Author Topic: [PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry (v1.5)  (Read 251258 times)

Just2good

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tonberry v1.3 - External Texture Support for FF8
« Reply #100 on: 2014-07-04 00:32:00 »
Sorry its taking so much effort for you--have you tried a complete reinstall (backing up saves of course)? Also, can you post some specs on your machine, operating system, video card model, maybe a couple screenshots of your install and tonberry folders and dll's. Hopefully we can help you.

I did a complete reinstall yesterday with V1.3 but that didn't work unfortunately, I could try it again though I just reinstalled in RaW.

Specs:
General: http://puu.sh/9VMZ9.png
Graphics: http://puu.sh/9VN0l.png

I'm pretty sure my specs are fine if I can run FF8 + Wildstar.

FF8 Folder:
http://puu.sh/9VNbQ.png
http://puu.sh/9VNdo.png

Tonberry Folder: (Hash is up to date) (Textures folder is completely empty, no mods inside yet. Though I also tried putting in a few but still same problem.)
http://puu.sh/9VNe4.png

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2014-07-04 01:55:49 »
Everything looks correct. The only possible problem I can see is your install directory. I always move my games out of the steam folder by preference because I'm so used to the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GameName' convention, so try dragging and dropping your game to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy VIII' and see if that changes anything. If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable, which you can find on the net.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014-07-04 02:15:45 »
Search for Secunia PSI, it checks if there is an update for any of your programs.
Installing games in 'C:\Program Files (x86)' or in 'C:\Program Files' files is actually never a good idea because everything in it has ia special writing protection.
Maybe you should start the game with administrator rights.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2014-07-04 02:23:16 »
Installing games in 'C:\Program Files (x86)' or in 'C:\Program Files' files is actually never a good idea because everything in it has ia special writing protection.
I'm just recommending he try that because there may be some dependency in my dll's that expect C drive that I'm not aware of, or something in the source that Matt Fisher wrote.

Just2good

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2014-07-04 05:01:24 »
I'm just recommending he try that because there may be some dependency in my dll's that expect C drive that I'm not aware of, or something in the source that Matt Fisher wrote.

I made sure to set my program files security to all access, and I run all programs as admin as well.

I tried moving my FF8 folder to Desktop, but it won't even run because steam can't find it.

Also my main drive is D: since my Windows 7 OS is on D: and C: is my backup drive. Would that make a difference?

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2014-07-04 23:44:39 »
I had same problem with him as long as I started the game.
and then

Besides, when I play game without this mod, i works properly but it appear the box " FF8_EN has stopped working" everytime I quit the game.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2014-07-05 00:35:36 »
Kisirong, is your installation on C drive?

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2014-07-05 00:44:26 »
I tried installing in C drive and it still had this problem.  :( maybe this is not trouble with structure directory.

Or maybe there's some error in Tonberry v1.3.zip and hashmapv1.2.zip. Can you please repost them ? I 'll try again
« Last Edit: 2014-07-05 00:45:59 by kisirong2501 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2014-07-05 08:23:38 »
I guess something like an app.log would be useful for Tonberry. I got the 'FF8.exe has stopped working' as well when I close the game.

jliencres

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2014-07-05 20:30:15 »
Main post updated with v1.3. This version should be more stable and have less memory leaks, although I believe it may still crash after a prolonged period of time. Please let me know how far you get before this happens. As mentioned by others, RAMRush is a temporary and hopefully playable solution.
Great job Omzy, thanks you for letting me enjoy again this game

Omzy

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tonberry v1.4 - External Texture Support for FF84
« Reply #110 on: 2014-07-05 22:58:31 »
Main post updated with v1.4. With this version I've tried to fix the problem some users are having that I believe occurs because their windows installation is not on drive C. I've added a line to the prefs.txt file where you can change your drive letter from C to D or whatever yours may be. Please let me know if this doesn't fix the problem!

Edit: to clarify the above, the error occurs if your WINDOWS installation isn't on C drive, not your FF8 installation, so please change the prefs file to match your windows install. Also users with 32 bit Windows may also have had problems that this should fix.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-06 00:24:10 by Omzy »

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2014-07-06 00:10:35 »
Got it. I tried with tonberry v1.4 without changing drive letter beacaude my windows installation is still on drive C and it worked. I don't know why but maybe i concern to your source code.

Thank you so much.
Besides, I still saw that cardgame in game is not as clearly as in youtube clip. Is there the mod for this? Thanks

EsperothVIII

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tonberry v1.4 - External Texture Support for FF8
« Reply #112 on: 2014-07-07 06:18:58 »
Kisirong you are seeing the Tripod mod.  You need to download Tripod.

nRage

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tonberry v1.2 - External Texture Support for FF8
« Reply #113 on: 2014-07-07 07:50:59 »
There isn't, but I wonder if it's possible to enable it like they do for Skyrim mods.

http://www.hialgo.com/Skyrim_FAQ.htm#WHAT_TO_DO_WHEN_ENB_MODS_ARE_ALSO_USED
^^
(this is after I was askin about sweetfx)

I know omzy probably has enough on his plate. But would be cool if it's not too hard to implement.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2014-07-07 11:54:46 »
You guys could use HextLaunch.exe (from DLPBs Tools 2.0). Simply name one of these directx9.dll different and place them in Dll_in which HextLaunch will create.
I haven't tested it for myself but in theory this should work.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-07 14:04:43 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #115 on: 2014-07-07 13:44:19 »
I'll give it a try sometime Kaldarasha :)

nRage

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2014-07-07 20:03:06 »
You guys could use HextLaunch.exe (from DLPBs Tools 2.0). Simply name one of these directx9.dll different and place them in Dll_in which HextLaunch will create.

Thanks for the suggestion! Couldn't get this to work, unfortunately. No matter what I do, in the hextlaunch log file, it just says "error: xxxx.dll was not loaded."

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2014-07-08 02:38:34 »
I think that hextlaunch will be successful in injecting DLLs into system memory that are used as adjuncts to the game's exe but the d3d9.dll is called specifically by the game so it may not be able to be injected. However, I'm not too educated on this topic yet, so I could be wrong.

Just2good

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2014-07-09 00:14:04 »
Main post updated with v1.4. With this version I've tried to fix the problem some users are having that I believe occurs because their windows installation is not on drive C. I've added a line to the prefs.txt file where you can change your drive letter from C to D or whatever yours may be. Please let me know if this doesn't fix the problem!

Edit: to clarify the above, the error occurs if your WINDOWS installation isn't on C drive, not your FF8 installation, so please change the prefs file to match your windows install. Also users with 32 bit Windows may also have had problems that this should fix.

Just came back from vacation, downloaded the latest version and now FF8 is working fine with Tonberry after changing prefs. Thank you so much!

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2014-07-09 01:39:49 »
Anyone who has FF8 steam version with Gamebooster (released recently) can share me a link for downloading? I wanna to try gamebooster to speed up for saving time when I train.

THank you
@EsperothVIII : THanks, I tried and it worked with card's texture, no background triad. :( I didn't know why?

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2014-07-09 10:52:03 »
Finally...it's working for me too. No unknown exception error anymore. I can finally enjoy all the mods. So i assume it had something to do with a fix for Windows 32bit users or something. I had the exact same problem as "Just2Good" had. Anyhow, thanks guys, everything perfect now. Keep up the good work. You guys are making FF8 more than enjoyable.

hihi

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2014-07-13 02:15:52 »
This is so kool, something similar for FFVII would be awesome as this is much simpler than bootleg patch process

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2014-07-13 08:57:20 »
This is so kool, something similar for FFVII would be awesome as this is much simpler than bootleg patch process
Use the games converter and place all textures (Facepalmer/Re:Sampled) in the mod folder. It's not that Bootleg is needed to mod FF7.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2014-07-15 00:53:01 »
Main post updated with hashmap_v1.3. This version should be compatible with Mcindus' next SeeD release, which will be awesome, btw!

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #124 on: 2014-07-15 15:40:40 »
Thanks for your work Omzy.

I wonder if that's the cause of the server high stress...  ;D ;D ;D