Author Topic: FF7 [HEROES] for PSX - HiQuality field models for Cloud/Sephiroth DEMO  (Read 17085 times)

meesbaker

• View Profile
THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED, PLEASE GO HERE: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15676.0

This is HEROES - the first PSX mod that uses field models of much higher data size and with much more detail than the default ones! This also changes the proportions to make Cloud and Sephiroth look more human. Here is some comparison:

Default Cloud:

New Cloud:

Default Sephiroth:

New Sephiroth:

Unfortunately as for now this is going to require a patch that extends the amount of bcx files available OR you will have to sacrifice a main character. Currently Im testing this with Vincent removed as he is the only story irrelevant character that I could easily take out by not giving the key to his room after defeating lost number. Or simply by changing that item to something different...

Also I still have to work on some fields where multiple Sephiroth models exist as the game sometimes crashes when the field model section in the dat file of a specific field loads more than one model from the same lba. I do not know why it works for Cloud and Young Cloud and also for all scenes except nvmkin21 that I tested so far however in that case of nvmkin21 I had to inject my model  wielding the masamune into the BSX file as the game refused to load it from my bcx file.

For a better demonstration I created a demo video of the first nibelheim Flashback:

Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrZGUEzhSro&feature=youtu.be (watch in 720P)
Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07g3UuQcpoA (720p ^^ )

The ending of part 2 has some detuned music for some reason but displays the models of seph and cloud the best !
« Last Edit: 2014-12-22 13:11:59 by meesbaker »

vayneruel

• View Profile
WOW simply great, you use the Cloud model in train during conversation with Jesse for create the new model right?Its a great job, congratulations meesbaker

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
wow very good, i waiting for this great release

meesbaker

• View Profile
Yes the parts are from rootmap, caught me there:D

Well for Cloud I basically just colored the parts only used the original boots and added the  Buster Sword. For Sephiroth I took the legs, arms and lower body part and colored them all in Sephs black(19/19/19), then colored the shoulder plate white and put it on both sides.

Then I created new skeletons from the bone data of the original models and the bone lengths found on the rootmap skeleton. For Sephiroth was a little tricky as his upper body is still the original size.

Finally I had to fix the part description data to attach the parts correctly to the new skeleton so the animations written for Cloud/Sephiroth still work. I basically used data from rootmap to boost seph and Cloud a little. The work is fixing scenes where Sephiroth has extra parts and solving the memory issues. By now I have the 1at flashback done and Im working hard on the rest!

vayneruel

• View Profile
Meesbaker you dont change the color of battle model?

meesbaker

• View Profile
No Im too stupid, whenever I touch the rgbs it looks like crap.

vayneruel

• View Profile
Well i change the color of Cloud for you, say me the rgb you used in field model (hex code).

meesbaker

• View Profile
Its 00 10 25. However , its not so easy to do because the field models simply use a single color while the battle models use color gradients. You will have to look at the rannges between the rgbs used in the lzs and built similar values around 00 10 25 or it will look worse than before.

Im looking forward to your results ;)

vayneruel

• View Profile

The first part have been modified (left original, right modified) i continue with the next part,torso, its the harder bone because combine various colour.

meesbaker

• View Profile
Good work m8 keep going ;)

vayneruel

• View Profile
I finished the model, i sent you for private, i hope you like  ;)

meesbaker

• View Profile

Amazing job! It looks fantastic! Thanks a lot Vayneruel for your contribution! Credit will be given and your service not forgotten :)

Just one more thing: Im very happy with the current model but if you could color the boots in black (01 02 01 or something you like) it would be perfect. Either way I owe you one!
« Last Edit: 2013-10-18 15:40:59 by meesbaker »

vayneruel

• View Profile
WTF? i dont see the color of the boots  :-o jejeje ok i change the boots color, its a easy work
Edit: i upload the new model
« Last Edit: 2013-10-18 22:51:09 by vayneruel »

vayneruel

• View Profile
Tifas boobs ( :o) completed!

meesbaker

• View Profile
I see you chose the best thing to start with :D Looks great, just get the red hands and boots black and shes done.

Barret may be harder as his brown jacket may be spread over multiple parts.

vayneruel

• View Profile
I´ve changed the color of Tifa boots and test it but the code o black you say me is very black and do not appear in the screen because the shadow of character is the same color, so i used other code (like Sephiroth boots) for other tone of black. I think this color is best than other so i send you a new model.

meesbaker

• View Profile
Ok I understand. I wrote you a pm about keeping the old boots but I will switch to your new ones. You havent sent me Tifa yet have you ? I got 3 identical messages about Cloud.

vayneruel

• View Profile
WTF? 3 messages? should be a problem of the forum

vayneruel

• View Profile
Barret completed!There is only change the other models of Barret, is has four models

meesbaker

• View Profile
Nice job but I think your work is done. I dont think Barrets other models are actually used anywhere. Even in case, I could still siimply point the lbas in battle.x to the one you modded, or if the sectors are same size just paste your model over all other ones.

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Great work, meesbaker :) And, vayneruel's handiwork in color modding comes in handy again. Now we're finally getting somewhere with FF7 PSX modding.

vayneruel

• View Profile
The other Barrets models is using for diferent weapons you equiped, so its necesary change the other models for 100% work in -game. I think fhinsh these today.
Thanks Lazy Bastard  ;)
Edit: the four Barrets models its finished, test it meesbaker!
« Last Edit: 2013-10-24 21:00:04 by vayneruel »

meesbaker

• View Profile
Good job, everything is working fine. Im not a fan of advent children but I like the new colors they gave to cloud, tifa and barret. My field model mod changing those was a little stupid without this though.

If you dont want to publish this as an own mod, with your permission Vayneruel, I will include this in "Better Field models" and in the future release of [ HEROES] which will include all my graphical mods plus those 2 HiQuality models.

Of course I will give credit where credit is due, we are partners ;)

vayneruel

• View Profile
Of course you have my permission for publicate this model in your mods, after all i created these models for you