Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1846276 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #575 on: 2011-12-29 17:35:30 »
The answer to both questions is yes. However, that is not for now, as there are still a lot to do before.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2011-12-29 22:14:17 »
1 small idea on the thought of uninstalling and reinstalling, why not make bootleg not modify any of the games original files, i know this sounds stupid but think about it, the person installs the original game, then instead of overwriting those original files they keep them, and instead what we do is make a copy of the original files and rename them from flevel to xlevel (this is just a example) and then we make a copy of FF7.exe and hex edit the copy to for example look for xlevel instead of flevel, then everytime someone wants to play the modded game they just click on the modded EXE (or a loader or menu of some kind to make mod switching even easier) and they can keep their original game intact, and if they ever want to install other mods their original game files are still there and can be copied for a new mod easily. (the only big problem i can see with this idea is that it may take up more space but it does allow users to have more then 1 mod installed)
anyway this may be a stupid idea, i am really tired right now but it sounded good in my head, and if you don't like the idea feel free to ignore it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2011-12-29 23:56:38 »
No need to read all your post, only by the beginning I understand your whole point and I think it's an excellent idea!

This could be done without too much rewriting, by just not copying a file from the setup folder. The process could possibly be totally removed for that file, but it would mean A LOT of rewriting and a lot of more checks. The final Bootleg (wait, what am I saying? There will no final version, there will always be something new to add) would have all the possible choices for this.

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2011-12-30 01:59:05 »
not sure if anyone gives a rats ass but here is how i got the HQ movies to work w/ mods: (thanks to Brat)

1. Install ff7102zx
2. Install ff7_opengl-0.7.8b and adjust .cfg file (older driver?)
3. Install FMVRes (w/ all .bin files)
4. Download all 1280smooth .rar files
5. Extract all files to a random folder
6. Copy and paste (overwrite) those files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies
7. Run ff7moviedirr2
8. Install M004d
9. Install ff7music_install_15112
10. Run FF7Music and click run FF7.exe

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2011-12-31 01:05:17 »
wow bootleg really rocks. so much easier to get everything installed now and really nice to actually be able to use the remix fixes. This was done a while ago but i didnt see it in action til now and i just wanna say kudos PB and vgr and whoever else worked on it, kranmer probably.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2011-12-31 15:20:14 »
No kranmer did not directly work on it, but he helped us through some prog parts.

GutiarFreak14

« Reply #581 on: 2011-12-31 19:01:39 »
Made an account specifically to say thank you! This is great:)

I do have one problem... Ive looked around and i can't find anyone who has this problem. All the videos have this...bad quality to them. Flickering, stuff like that. Even when i play the high quality movies stright from the FF7 folder they turn out bad. Im not sure what to try. I have an i7 2600k with an ati radeon 6970. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mod edit: Double posting is not generally allowed. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2012-01-01 02:32:37 by Covarr »

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2012-01-01 18:06:49 »
I'm trying to troubleshoot this (made a separate topic in Troubleshooting, if you feel this is a classic hi-jacking - it'll be recent, but a search on my alias should also work)... Does anyone have any ideas? It seems there is a problem with the sound, or whatever comes next. I get a crash, plain and simple - no warning in APP.log, no prompt, just the Windows native Close the program/Search for solutions online...
The troubles I had before (Remix) had something to do with the FMVs. I wasn't able to troubleshoot it further than getting a hint that something wasn't right with the h264/AAC-combo - which I'm pretty sure is not system-wide - but at least I got in-game.

I don't know how much information you need for this, but here goes:
Win7 64
4 Gb RAM
ASUS Xonar D2/PM (no DSP-mode active)
Powercolor HD 6850 1 Gb
Install dir: C:\Final Fantasy VII
Compatibility: WinXP SP3 (seems to happen as well in XP SP2 and no compatibility - Win98 won't even reach the crash with the more recent compatibility modes)

Nnnnnever mind me, the problem went away - some more cutscene packs apparently did the trick.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-03 04:02:34 by Silent Warrior »

Roamin

« Reply #583 on: 2012-01-02 16:02:46 »
First of all, many many thanks to PB and everyone else involved in this. I stumbled upon the bootleg just a few days ago, and i am LOVING it. 

I just wanted to report a few bugs, first with the configurator:

Simple details,  In the mod list, the Any CD Loader isn'T listed  (is it included in the configurator by itself? Possibly, i still downloaded the zip and added it to the folder.)
Second, using version 0036, Modlist is looking for ff7music_install_15112 , but the provided link is for ver 15111, so i tracked that down as well.

Next are some simple game bugs, might be easy to fix, running on normal mode:

In aeris' home, one of the 2 door in the bedroom doesnt switch graphics when opening , so we see both the door open and closed at the same time (In cloud's room).
When Barret gets angry after sector 7 has collapsed, he goes to what used to be the door, and hits on it, but we hear tifa's sound effects , making Barret sound like a girl.
Inside Don Corneo bedroom, the textures seem to overlap or something.  It might be effects of the spotlights, but it doesnt look right. Here is a screenshot of the room:

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2012-01-02 19:32:39 »
1. Yes, the AnyCD is included.
2. This issue has been mentionned before, and will be taken care of.
3. Issue has also been mentionned before, and is not related to Bootleg, though we will try to fix that.
4. Known issue, already fixed for next release.
5. Refer to number 3.

Roamin

« Reply #585 on: 2012-01-02 23:28:13 »
All right!

I have been compiling other minor graphical bugs here and there , is there an official thread for bugs?  Or must i read all 24 pages to see which bugs have been mentionned.

For now i will post them here, please just ignore if bugs are already known.  I will check back here and post next time in the appropriate thread.

When cloud has flashbacks about nibelheim, the wrong avatar is displayed. I am playing with "Full Portrait" avatars, but during that entire scene, cloud has the original avatar, while sephiroth uses the full avatar one.  This returns to normal when the flashback ends, and you continue in Kalm.

There are some minor graphical bugs in the fires of some houses when nibelheim is destroyed.  While half the fires burn with a smooth animation, others have square blocks on them.  I have screenshot of this if needed.

I'm under the impression that the hand cursor that determines your position on screen used to scale along with the model? Or is my memory playing tricks.  Maybe its just that the hand cursor is too big? Sometimes, when cloud's model is very small on screen , the hand cursor completely covers him.  ( Just a detail )

I'm wondering if the "Mansion Basement" , The library where Sephiroth walks around and reads books to learns the truth about himself, if the textures haven't been "upscaled" ? While so far every background looked smooth, this one seemed like it might have been forgotten. It was a big contrast to other sreens, hence why i'm wondering.  I also have a screenshot if needed.

For the record, im playing on win7 64-bit, with ATI 5670, on normal mode with a FULL preset install.

I also posted almost every mod in a single torrent (FULL preset + a few others) on a private gaming tracker i use, and so far 158 people are downloading it, in about 45 minutes i will have finished seeding and pretty much everyone of them will complete the download at the same time.  I did point that all credit and source was this thread / forum and that i just wanted to spread the news (and facilitate the download even more than the great GUI does).  So fingers crossed a whole bunch more of people that like me, were unaware of this project until last week, will be flooding this thread with thanks and input.

Keep up the great work!

« Last Edit: 2012-01-02 23:33:04 by Roamin »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2012-01-03 02:27:26 »
Thanks for the bugs/glitches reporting.

Also, concerning the torrent, I am highly uncomfortable. The authors did not give all their acknowledgement for this, and we were already planning to do so. Also, Bootleg is outdated because mods keep popping out.

Roamin

« Reply #587 on: 2012-01-03 14:32:37 »
Ok, the torrent has been taken down.  But the word has spread out. :D

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2012-01-03 14:40:46 »
We will torrent the whole thing once we get enough approbation we will torrent the whole thing. This also requires APZ to release his new Cloud.

Roamin

« Reply #589 on: 2012-01-03 14:54:40 »
No problem.

Since you are online right now, can you tell me where i should post all the bugs / glitches i stumble upon ?  I have a bunch more graphical glitches to point out.  I thought i read in a thread that Squallff8 had completely rebuild all in game models http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.msg174621#msg174621  but i have found a few models that still show the blocky original models.   I will post in both the facepalmer thread and the Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project thread since they are more related there.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2012-01-04 00:42:39 »
Most of the issues mentioned are already fixed for the next release of Bootleg.
Many of the anomalies with the field graphics are due to FacePalmer.
Use the 'Removed Glitched' option to revert these glitched field textures to the originals.
Though low res, they still look better than the glitched textures.
The Remix is the only source for the APZ Cloud model.
It also contains the OCRemix tracks and the fixed PRP models, but these will eventually make their way into the Bootleg archive.

Squallff8's models are already included in the upcoming Bootleg release.
There are nearly 50 new field models when using the Bootlegged field models option.
There's also an option to use all of Squallff8's nearly 100 field models instead of the PRP models.
There is still a minimal number of original blocky models left in the game, but they are few.

I just recovered enough from the holiday to start unpacking.
I'll consult with my team about releasing a new Bootleg sometime this week.
I've neglected my projects for nearly a month now.  I have much relearning to do!
I was waiting for an updated OpenGL driver and Menu Overhaul, but there are already enough updates to make a new Bootleg worthwhile.

Thank you all for your continued interest in this project!

stormstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2012-01-04 15:12:37 »
Thank you guys so much, FVII has been my favorite game for a long time. I used the remix patch last year to play through the game again and not seeing a blockhand Clould alone made me want to hump titeguys leg. You guys have stepped it up to the next level with this compilation of everyones mods and models.

Im having a problem though When im installing, in the cmd prompt window after updating the sephiroth model, while installing the feild art as png i get a "Windows cannot find "FORFILES" error. Ive tried once to just skip it but when it gets to deglitching it just sits there. I was thinking I might have a corrupt file but Im not sure which mod this file is from. Ive tried to look through the mod list and google it but no luck.

|
EDIT: V  That worked to finish the install, thanks. I do still get that error though, but so far so good.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-05 00:08:57 by stormstrife »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2012-01-04 15:14:16 »
Untick Remove Glitched from BFE and wait for the next release.

Sid

« Reply #593 on: 2012-01-05 04:37:55 »
This looks amazing!!  I love ff7 but I am not the best at using a computer, so I only use a few mods.  This look like it can help me a ton!!

one question though:

If I have a few other mods already installed (ailis custom driver,  Gjoerulvs hc mod,  ff7 music installer, and the official patch)  will this work or do I have to start from scratch?

Im going to give it a go for now anyways!

PS:  Thanks to everyone who ever contributed to keeping this game alive! it holds a big space in my heart and Im absolutely blown away at the talent and work you guys put into it!!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2012-01-05 18:12:36 »
You have to start from a FRESH install.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2012-01-06 21:22:45 »
what about patch 1.02? Also, could someone tell me which character mod makes cloud look better?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-08 21:07:53 by DarkCloud13 »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2012-01-06 21:39:11 »
what about patch 1.02? Also, could someone tell me which character mod makes cloud look like the one in advent children?

the patch is included in bootleg. And the advent children models aren't supplied around here because of copyright issues.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2012-01-06 21:40:52 »
/
« Last Edit: 2012-01-11 03:34:27 by DarkCloud13 »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2012-01-06 23:46:44 »
Ahh well I wouldn't refer to it as the av cloud then.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2012-01-07 15:58:03 »
Ok, then are there any mods on the Big List of Mods that make the characters look better?