Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1844672 times)

NVNiko

• A wannabe nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #325 on: 2011-10-05 00:57:25 »
Have you tried playing the game without the field PNG textures?
Browse to the FF7 folder.
Change the name of .\mods\Bootleg\field  to  .\mods\Bootleg\field.bak
Try playing the game that way with the field textures disabled.
If the lag is gone then the problem is related to a combination of FacePalmer, BlackFan and Enhanced Field Textures.

This fixed the problem ;D  Now the question is, what is the best way to configure the textures for quality and performance?
Oh and just in case you were wondering I have 4gb installed ram and 9000mb virtual ram.

PS - In the latest version of BFE (I used it 4 times already :)) You seem to be having some coding issues.

-Every time I installed, I chose the AC avatars, but sometimes they didn't load
-One time when choosing the default menu background I got the Cloud with friends background
-Not sure if this is related to you or the maker of the mod but the Masamune mod replaced my buster sword.  I thought it was only supposed to replace the Masamune and not all of Clouds weapons but I could very will be wrong because I never used that mod before

Keep up the great work

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2011-10-05 01:04:27 »
Just joined up here today. had to really.  I wanted to come on here and tell you PitBrat, that I LOVE Bootleg.  It made modding FF7 so easy!! 
 I now have my game running almost how I want it.  I'm missing one big thing (well it's big to me) I've been trying to read up on how to mod the game myself so I could do one little thing with the weapon mods I got through Bootleg. I was hoping I could take Clouds weapons (all but the Ultima weapon) and change their battle graphics to all look like the Buster sword.  I just love it so much. After getting Bootleg and all of the mods I wanted working, I love the one that changed looks of the Buster sword even more so.
  So thats my reason I'd love to just have all of them look like it.  hehehe

Anyways, It's been a pain in the butt, I can't seem to wrap my head around it.  So it's been going slow.

I thought I would ask you if I was able to get my idea to work, would I be able to do these changes to the battle.lgp  after all of the changes Bootleg did to the game?  Or would it mess up all of the mods I have.  Thanks

Once again love Bootleg.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2011-10-05 01:07:53 »
Open your kernel.bin with Wall Market and go under the Weapons tab. Then change the ID for the one of the Buster sword (00) then save (Create kernel.bin)

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2011-10-05 01:25:14 »
Open your kernel.bin with Wall Market and go under the Weapons tab. Then change the ID for the one of the Buster sword (00) then save (Create kernel.bin)

Thanks for the info. Sounds way easier than what I was reading up on with battle.lgp.   
Edit: I deleted the problem I had with that program due to me not learning yet to read fully before trying to run it.  Forgot to DL
VisualBasicPower. Got that installed and it's working now.   So once again, thanks for telling me about WallMarket. :)

Also I'm guessing me changing this around won't mess with all that Bootleg installed, because Whew....it takes forever to install of of those mods..   Once again PitBrat. Love your installer. It really did help me out on getting all of the mods I wanted installed on FF7. 

« Last Edit: 2011-10-05 01:30:19 by IHIavok96 »

Roody

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2011-10-05 03:21:09 »
One of your URL in the bootleg front end sends me to the wrong file "FF7 enhanced movies 2" sends to "FF7 enhanced movies 1" link

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2011-10-06 05:03:38 »
Thanks!
I fixed the Enhanced Movies 2 link.
I'm still busy with the next version of Bootleg.

DLPB removed the link to his Menu Overhaul project.
How should I handle support for Menu Overhaul?
I'll most likely leave support for the recalled 003 until the next release.

NVNiko,
Make sure that no files are open from the Final Fantasy install folder.
If you're accessing a folder or viewing a picture or other file in the install folder, Bootleg will fail to update those files.
Close all other programs and folders before running Bootleg.

Unfortunately, there are not many options to improve the performance of the PNG field textures.  Deglitching textures removes the lighting textures and may help.  You could also identify the problem scenes and delete just those folders from the field folder.  Also, try using SL1982 and Blackfan without FacePalmer or vice versa.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2011-10-06 12:11:30 »
Rumbah allowed me to Torrent his FMV's so there will be only one part. Useful if one doesn't want to download all parts. I'll also upload to MediaFire (but less parts, 205 Mb each).

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2011-10-07 01:57:13 »
Hey PitBrat,
  I saw in your bootleg option where you give people a choice to pick different movies, or backgrounds etc etc.   So I was wondering if you thought about letting people use Bootleg to pick different versions of Clouds and other members. 
  Don't get me wrong, the one that was in Remix is cool. Just something that popped into my head one day when I came across a different Cloud I can DL and use. 

I might try to see if I can put it in myself, but thought I'd see if you had plans for a later Bootleg version to add more options like that.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2011-10-07 02:12:49 »
If the model you found is illegal, then you may not use it. And it's way more difficult that you think to import.

Rumbah's FMV's (Torrent) : http://www.mediafire.com/?0rokx40hd9ds3u5

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2011-10-07 03:15:14 »
IHIavok96,
VGR is correct.  Most of the Cloud models out there are illegal rips containing copyright material.  As soon as APZ finishes his New Canon Cloud, I'll assimilate it.  Omni Cloud is the only other model available here on Qhimm; no one has yet requested this model.

Bootleg will not support the ripped models.  It would require an immense amount of work and prohibit distribution via Qhimm.

There are mods available that replace Cloud with Sephiroth, Vincent and the Turks.

There are also chibi field models.  When APZ releases his New Canon Cloud as a chibi field model, I will implement support for all of the chibi models.

If you know of any Final Fantasy VII material that is not in violation of copyright laws, please post the link in this forum!

VGR,
I'll need your mad skills soon.  I'm working on a BootLoader to reduce the amount of space needed to install all of the modes with the Revival option.  Do you have any submissions for pretty interface graphics?  UGerstl made me a beautiful about screen graphic.  I almost released a new version just to show off UGerstl work. 
I'm currently optimizing modes.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2011-10-07 05:49:18 »
I'm not sure if it's illegal.  In the read me, it talks about the battle model being only a higher quality version of the one that's normal.  When you look at the model that's pretty much what it looks like too.  Just like the low res one we normally get, but with more detail in it now. 
   Just in case, I won't link it, would I be able to put on here the name of the guy that made it?  Cause I don't see how it could be illegal, if all it is is a higher res version of what's already in the game. right? 

It's so far been giving me trouble installing it that's for sure.   Got the model in but the Buster Sword turned white.  hehehe 

I've see others post pics of models that you can't use. Maybe I should show a pic of the model. You guys would know if it's useable or not. 
 I'll wait until I get an answer though before doing that.   :)
 Thanks for the info.

PS. If we find out this model I found isn't illegal, maybe I can get help fixing the sword.  If not I understand. 

main reason I liked it was , it keeps Clouds hair like it looks in the game.  The one with Remix and that, made Clouds hair too short I thought.

Anyways, let me know if I can or can't post a pic, or the guys name that made it, and I'll get back to you.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2011-10-07 09:24:27 »
You can post a pic and the name of the guy who made it, as long as you give no link.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2011-10-07 14:58:10 »
Here you go then.  The higher quality looking Cloud was made by Dreakon.  Here is a before and after pic too.

Before                                                                  After

So what do you guys think?   Not as much detail as the one that's with Remix and that, but I don't believe it is illegal, as it looks like it's only the Cloud in the game with higher res or something added to it. 

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2011-10-07 14:59:48 »
Was made a long time ago by some member of Qhimm whose I forgot the name. It's the Hi-Res Cloud from the last fight.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2011-10-07 16:12:41 »
There are 3 Cloud battle models:
    Cloud_Pelo_Largo.rar
    Cloud_Pelo_Pincho.rar
    Civilian Cloud.rar

The links were removed from Qhimm.
If these are legal models and someone provides working links, I'll include them in Bootleg.
The same goes for the model discussed by IHIavok96.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2011-10-07 16:13:28 »
Aaah ok.

I take it then, it's not an illegal Cloud then :)

Good!  Cause I'm working on trying to get his mod to work.  It's in an .exe and so what I've been doing is, well a pain in the butt.  Taking his battle.lgp  unpacking it, then taking the rt files for Cloud, taking the battle.lgp from the game (after Bootleg and all of the mods added) and trying to switch out the rt files from his to it.  Needless to say. The best I've gotten so far is, his Cloud is in the game now, but Cloud's weapons are now all white. Missing their textures.
 That's the part I'm stumped at for now. 

Also as far as APZ's Canon Cloud goes. I am indeed waiting for that one, and it's good news to hear that it will be added into the bootleg for us to pick. From what I've seen us his work on it, it's looking pretty damn good.

EDIT:  Saw where you posted below me. Here's the link for this mod. (took me a little to find it.)  Hope you enjoy it though. 
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49DV19AB

The thing about it though. it won't work as is. You'll have to go in and get this mod to work a different way. Using it as it is. EXE , it will give you an error and crash the game upon entering battle.
   Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 33
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: invalid version in polygon file STAGE67.P11
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T00
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T00
UNEXPECTED: invalid blendmode (1059316610)
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
WM_CLOSE
ERROR: unhandled exception

So hopefully with what you typed. should work. 
« Last Edit: 2011-10-07 16:56:25 by IHIavok96 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2011-10-07 16:21:27 »
To install the Cloud battle model with working weapon textures, just consult the Bootleg Tutorial on the first page.
Check under the section for installing the Slayersnext, Millenia and Mike's weapons mods.
You'll need the PCreator tool in order to set the texture slots to 10 for the Cloud battle model.
Make sure not to overwrite the texture files or you'll need to reinstall the weapons mods.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2011-10-07 16:55:15 »
You forgot Bloodshot's customized battle models:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11687.0
they're NPC models turned into battle i think this is sightly more detailed than Dreakons

and if you want a tifa:

also has some updated Shinra Soldiers which look pretty cool compared to the original
« Last Edit: 2011-10-07 16:58:32 by e1sunz »

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2011-10-07 18:46:48 »
Hmm could be my eyes, but it does look better.  :)

Hey PitBrat, I'm having trouble finding the PCreator tool. The links up on here are dead. Any idea where else I can get it?   I've been looking around on google, but no luck yet.
  Also using the link and the ones that were made by Bloodshot, posted by e1sunz, works better than the ones I found.  After installing them, I no longer have any white weapons. However they are back to the normal looking ones.  Seems it overwrites the cool looking Buster Sword that was included in the mods installed with Bootleg.
  From what I understand, if I had this PCreator, I could fix the problem and keep that Cloud too.  Have my cake and eat it eh? 

I'll look around more for a PCreator  that I can DL. 

EDIT:   
 Thanks for the link Vgr!   
After awhile of playing around with this program, Aali's lgp tool and a few others (to view the models) I can say that I now have the weapons working right, and the Cloud I want in the game.  All is peaceful now.  Hahahaha

Thanks also PitBrat for letting me know about the "how to" on first page.    Without you two's help, I might have given up a long time ago on this

I look forward to newer updates to Bootleg.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-07 21:21:19 by IHIavok96 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2011-10-07 18:58:44 »
http://www.mediafire.com/?u0c4175btumrf1g

Uploaded it a while ago for someone else, but here it is.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2011-10-10 17:08:37 »
This fixed the problem ;D  Now the question is, what is the best way to configure the textures for quality and performance?
Oh and just in case you were wondering I have 4gb installed ram and 9000mb virtual ram.

PS - In the latest version of BFE (I used it 4 times already :)) You seem to be having some coding issues.

-Every time I installed, I chose the AC avatars, but sometimes they didn't load
-One time when choosing the default menu background I got the Cloud with friends background
-Not sure if this is related to you or the maker of the mod but the Masamune mod replaced my buster sword.  I thought it was only supposed to replace the Masamune and not all of Clouds weapons but I could very will be wrong because I never used that mod before

Keep up the great work

I was reading what you guys were talking about on how the game when modded up can have some slow down here and there.  Something I came across on my system that seems to have fixed it was this.   I have a dual core and I was seeing how this game tends to use only a single core when playing, so I went into Task Manager, and after that I turned on the 2nd core to be used for FF7. So when I start to play FF7 I'll go in there and set it to use both rather than using one.
  Under Processes, right click program, Set Affinity, then check the other core or cores you may have showing.  It does seem to make both cores work the game now rather then one doing all of the work.

« Last Edit: 2011-10-10 17:47:16 by IHIavok96 »

NeoSlicerZ

« Reply #346 on: 2011-10-10 22:07:58 »
I just used this awesome but after ticking the Hardcore option, the game doesn't seem to be affected, seems to be no difference between the the normal and hardcore versions from clicking the icons remix threw up. Am I doing something wrong in launching the game? :S

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2011-10-10 22:22:27 »
Did you launched "hardcore"?

xechostormx

« Reply #348 on: 2011-10-11 00:20:39 »
I was assembling all the available mods and I am missing:
cr.rar ( this one has been missing for quite some time now)
and now m003.rar is down. I know he is moving to m004 in the next few days, but I'd still like to have them so I can start playing.

I hope requesting these isn't out of line.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-11 00:34:28 by xechostormx »

NeoSlicerZ

« Reply #349 on: 2011-10-11 00:22:14 »
Did you launched "hardcore"?

Did another clean uninstall/reinstall, weird, works now.