Author Topic: FFVII Goes black.  (Read 2855 times)

phukk

FFVII Goes black.
« on: 2007-07-26 22:33:00 »
Hi.

I recently told myself to replay FFVII since its one of the best game ever made.
I already had a downloaded PC version that I have played before on my Windows XP.
This time tho, I install the game as usual and apply the 1.02 patch. When I start it and the eidos-video are supposed to run the screen is black. I can hear the sound from the video.
Nothing happends after the video. I've been looking around for a solution but can't find one. I tried to copy all movies to my hard drive and change the path in regedit, didn't work.
If I delete the eidos.avi I get to the New Game/Continue menu but if I choose new game it goes black again, I can still hear the sound tho.

I've ofcourse installed the Movie Player from the install disk.

As said, I got it to run like a year ago (on same hardware and XP) but I've formatted a few times I guess since I like to clean my computer once in a while.
Anyone know how I can solve this problem? I know I can always download a psx version with emulator but rather not and since it worked before there must be a better solution.
Thanks.

Synergy Blades

Re: FFVII Goes black.
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-26 23:18:44 »
I already had a downloaded PC version

If it's still a downloaded version you're using, we can't help you, as this is board policy.

phukk

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-27 08:43:16 »
Oh I forgot to tell you I bought it now. So it's the retail version I'm having problems with.

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-27 09:51:29 »
I already had a downloaded PC version that I have played before on my Windows XP

I know I can always download a psx version with emulator

phukk

« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-27 16:55:21 »
nvm i uninstalled ffdshow and now it works. thanks tho.

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-12-31 17:05:17 »
Since you know Final Fantasy are the best games ever made(part VIIs the best btw) they should be worth buying them and not illegally download them :-(