Author Topic: bar fill gradients in FF7  (Read 4172 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
bar fill gradients in FF7
« on: 2020-05-24 18:28:37 »
i am currently wondering about the possibility of editing the gradients that make the bars fill up (my bad if this belongs in troubleshooting)

IE the green gradient that fills up the time bar (and then turns yellow) or the pink gradient that fills up the limit bar

i am pretty confident that unlike the bars themselves, the fillers are not edited with a graphic

so does anyone know if there is a piece of code that makes up the gradients that can be edited with a tool somewhat easily? (or perhaps there is a graphic that can be extracted that i havent seen)
or even if not easily, is it feasible? if no one has successfully edited it, i doubt i have the ability to be the first to do it, but if i'm able to edit them with a bunch of hex codes or something like that (or better yet in photoshop) i am very very confident i can make something better

i'm pretty sure i already know the answer (no), but just wanting confirmation from someone who actually knows instead of having a hunch

can the gradients be pulled out, edited, and inserted back in the game?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 18:35:38 by Orichalcon »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: bar fill gradients in FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-24 20:26:09 »
I found it at one point. At least the base colors. I imagine the gradient wouldn’t be too far from that. I’ll have to take a look later.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-25 03:16:15 »
thats exciting news, no rush of course

even if i can just invert the gradient that would be nice, if you cut the height of any of the bars down, you end up with only the 2 largest rows (height wise) of the gradient, so the limit bar for instance the top half will fill up with pink,  bottom half fills up with white, and obviously it looks terrible

EDIT: wow, i'll have to play around with that, i know very little assembly language, unfortunately

but just like most things, its never too late

dlpb what is your username on discord? or any chance you could unblock me from PMs so i could ask a question or two about hext if i get stuck? 7th h already has ESUI so pretty much all the work i'm doing only benefits reunion (or maybe vanilla)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 03:27:07 by Orichalcon »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-25 04:37:47 »
FREAKIN SWEET

somehow even not having a clue what i'm doing i am getting this to work and successfully modified the time bar, pretty neat

somehow i unlocked a new feature, instead of turning yellow when the time bar is complete, i got it to go gray, then only turns yellow on that character's turn so you can see what character you are controlling by which time bar is yellow  :lol: :lol: :-D

edit:
here is the converted hext i made:

Code: [Select]
#time bar color when full and not char's turn / bb gg rr AT
6DD553 = 55 33 00 FF

#time bar color when filling up / bb gg rr AT
6DD59B = 22 16 00 FF

#6DD4EF and/or 6DD4FA have something to do with time bar color on char's turn (and likely other unknown things)
# editing easily leads to in-battle crash
#6DD4EF = 8A 05 E4 3B DC 00 D0 E8 88 C1 88
#6DD4FA = C5 C1 E1 07 8A 0D E4 3B DC 00 90 90 90 90 90 90

#limit bar color when inflicted with sadness in battle / ?? bb gg rr AT ??
6DD65A = BA 55 11 00 FF 90

#limit bar color when inflicted with anger in battle / ?? bb gg rr AT ??
6DD677 = BA 06 06 55 FF 90

#limit bar color when filling up in battle / bb gg rr AT
6DD685 = 33 55 33 FF

#limit bar color when inflicted with sadness in menu/ ?? bb gg rr AT ??
6CACC7 = BA 55 11 00 FF 90

#limit bar color when inflicted with anger in menu/ ?? bb gg rr AT ??
6CACF5 = BA 06 06 55 FF 90

#limit bar color when filling up in main menu / bb gg rr AT
6CAD09 = 33 55 33 FF

#limit bar color when inflicted with sadness in limit menu/ ?? bb gg rr AT ??
70322D = BA 55 11 00 FF 90

#limit bar color when inflicted with anger in limit menu/ ?? bb gg rr AT ??
703255 = BA 06 06 55 FF 90

#limit bar color when filling up in limit menu/ bb gg rr AT
703263 = 33 55 33 FF

i figured out most of it and neatly labeled what everything does so the community can use this without having it be a pain

and thanks for the code DLPB

edit: updated with limit menu
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 22:26:51 by Orichalcon »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-31 21:32:45 »
sorry for the bump but now that the colors have been solved, i am still looking for the information on the gradients, specifically the code that makes it a white gradient

being able to make it a gray/silver/black gradient would go a long way, if the code with the other aspects is nearby - great

but i'd love to be able to darken the bar fillers

no hurry, of course, if someone has spare moment and it doesnt feel like a chore  :-D

edit: just realized the 1 and only thing missing from the colors hext above is the limit bar(s) in the status menu....
« Last Edit: 2020-06-03 04:34:46 by Orichalcon »