Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1848958 times)

shadowfox

• Hold My Beer
    • View Profile
    • Shadowfox Productions
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #400 on: 2011-11-11 03:35:09 »
After playing through 6 times. ( So much fun ) My buddy and I have come to the conclusion it's not "perfect" but the -normal- user using this for the first time will be fine.

/tiphat /salute awesome work and I'm glad I got to be part of the testing feedback for the compilation making of it :)

Drakinji

« Reply #401 on: 2011-11-11 23:02:57 »
K so downloading everything, quick questions, do I have to download the mods included in bootleg or no?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2011-11-11 23:33:46 »
Determine the mods you need to download by running BFE, configuring your desired setting and selecting FILE, MOD LIST.
The mods you need to download are listed in red.

If things go smoothly, I should have Bootleg 0036RC1 up in a couple of hours.
It has many of the mods already assimilated in the Bootleg archive.
I've made a whole slew of improvements.
The new soundfx no longer crash the game.

New in Bootleg 0036:
    Added Vincent Model Option: Vincent Re-Model Project Full Release.rar
    Added Cloud Battle Model Options: Classic and The Remix APZ
    Added Assault Team Avalanche Camo Fatigues and New Barret AC Gun Models by Jinkazama2k7: Assault-Avalanche Team.rar
    Added Barret Model Options: jinkazama2k7's Final AC Barret.rar and Original Barret.rar
    Added Limit Break Option: Green Limit by Jinkazama2k7
    Added Custom 10th Anniversary Photographic Avatars
    Added New Kernels: Scene Redux, Lost Wing and Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult)
    Added Mode Switching via BootLoader (Change the Play Mode when Starting FF7 Without the Need to Install Anything)
    Added FMV's without Cait Sith
    Added FMV's with ReTranslation
    Added Prelude Credits Options: Grimmy's Cloud & Sephiroth and Grimmy's Cloud & Tifa (New_Prelude.zip)
    Added Omni Cloud Field Model: Omni Cloud Update1.rar by exsoldier
    Added Avatars Option: Demi Face, Demi Face V2, Demi Face V3
    Added Spelling fix for JordieBo's Prelude Credits (Sakaguchi)
    Added Menu Background Options by Milo Leonhart
    Updated Menu Overhaul to M004d
    Updated Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod to 1.05
    +Fixed Crash at Sleeping Man's Cave due to Broken Snoring Sound in New SoundFX
    +Fixed Missing Music During Jenova Battle when Using Bootleg Soundtrack
    +Fixed Missing Magochocobo PNG Field Art Pack 3
    +Fixed Missing Rumbah Movies
    +Fixed Missing Grimmy Movies
    +Fixed Missing Revival Scene Data
    +Fixed Reporting Wrong File Names During Installation
    +Fixed Incorrect Defaults
    +Fixed Incorrect Phoenix Model
    -Removed cr.rar (Now Included with Menu Overhaul)
    Integrated Mods (No Longer Require a Separate Download): NetHead's 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg, limit original by kela51.rar, limit's flash V4 by kela51.rar, blue limit V2 by kela51.rar, blue limit V3 by kela51.rar, ice by kela51.rar, Costa07's Vehiles[WIP].rar and Jinkazamam2k7's Green Limit Break.rar, AerisWeaponModv0.5-slayersnext.rar, aerith 5yrsold Release new version.rar, aerith 10 yrs old.rar, Assault-Avalanche Team.rar, avatar.7z, Barret Navy Model PRP.rar, BLDE RELEASE.rar, BMEE Release.rar, BOHE release.rar, bpdc release.rar, bunny girls.rar, Cloud_Pelo_Largo.rar, Cloud_Pelo_Pincho.rar, compilation_v1.0_17-08-2011-strayoff.zip, condor_models_v1.00_18-08-2011-strayoff.zip, condor_rmk_v1.02_18-08-2011-strayoff.zip, Custom HQ FF7 PC Barret battle-field model.rar, custom_avatar_photography.rar, DarkFang's avatars.rar, Demi-Face Avatar.zip, DF-Avatar V2.zip, DF-Avatar V3.zip, Difficult Items - 30%.rar, Difficult Items -40%.rar, Difficulty Items - Easy.rar, fcondor_rmk_v1.0_05-08-2011-strayoff.rar, FF7 HQ Aerith mod.rar, FFVII-Background.zip, Final AC Barret.rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar, Lost Wing.rar, Nikfrozty Transparent Avatars.rar, Original Barret.rar, potion.rar, sailor jupiter.rar, sailor mars.rar, Tifa_Coleta.rar, Tifa_Pelo_Corto.rar, Vehiles[WIP].rar, Vincent Re-Model Project Full Release.rar, WeaponModv1.0-slayersnextr.rar, Yuffie_Pelo_Largo.rar, Omni Cloud Update1.rar

EDIT:
I submitted Bootleg0036RC1 for testing this morning.
The new configurator will be available soon.
Thanks for all the support!
Your comments are invaluable.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-12 13:02:31 by PitBrat »

Cooter

« Reply #403 on: 2011-11-12 15:19:03 »
Quick question...  If you want to change the mods installed, would you have to uninstall/reinstall FF7 or just run the BFE again?  I just want to say that this is a lot easier than I thought once I finally got all the files downloaded.  I love the fact that you can choose what mod, out of many, that you want.  Great work putting this together! 

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2011-11-12 18:18:49 »
If you've installed any difficulty mods like Hardcore or Aeris Revival or Remastered, then no, You can't reinstall Bootleg without starting from a vanilla FF7.
If you're just changing models and you DID NOT install any difficulty mod, then it should be fine to reinstall Bootleg on an already Bootlegged FF7.

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2011-11-13 14:59:56 »
I'm still working on the new version of Bootleg.
There are quite a few new mods included.
I'm testing and debugging.  It's slow going.
I have to install FF7 many many times.
Now I have to decide when to include the mod and when to make it a separate download.
The total Bootleg download is now at 85MB.
I'm not sure if I should release this bloated file, or wait even longer while I sort the mods into Bootleg packs for separate download.
I might release a preview version of 0036 just to get a fresh perspective.
I know I've fixed quite a few bugs, but I've surely introduced some new ones.

What is the maximum acceptable size of Bootleg?  Is 200MG too big?  When I do break Bootleg into separate mod packs, to what size should I limit the individual downloads?
How should I break the mods down?  Now I'm leaning toward basing the mod packs on required mods and the presets.

I've spent too much time simply changing my mind and changing the same code over and over again.

Considering we're already downloading ~14 GB of mods separately, I see no issue with any size.

Cooter

« Reply #406 on: 2011-11-14 05:31:31 »
If you've installed any difficulty mods like Hardcore or Aeris Revival or Remastered, then no, You can't reinstall Bootleg without starting from a vanilla FF7.
If you're just changing models and you DID NOT install any difficulty mod, then it should be fine to reinstall Bootleg on an already Bootlegged FF7.

Thank you.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2011-11-14 05:58:51 »
DOWNLOAD Bootleg 0036

A new version of Bootleg is now available for download.
The most significant change is the inclusion of mods.
Though the Bootleg archive is much larger-- over 100MB-- the number of downloads is significantly smaller.
I highly recommend trying the Mode Switching option in the Game Modes list!
Mode Switching installs a variety of difficulty and kernel mods.
Use the included BootLoader to select the difficulty mode and configure play options when starting Final Fantasy VII.
I hope to hear your feedback!

Version Info:
    Added Vincent Model Option: Vincent Re-Model Project Full Release.rar
    Added Cloud Battle Model Options: Classic and The Remix APZ
    Added Assault Team Avalanche Camo Fatigues and New Barret AC Gun Models by Jinkazama2k7: Assault-Avalanche Team.rar
    Added Barret Model Options: jinkazama2k7's Final AC Barret.rar and Original Barret.rar
    Added Limit Break Option: Green Limit by Jinkazama2k7
    Added Custom 10th Anniversary Photographic Avatars
    Added New Kernels: Scene Redux, Lost Wing and Harder Items (Easy, Normal and Difficult)
    Added Mode Switching via BootLoader (Change the Play Mode when Starting FF7 Without the Need to Install Anything)
    Added FMV's without Cait Sith
    Added FMV's with ReTranslation
    Added Prelude Credits Options: Grimmy's Cloud & Sephiroth and Grimmy's Cloud & Tifa (New_Prelude.zip)
    Added Omni Cloud Field Model: Omni Cloud Update1.rar by exsoldier
    Added Avatars Option: Demi Face, Demi Face V2, Demi Face V3
    Added Spelling fix for JordieBo's Prelude Credits (Sakaguchi)
    Added Menu Background Options by Milo Leonhart
    Updated Menu Overhaul to M004d
    Updated Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod to 1.05
    +Fixed Crash at Sleeping Man's Cave due to Broken Snoring Sound in New SoundFX
    +Fixed Missing Music During Jenova Battle when Using Bootleg Soundtrack
    +Fixed Missing Magochocobo PNG Field Art Pack 3
    +Fixed Missing Rumbah Movies
    +Fixed Missing Grimmy Movies
    +Fixed Missing Revival Scene Data
    +Fixed Reporting Wrong File Names During Installation
    +Fixed Incorrect Defaults
    +Fixed Incorrect Phoenix Model
    -Removed cr.rar (Now Included with Menu Overhaul)
    Integrated Mods (No Longer Require a Separate Download): NetHead's 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg, limit original by kela51.rar, limit's flash V4 by kela51.rar, blue limit V2 by kela51.rar, blue limit V3 by kela51.rar, ice by kela51.rar, Costa07's Vehiles[WIP].rar and Jinkazamam2k7's Green Limit Break.rar, AerisWeaponModv0.5-slayersnext.rar, aerith 5yrsold Release new version.rar, aerith 10 yrs old.rar, Assault-Avalanche Team.rar, avatar.7z, Barret Navy Model PRP.rar, BLDE RELEASE.rar, BMEE Release.rar, BOHE release.rar, bpdc release.rar, bunny girls.rar, Cloud_Pelo_Largo.rar, Cloud_Pelo_Pincho.rar, compilation_v1.0_17-08-2011-strayoff.zip, condor_models_v1.00_18-08-2011-strayoff.zip, condor_rmk_v1.02_18-08-2011-strayoff.zip, Custom HQ FF7 PC Barret battle-field model.rar, custom_avatar_photography.rar, DarkFang's avatars.rar, Demi-Face Avatar.zip, DF-Avatar V2.zip, DF-Avatar V3.zip, Difficult Items - 30%.rar, Difficult Items -40%.rar, Difficulty Items - Easy.rar, fcondor_rmk_v1.0_05-08-2011-strayoff.rar, FF7 HQ Aerith mod.rar, FFVII-Background.zip, Final AC Barret.rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar, Lost Wing.rar, Nikfrozty Transparent Avatars.rar, Original Barret.rar, potion.rar, sailor jupiter.rar, sailor mars.rar, Tifa_Coleta.rar, Tifa_Pelo_Corto.rar, Vehiles[WIP].rar, Vincent Re-Model Project Full Release.rar, WeaponModv1.0-slayersnextr.rar, Yuffie_Pelo_Largo.rar, Omni Cloud Update1.rar, ff7102zx.zip, FF7anyCD DLL version.zip

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2011-11-14 10:09:17 »
Now, if you have any problem, don't post immediately in the forums, but run BFE.exe and go into Help > Brat Chat. Click OK and you will be brought to the IRC channel where PitBrat and I are often on. There you can ask questions and we'll gladly answer, without having to post in the forums.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2011-11-15 12:43:12 »
I've not encountered any significant issues with this build of Bootleg.  Hopefully I'vd eliminated all of the crashes and major bugs.  Please let us know immediately if you encounter any game stopping bugs.  Vgr and I will answer questions here and in the official IRC channel #Vgr on espernet. 

There are still a few features I would like to add: preset customization, individual mod installation, complete integration of the ReTranslation, complete integration of Revival and Hardcore with special features, looped OCRemix soundtrack, chibi field models, additional difficulty mods.  I eventually want to eliminate the need for The Remix.
I hope to receive feedback on what I need to add, fix or remove!  Sometimes I forget so feel free to repeat.  Maybe I did something right this time.  Vgr is now part of the Bootleg team and his assistance is invaluable.
Your encouragement keeps the project running.
Visit us on IRC with the convenient chat link in the BFE help menu.
Thanks!

skifreak107

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2011-11-15 16:26:51 »
Testing out 0036 now, thanks everyone.

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2011-11-17 03:27:43 »
Just got the new Bootleg. Giving it a try. 

Edit:  After looking at it, I would say I think it's just a little bug with the Barret model.   At first I thought there was no option to keep him as is in game, then after looking at it closer, I saw it was listed as original style Barret, but the picture of him as that option was off. Like a different colour version of the AC one. 
  It's not a problem mind you, for me at least. Just wanted to point that out.
And in fact it's just something for me to be fussy about. LOL   

Over all however?  This version of Bootleg looks way better in options that 35 ever could have. 

I like the idea you posted about "individual mod installation"  That could be interesting for Bootleg to be able to install all, or just one or two, based off what people wanted.  If I read that right, that is.  hehehe

With this all said. Keep up the great work guys.   I'll tell you this right now. I saw how FF7 on the pc as all of these different mods, then after reading how to install this, install that, hope something didn't clash with something else...  If I had not come across Bootleg, I would not have even tried to get ff7 to work on the pc. I already own it twice for the psp and ps3/ps1
  I guess thanks to you guys, I own it 3 times now.  hehehe   
So in short, a BIG THANKS goes to the Bootleg team. :)

« Last Edit: 2011-11-17 03:52:22 by IHIavok96 »

Alzatar

• ''RAWR'' ... <-- f*ck off ¬_¬
    • View Profile
    • Anime Reviews - Welcome to Lively Anime!
Bootleg advice? - Deglitching field textures . . .
« Reply #412 on: 2011-11-17 07:10:54 »
Hello!

I guess you could say i'm new to this forum, however I have been browsing for some time as a guest.

That aside. My issue is that bootleg is not behaving itself. I followed PitBrat's guide, explicitly, yet the installer is freezing up when it reaches ''Deglitching field textures . . .'' (screen shot below)

I downloaded all the files that the PitBrat advised, however, did leave some of the mods out that I was not interested in (like a third option for clouds swords etc.) Yet all the compulsory mods are there. I do not have any FF7 related programs or windows open during installation. Here is a picture of all the mods I downloaded upon PitBrat's recommendation;

I originally thought that this could be just a simple matter of 'wait and see' as there has been no error and the cmd window has kept itself open. If it were stuck in a loop then cmd windows have visual ways for a user to recognise this and it doesn't seem to be the case. However, I have been waiting on it for approximately 13 hours or so now with no advance in installation of the mods.

Has anyone else encountered this error whilst using it? If so, how would one go about solving the problem?

Many thanks to all that take the time to read this.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention I am running on Windows 7 - 64bit
« Last Edit: 2011-11-17 07:16:36 by Alzatar »

Alzatar

• View Profile
small problem with bootleg installer
« Reply #413 on: 2011-11-17 10:12:27 »
Hey guys i'm having a problem with the installer getting stuck. I created a topic for it here -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12563.0

It would be hugely appreciated if someone could take a little look for me. Many thanks.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2011-11-17 11:56:22 »
Please keep all the Bootleg-related stuff in the same thread. PitBrat and I will look often here so it'll be better.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2011-11-17 13:20:42 »
Alzatar,
What is the FF7 destination folder?
Occasionally paths with spaces, parentheses and non US characters can cause problems with Bootleg.
In BFE, if you untick 'Remove Glitched' in the field textures box does Bootleg finish?

I have identified an issue that can halt Bootleg when the destination path contains special characters like "é è á à."
I'm working on a fix for the next version of Bootleg.
Meanwhile, if Bootleg hangs at DeGlitching, just untick 'Remove Glitched' in BFE.

« Last Edit: 2011-11-17 14:36:06 by PitBrat »

Alzatar

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2011-11-17 14:30:46 »
Please keep all the Bootleg-related stuff in the same thread. PitBrat and I will look often here so it'll be better.

Sure thing, thanks for moving.

Alzatar,
What is the FF7 destination folder?
Occasionally paths with spaces, parentheses and non US characters can cause problems with Bootleg.
In BFE, if you untick 'Remove Glitched' in the field textures box does Bootleg finish?

EDIT: The installer ran through completely. Thanks very much PitBrat. However just windowed out of game to write this and it crashed lol. Arrrr gotta love the challenge. Thanks once again.

The FF7 destination folder is - 'C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII          <- so do you think that I should close up the spaces?

As for unticking 'Remove Glitched' i'm running it now and will let you know the result in a post edit, thanks very much for the reply.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-17 14:58:13 by Alzatar »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2011-11-17 16:13:09 »
As an example, my path is D:\Bootleg\FF7_Bootleg\ so there is no issue.

Alzatar

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2011-11-17 16:25:53 »
Ahh that's nice and simple.

The extraction worked however there are a few bugs I have to work out (such as pressing anything crashes the game, no option to start new game, windowing out crashes game) but i'm sure I will get there. Thanks for the suggestion PitBrat. Big help.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2011-11-17 21:29:06 »
Make sure that you're using the official 3-CDRom US version of Final Fantasy VII.
When Bootleg finishes, the Bootleg_ReadMe.txt should open.
If the ReadMe doesn't open, then Bootleg did not complete successfully.
PM me a copy of your Bootleg.log file.  I'll investigate this further.

Alzatar

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2011-11-18 06:53:43 »
Make sure that you're using the official 3-CDRom US version of Final Fantasy VII.
When Bootleg finishes, the Bootleg_ReadMe.txt should open.
If the ReadMe doesn't open, then Bootleg did not complete successfully.
PM me a copy of your Bootleg.log file.  I'll investigate this further.

Thanks very much. The Readme comes up every time i've tried the installer, so it is completely finishing. I've just tried running it and not changing any of the default settings. I'm also trying it in a windowed mode, of the game, with the default resolution specified in the opengl file rather than my monitors 1680x1050. As I literally only just thought of that a little while ago :s lol. . . but yeh I will pm you a copy of the Bootleg.log file and my crash dump? maybe? If it doesn't work this time.

EDIT: Okay well it ran through the installer and i received the bootleg readme window but it didn't work. It was marginally more successful, in that, by changing the resolution way down from 1680x1050 to about two thirds of that and making it run in a window it was about a quarter as laggy as it was full screen and full res. windowing out to write this message has made it crash again, but one thing I have realised is that my choices I am making on BFE are having no effect. For example I am choosing 'Grimmy Sephiroth' for the Prelude Credits and it is taking me to a 'No Change' screen and not even reaching the menu background. even on this screen the animations of the names sliding in and out of the screen are badly laggy. And should I press anything on my num pad that corresponds to game controls it will crash. Anyway I will pm you PitBrat now and if you want my crash dmp then I will send that also.

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-18 07:10:59 by Alzatar »

Slade

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2011-11-18 09:13:49 »
Out of curiosity, I would like to mention that every time I have run bootleg on a fresh install, it has put FF7Music stuff in two different folders of the main folder- one called "FF7Music" and one called "ficedula", with (apparently) two separate exes for FF7Music. All the custom music is in the FF7Music folder, and trying to run FF7 with the provided shortcuts in this state results in no music. When I cut everything out of the FF7Music folder and put it in the ficedula folder, it works properly.

Is this a problem unique to my system? If not, is it a bug or a feature?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2011-11-18 15:05:08 »
Bootleg uses my ff7music installer, no? It's quite possibly my fault. I will look into it when I get the chance.

Alzatar

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2011-11-18 20:07:54 »
PitBrat did you get my PM? There are no messages in my 'sent items' even though it was confirmed that I sent it too you :/ odd.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2011-11-18 20:10:39 »
You can also send me this PM, I will try to answer it the best I can, since PitBrat and I are on this project together.

Also you can start BFE then go unto Help > Brat Chat and it will redirect you to the official IRC channel.