Author Topic: Limit breaks...  (Read 3365 times)

Sapphire

• View Profile
Limit breaks...
« on: 2016-12-18 10:06:09 »
I've  come up with an idea and have no idea how to actually go about making it.

Currently, Tifa is the only one that is capable of utilising all 7 of her limit breaks. What I want is to be able to make all limit breaks available as they become unlocked so I can choose based on what limit break I should use based on battle requirements, not what limit level i'm currently on.

What do you guys reckon? Possible? I sure as hell hope.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Limit breaks...
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-18 14:12:50 »
I did ask about a similar idea a long time ago. My idea is to merge defend and change row into one window, while defend is the first command to use, because in theory it should be the most used one. The old window for changing the position is now free for the limits. This way I'm not forced to use them when the limit gauge is full. It also would be great if the limits would use a certain amount of points (LP - Limit Points). That would give a new opportunity to balance the character. While one character has powerful stats another is weaker but can spam his/her limits pretty often. Also, the tactical use of them would be bigger. ATM most of them are only nice looking gap filler for the last limit.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-18 14:21:42 »
That sounds like a great idea. In my experience I don't think it could be done

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-18 14:39:16 »
The window change should be possible (since it is mostly a cosmetical change). Using a certain amount of limit points is probably a real tough part to code in and while working on the battle interface I would also add a new 'Tech' command, where all new commands are stored (except the 2x materia) to reduce the bloat of the commands of the command materia.

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-12-18 19:51:27 »
Last night I was trying to find another way around it by using Limit Breaks as Magic instead. I can get up to Aerith' Limit Level 3-2 which is relative index (13+ECh=FF) before I get to Great Gospel which is (14+ECh=100) which is invalid. This happens for every limit break after Great Gospel.

Does anyone know a different way to work that out? Confusing to say the least unfortunately. I am just a 3D Modeler unfortunately :(.