Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1846775 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #350 on: 2011-10-11 02:01:40 »
NeoSlicerZ,
The UAC in Vista and Win7 can prevent Hardcore mode from starting properly if the game is installed in a system folder like Program Files.
Start the game as Administrator by right clicking the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.

I'll look in to adding dual core support to the FF7 launcher.

CR.ZIP is not an essential mod.  It is an optional replacement for the prelude credits.  This mod will be included in the next release of Menu Overhaul.
M003.RAR is floating around somewhere as a torrent.

xechostormx

« Reply #351 on: 2011-10-11 02:42:45 »
thanks!
« Last Edit: 2011-10-11 02:50:41 by xechostormx »

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2011-10-11 19:55:54 »
I'll start off by saying that, I could be 100% wrong on this, but I'll give some input on what I've found out about the UAC and at least Vista.  From other modding communities.   For those that don't wish to turn off their UAC that is.

Inside  C:Users\(name here)\AppData\Local.  Theres a folder called VirtualStore. Inside it is another folder named Program Files (x86)
  In here you could end up finding a lot of files that have something to do with your games.  Which from what I have seen, can end up messing up a game ( Older games)when you try adding a mod into it. 
   Through another modding community, I found a work around, that seems to work. I've used it on that game and pretty much all of my games now.  It helped me with installing FF7 mods without a problem.

If you want to work around not having to turn off the UAC to get a mod to work right with said game, you can go into the VirtualStore and find the game folder you wish to work with.  After finding it, go through these steps.  You could go and disable VirtualStore all together and keep UAC up and running, or just fix the games you want, as you see fit.  (Depends on which way you would want to handle it.

What I'll do here is show how to do it on a game by game need.
By removing the security concerns about your FF7 install. You will tell the operating system that FF7 is trustworthy in your opinion, and that the OS won't need to worry about virtualizing its files to protect you!

Find your FF7 folder inside your normal C: Program files (where it installed itself)
 For me it was inside Program Files(x86) Right click on the FF7 Folder go to Properties.  Next go to the Security Tab. under Group or user names highlight Users (User-PC\Users) Below click on Edit. On new window, highlight Users (User-PC\Users)
 At bottom check both Full control and Modify. Apply then OK. 

You might want to consider going into C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files, and deleting the FF7folder, so there's no confusion for the game, and also to save space.

There you have it folks.  With that said, always be sure you know what you're doing before, well following what I've typed here. I'd hate anyone to mess up their computer.

« Last Edit: 2011-10-11 20:04:09 by IHIavok96 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2011-10-12 01:05:24 »
Or just right click on the .exe file and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu.
Alternately, right click, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check 'Run this program as administrator' and OK.  Then it'll always start with the required privileges.
Then you'll never need to worry about virtual store.

Or just install to a non system folder like 'C:\games\Final Fantasy VII.'

I don't think you can disable the virtual store on Win 7 without some major disadvantages.
But use either of the above methods and it's no problem.

Ishtaria

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2011-10-15 06:47:22 »
It must have taken me close to 6 hours to do all of this modding manually but boy what a result. All the time was worth it and unlimited kudos to you for a flawless and idiot-proof guide. The clear instructions also served to help me understand what processes are needed when modding so I was able to add a few additional unmentionable changes to the game.

The only criticism I have, and it's really just nit-picking, is that I'm not keen on the Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter models but as I said above, because of the concise instructions I was able to change these myself. Such a mass of content and this is my only "complaint"? Just shows you what a true quality contribution the Bootleg Edit is.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2011-10-15 18:42:06 »
I try to arrange the tutorial so that you can skip some of the optional mods and still have everything else working.
You might also try the Bootleg Configurator.
It automates everything in the tutorial and adds support for quite a few more mods.

I'm very close to a new Bootleg release.
I've assimilated the alternate Cloud battle models along with a few other mods I've scrounged up.
This community is awesome for continuing to produce such amazing work!
I've received permission to add some of the mods to the Bootleg download.  Now there are fewer mod files to download separately.
The biggest change is with the difficulty mods.  I've assimilated such mods as: Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult), Scene Redux, Lost Wing, Remastered, Hard Core, Aeris Revival and Spell Names.
BootLoader starts FF7 in any of the 44 possible modes without the need to install anything else.

There may still be more modes at release time.  I'm investigating Kuugen's Crazies and the Moderate Difficulty mods now.
Thanks for keeping the suggestions for additions coming.
Are there any difficulty mods that people are playing now?
Does anyone have any ideas for creatively combining some of these mods to create a style of play?
I think the combination of Harder Items and Scene Redux my be interesting.  I've already included those options.
The only mods that don't combine well are Hardcore, Remastered and Lost Wing.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the new bugs I've introduced into Bootleg.  :|
Thanks again to this supportive community.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2011-10-17 00:57:49 »
I try to arrange the tutorial so that you can skip some of the optional mods and still have everything else working.
It automates everything in the tutorial and adds support for quite a few more mods.

I've assimilated the alternate Cloud battle models along with a few other mods I've scrounged up.
I've received permission to add some of the mods to the Bootleg download.  Now there are fewer mod files to download separately.
The biggest change is with the difficulty mods.  I've assimilated such mods as: Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult), Scene Redux, Lost Wing, Remastered, Hard Core, Aeris Revival and Spell Names.
BootLoader starts FF7 in any of the 44 possible modes without the need to install anything else.

There may still be more modes at release time.  I'm investigating Kuugen's Crazies and the Moderate Difficulty mods now.
Does anyone have any ideas for creatively combining some of these mods to create a style of play?
I think the combination of Harder Items and Scene Redux my be interesting.  I've already included those options.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the new bugs I've introduced into Bootleg.  :|

I'd give you feedback on difficulty mods, however I didn't install the one that that was in the bootleg. I kept my game normal.  I wasn't 100% sure I'd like it. 
  After playing now for awhile. I swear up and down I remember this game being harder than it is.  Maybe that's just time. hehehe

Can't wait to get my hands on the new bootleg and give it a try. 
 Real quick, would I need to uninstall the whole game in order to use the new bootleg when it's done? 
  Also one more thing.  And please don't think I am rushing you or anything. Just wanted to ask if your next build, if you will include the dual core support for the exe. 
  I mean I do have the work around to fix it, just would be cool to no longer have to do that. 

woah....can't believe this game has been around 14 years.  I still remember the day it came out and I went off and bought it, and still to this day, I am loving it as as much as when I first threw the disc in and started playing it.  These mods are just the icing on the cake for me! *drools*

EDIT

Something I forgot to let you know. I think there's a bug with Barrett's battle models.
   I notice that even if I didn't click to add the new ones to the game, I still ended up with them in game.   
I went into the files and added the old ones back in, as I dislike the new models face.  So it's all good now. Just wanted to let you know about it though.

« Last Edit: 2011-10-19 05:37:56 by IHIavok96 »

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2011-10-20 01:33:27 »

Hmm, this news makes me want to wait for the new release as opposed to try the current one :P

Are you thinking more along a matter of days or a matter of weeks?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2011-10-20 01:36:06 »
This is more likely a matter of days, but it could be longer. We do not want to make any promises that we cannot keep :)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2011-10-20 02:33:24 »
I'll look into the Barret model issue.
I haven't experienced that bug.

Menu Overhaul M004a just arrived today.
Assimilated the new version is slower than expected due to issues with Aeris Revival and the Hardcore Mod.
These mods may receive updates to fix issues that toughscript exposed.

Toughscript is really shaking up the mod scene.
I foresee it having a drastic impact on the we create and distribute mods.

Adding mode switching is slow and tedious work.
It requires much testing.  Thank you, VGR.
Bootleg 'normal mode' is mostly complete.

Here are some of the new features:
    Added Vincent ReModel
    Added Cloud Battle Model Options: Classic and The Remix APZ
    Added Custom 10th Anniversary Photographic Avatars
    Added Green Limit
    Added New Kernels: Scene Redux, Lost Wing and Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult)
    Added Mode Switching via BootLoader (Change the Play Mode when Starting FF7 Without the Need to Install Anything)
    Added Splash Screen by VGR
    Updated About Screen with Graphics by Ugerstl
    Integrated Mods (No Longer Require a Separate Download): 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg, limit original by kela51.rar, limit's flash V4 by kela51.rar, blue limit V2 by kela51.rar, blue limit V3 by kela51.rar, ice by kela51.rar, Vehiles[WIP].rar and Green Limit Break.rar
    +Fixed Missing Music During Jenova Battle when Using Bootleg Soundtrack
    +Fixed Missing Magochocobo PNG Field Art Pack 3
    +Fixed Missing Rumbah Movies
    +Fixed Missing Grimmy Movies
    +Fixed Missing Revival Scene Data
    +Fixed Reporting Wrong File Names During Installation
    +Fixed Incorrect Defaults

This list will change upon release.

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2011-10-20 06:07:52 »
I'll look into the Barret model issue.
I haven't experienced that bug.

Menu Overhaul M004a just arrived today.
Assimilated the new version is slower than expected due to issues with Aeris Revival and the Hardcore Mod.
These mods may receive updates to fix issues that toughscript exposed.

Toughscript is really shaking up the mod scene.
I foresee it having a drastic impact on the we create and distribute mods.

Adding mode switching is slow and tedious work.
It requires much testing.  Thank you, VGR.
Bootleg 'normal mode' is mostly complete.

Here are some of the new features:
    Added Vincent ReModel
    Added Cloud Battle Model Options: Classic and The Remix APZ
    Added Custom 10th Anniversary Photographic Avatars
    Added Green Limit
    Added New Kernels: Scene Redux, Lost Wing and Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult)
    Added Mode Switching via BootLoader (Change the Play Mode when Starting FF7 Without the Need to Install Anything)
    Added Splash Screen by VGR
    Updated About Screen with Graphics by Ugerstl
    Integrated Mods (No Longer Require a Separate Download): 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg, limit original by kela51.rar, limit's flash V4 by kela51.rar, blue limit V2 by kela51.rar, blue limit V3 by kela51.rar, ice by kela51.rar, Vehiles[WIP].rar and Green Limit Break.rar
    +Fixed Missing Music During Jenova Battle when Using Bootleg Soundtrack
    +Fixed Missing Magochocobo PNG Field Art Pack 3
    +Fixed Missing Rumbah Movies
    +Fixed Missing Grimmy Movies
    +Fixed Missing Revival Scene Data
    +Fixed Reporting Wrong File Names During Installation
    +Fixed Incorrect Defaults

This list will change upon release.

Sounds like I'll be waiting for sure. Thanks for all your hard work PitBrat and anyone else assisting.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2011-10-20 10:20:28 »
PitBrat and anyone else assisting.

Bootleg became a joint project so PitBrat and I decided to join our knowledge to make it even better :)

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2011-10-20 14:32:14 »
Bootleg became a joint project so PitBrat and I decided to join our knowledge to make it even better :)

Awesome  :mrgreen:

Do you happen to have a list of the mods that will no longer require a separate download so those that haven't downloaded that large list yet can get a head start? Or will the amount included be small enough to warrant still downloading the whole list?

I'm sitting in a hotel for the next few days with rather poor internet, so any time I can save would be helpful. However, if you still think its worth grabbing the entire list I'll go ahead and queue them all up.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-20 14:38:02 by skifreak107 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2011-10-20 19:39:49 »
No, not all of the downloads will be needed, but you'll get the list when the release comes around, not before :D

Roody

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2011-10-21 17:28:58 »
So do i have to wait for the new bootleg before i can use M004d with it?  :oops:

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2011-10-21 17:52:15 »
You can install M004c over Bootleg.
Just change the mods path back to the bootleg folder ff7_opengl.cfg.
Otherwise, you won't have any of the new graphics.

Please be aware that the mods Aeris Revival and Hardcore Mod are not fully compatible with the new Menu Overhaul and ReTranslation.
We are working on a fix for this issue.

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2011-10-23 14:47:41 »
Hey guys, just another few (hopefully) quick questions as I'm reading through the readme.

How would you describe the default options as laid out? It appears to be a general upgrade of everything without altering the original flavor of the game. Would you say that the default options give the best of the new graphics/menu/avatar options while maintaining most of the original game's stats/story?

Also, I notice that the default options are to not install Menu Overhaul and the Team Avalanche High Res - is it safe to assume that is because there are newer and/or better options that do get installed as part of the default? (Off the top of my head I'm guessing M003 for the menu and not sure for the high res)

Lastly, is there a list of what the /k1 Remastered Kernel changes are?

Again, thanks so much guys. Just spent half a day downloading everything to give it a shot  :mrgreen:

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2011-10-23 21:06:04 »
For a complete graphical upgrade use the preset 'PitBrat,' I do!

I absolutely recommend installing Menu Overhaul and Team Avalanche.
The Remix has a version of Avalanche preinstalled, but it's incomplete.
Reinstalling Avalanche fixes the problems.

The version of Menu Overhaul (M003) supported by Bootleg 0035 is no longer available.
A new version of Bootleg will be available soon.  Support for M004d and many other mods is already implemented in the upcoming release.
I'm currently in the testing phase.
I located a few more mods today, including a new gun for Barret.
I think these mods are important enough to assimilate before releasing Bootleg.
Look for a Bootleg 0036 release sometime this week.

The Remastered kernel patch changes all sorts of things.  It is a partial retranslation, it changes weapon and item stats and it starts characters with more powerful armor and items, it alters enemy A.I. and configurations.  There are surely more undocumented changes.

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2011-10-23 21:30:38 »
For a complete graphical upgrade use the preset 'PitBrat,' I do!

I absolutely recommend installing Menu Overhaul and Team Avalanche.
The Remix has a version of Avalanche preinstalled, but it's incomplete.
Reinstalling Avalanche fixes the problems.

The version of Menu Overhaul (M003) supported by Bootleg 0035 is no longer available.
A new version of Bootleg will be available soon.  Support for M004d and many other mods is already implemented in the upcoming release.
I'm currently in the testing phase.
I located a few more mods today, including a new gun for Barret.
I think these mods are important enough to assimilate before releasing Bootleg.
Look for a Bootleg 0036 release sometime this week.

The Remastered kernel patch changes all sorts of things.  It is a partial retranslation, it changes weapon and item stats and it starts characters with more powerful armor and items, it alters enemy A.I. and configurations.  There are surely more undocumented changes.

<3 I still have the M003 installer from a few days ago, so I'll give it a shot.

PitBrat

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #369 on: 2011-10-26 02:32:17 »
I already posted this fix in the troubleshooting area, but it belongs here too.
There is a problem with the 0035 sound effects: the game crashes when entering the sleeping man cave.
When installing Bootleg 0035, DO NOT INSTALL NEW SOUNDFX!

In the meantime, you can fix this issue by restoring the original sound effects.
Copy these files from the original FF7 Install Disk:
    \data\sound\audio.dat
    \data\sound\audio.fmt
Paste and overwrite the files in the game folder:
    \data\sound\

The bad sound is #217, file 217-snoring.wav.
Again, this is fixed in 0036.  Expect a release soon.

Thanks go to Slade for identifying this crash.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-29 16:04:38 by PitBrat »

Jangus

« Reply #370 on: 2011-10-28 23:35:43 »
Hi, 

Firstly I'd just like to say this work you've been doing is amasing!!! Ive read through this entre post and followed every instruction, However i seem to of come across a problem. I ran the bootleg and everything installed ok, the game starts up fine but the problem is I can only see the top left side of the screen everything else is cut off. Ive tried changing the resolution in the .cfg file and a couple other options but nothing eems to work. Does anyone have ideas that might help me?

cheers

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2011-10-29 00:36:44 »
Are you playing fullscreen?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2011-10-29 00:49:39 »
Post a copy of your FF7_opengl.cfg and APP.LOG files.

See if the problem persists with these settings:
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 960
fullscreen = no

That's the default resolution and windowed mode.

Also, do you have any type of virus scanning software running?
Or are you using a program like zonealarm?
Sometimes a program can pop up a window and create problems when FF7 launches.
Are you using an English CD-Rom version of FF7?

Jangus

« Reply #373 on: 2011-10-29 13:41:33 »
Ok guys I tried that resolution you mentioned and it improved it alot. I did have to change it to 1280x720 as it was cutting off alot of the top of the screen at 1280x960. I was playing in fullscreen but now set to windowed which probably helped, it does however still cut a little bit off the top where the window bar is but i can live with that. Ive played the game up2 the 1st save point and i think everything has loaded except the music. I have the new sound effects but battle music etc is silent.
heres a copy of app and cfg logs. sorry for the long post i couldnt figure out how to put them in a seperate scroll box.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series          3.3.10907 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 1280x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library FF7anyCD.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.533333, frames: 218
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: yuv program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.533333, frames: 1793
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\mkup.avi; mpeg4/null 640x448, 14.999771 FPS, duration: 9.000045, frames: 135
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 303
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 306
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 308
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 312
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 323
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 720
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = no

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = bootleg

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = no

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = no

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = on

# Load from Any CD
load_library = FF7anyCD.dll

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2011-10-29 16:09:56 »
Don't use the new soundfx in Bootleg 0035.
There is a crash later in the game related to one of the new sounds.
0035 SoundFX Crash in the Sleeping Man's Cave.

The new music should work if Covarr's Music Installer completed successfully.
Make sure that you set the FF7music installation destination to the FF7Music folder inside the FF7 Game folder.
If the FF7Music folder is located elsewhere-- like the root of C:-- then you'll have to switch to one of the default soundtracks.