issue i could see is it could be hard to find out if the save state is FF7 or another psx game.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #789 on: 2012-09-29 20:37:50 »

It's an amusing thought.

I like this idea :)

honestly i have not looked in to this i would think it would be pretty easy also. only issue i could see is it could be hard to find out if the save state is FF7 or another psx game.

The game serial id is stored in the save state.

Edit: Hyne can now open save states from ePSXe and pSX ^^.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-30 15:53:37 by myst6re »

vanmichi16

update checksum
« Reply #790 on: 2012-10-01 19:18:56 »
I'm trying to put a game on my Vita.. but it keeps saying update checksum... etc....
what do i do for this?
also when i change my saved game on my vita then import it again it says the memory card wont read...

Edit: I have merged this thread into the main Black Chocobo topic - Bosola
« Last Edit: 2012-10-02 12:50:21 by Bosola »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: update checksum
« Reply #791 on: 2012-10-02 02:18:47 »
I'm trying to put a game on my Vita.. but it keeps saying update checksum... etc....
what do i do for this?
also when i change my saved game on my vita then import it again it says the memory card wont read...

the vitas saves are mostly likely signed like the psp and ps3 you will have to get your file signed somehow. if you have a ps3 you can try one of the ps3 work arounds listed in the FAQ section.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #792 on: 2012-10-09 15:19:18 »
Version 1.9.7 has been Released for all platforms.

Changes this version include:
New: More locations to set your save point (about 300 ish) + Location Previews
New: Better Widgets for Chars, Materia Items. etc. (from the FF7tk)
New: Automatic Update of your cloud sync (if metadata.xml found with your save)
BUG FIXES: GALORE! Again due to continued work on the FF7tk

Other News:

This is the last build i will be doing for windows. Vegeta_Ss4 is now the maintainer for Windows Packaging.

Whats Not Included:
100% Updated Translations for Japanese,German (maybe french/spanish too)
Anyone Intrested in Translating Should let me or Vegeta_Ss4 know so we can help you help us.

Where To get it:
The Usuall Places Projects Web Page

Quote from:  Links

Windows Users
Download The Windows Installer
 Includes optional samples and source code

Mac Os Users
Download The MacOs Installer
 Includes optional samples and source code

Non-Debian/Ubuntu Linux Users
Download The Generic Linux Installer
optionally Get Source Package

Ubuntu /Debian Linux Users
*buntu users can add the ppa this command
Code: (run in terminal) [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sithlord48/ff7and then install "blackchocobo" with their prefered package manager (after updating package cache)
Optionally get Samples andSource Package

Debian / Ubuntu based distros should  View The PPa Website for more info on setting up the ppa
« Last Edit: 2012-10-19 16:12:28 by sithlord48 »

Jawebb

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2012-10-12 19:38:37 »
Hi,

I have the new pc version of Final Fantasy 7. How do you get the changes done by Black chocobo to stay? They seem to be reversed every time I start the game. The network downloads the saves and seems to override the changes.

Cheers

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2012-10-12 19:58:11 »
Open FFVII, go to Continue, then edit the save at the screen (the one where you pick the slot). You can then open the slot, load the specific save file. You will then have to save this save file to permanently keep the changes.

But doesn't the latest version of Black Chocobo overcome this?

Jawebb

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2012-10-12 21:29:55 »
Nope, the saves sync and override but your tip worked a treat. Thanks! :-D

So, now I can enjoy the story.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #796 on: 2012-10-12 21:52:58 »
Under file theres a create cloud sync folder option. Thata how u get it to work on rerelease

Jawebb

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2012-10-13 06:14:43 »
How does the cloud save work? I tried saving it all to the user/final fantasy/user_number file but it still overwrites all the changes. How does it work exactly?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #798 on: 2012-10-13 14:45:26 »
How does the cloud save work? I tried saving it all to the user/final fantasy/user_number file but it still overwrites all the changes. How does it work exactly?

The Create Cloud Save works like this.. first you select the folder you want to write files to. (this is mainly to import new saves btw.) The Folder Should be where your saves are placed. if you donot provide the correct user id the signing will fail.  then you pick the files you want in your metadata and hit ok...

IF you are Just Editing a file that happens to be a cloud save file you should only have to open the file and then save it again. Black Chocobo will check when writing for the presence of metadata.xml and if it finds it will sign the save you edit using the detected user id gathered from the files path.

Durring writing 1.9.7 we had several users (who have 2012 pc) test this functionality and it was working. no one on "the team" has a 2012 copy to check with.

EDIT: if you are editing w/ 1.9.7 DO not do it while ff7 is running this may cause your metadata to get overwritten by the game, be sure to try without the game running before attempting to use the other method above.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-13 14:50:06 by sithlord48 »

AngryCrab

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2012-10-28 18:46:00 »
Hello.

I'm trying to open a pcsx-r save, but when I select 'Mcd001.mcr' from the memcards folder and click open, BC isn't seeing my save. It's showing every slot as '-Empty-'.

I'm running a bottled windows version of the pcsx-r on OS X 10.6.8 (better gfx.) It might be pertinent that Finder seems to be treating these .mcr files a little oddly, for instance when I select the file with my save, the modified date wasn't being updated from the created date (it treats my older os x memcards correctly, displaying the correct modified dates as the last time I played/saved.)

Thanks for reading and any help. ^^