Author Topic: Question about the final battle of the game (1 on 1 with sephiroth) vid added  (Read 38593 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
This would work like NFITC1 posted if you have stored Cloud as 0x20 and Sephira as 0x00 (and 86 is Omni. Haven't checked but I guess he got controll). It's like this by default but if you used my suggestion then I removed that part where the variables are made. You could bring it back in the setup part though.

12.(0000)
02.(2060)
90. <- Seph is 0x0000
12.(0020)
02.(2050)
01.(4060)
60.(10) <- I guess this is Cloud from the AND-ed bank
40.l
90. <- Cloud is 0x0020

As much HP as ruby? IMO that's a bit much. You could add a part that makes him use an attack that drains damage dealt when his HP is low.

This one checks if Current Hp is under MAX HP/XX*YY. (if not GOTO offset 0xZZZZ)
02.(2060)
03.(4160)
02.(2060)
03.(4180)
60.(XX)
60.(YY)
70.(ZZZZ)
As target is stored in Setup we don't need to set it (Cloud id the only option anyway. By default it isn't set though)
60.(20)
61.(The attack ID)
72.(goto end of script)

ff7rules

• View Profile
This would work like NFITC1 posted if you have stored Cloud as 0x20 and Sephira as 0x00 (and 86 is Omni. Haven't checked but I guess he got controll). It's like this by default but if you used my suggestion then I removed that part where the variables are made. You could bring it back in the setup part though.

12.(0000)
02.(2060)
90. <- Seph is 0x0000
12.(0020)
02.(2050)
01.(4060)
60.(10) <- I guess this is Cloud from the AND-ed bank
40.l
90. <- Cloud is 0x0020

As much HP as ruby? IMO that's a bit much. You could add a part that makes him use an attack that drains damage dealt when his HP is low.

This one checks if Current Hp is under MAX HP/XX*YY. (if not GOTO offset 0xZZZZ)
02.(2060)
03.(4160)
02.(2060)
03.(4180)
60.(XX)
60.(YY)
70.(ZZZZ)
As target is stored in Setup we don't need to set it (Cloud id the only option anyway. By default it isn't set though)
60.(20)
61.(The attack ID)
72.(goto end of script)

Thanks for posting this im gonna try it now and the reason i gave him as much HP as ruby was because of omnislash as it can deal a hell of alot of damage so i figured that but i might make it lower.

gamefac

• View Profile
This is where you should be changing things:

If you do this, beating the first formation (against Guard Scorion) will take you to formation 01 6c (Air Buster).

Hi im new here. I'm currently modding my FF7 psx version. And I don't know how you guys can decipher the hex code. How do you guys know what & where to change?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-10 20:07:27 by gamefac »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
See here. It takes a while to work out what you're doing with hex editors, but it's not too hard.  :wink:

However, there isn't much need for them any more (at least when editing enemies); there are a few things that no program can do in the scene.bin file yet, but most things can be done with Proud Clod (read the help file for AI editing) and Hojo.

gamefac

• View Profile
I'm currently modding my FF7 psx version.
==

#1 @Kudistos Megistos, so after you edit whatever it is do, what do you do after that? how can you take your edited work and merge back to scene.bin? 

#2 @Kudisto Megistos & ff7rules, i want to know how you guys can replace the first scorpion boss for another boss of your pick? I've tried using the proud clod program, to edit the enemy formation. Am I doing this right? Because for some reason, the game screen gets glitchy, errored, and frozed.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6576/71287934.jpg

#3 I really want to mod my own enemy "encounter" but it seems like it's not as easy as changing a few hex numbers.

btw, i'm reading the link you recommended (Kudistos Megistos).

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Before hex editing a scene file, you need to decompress it with scene reader (link is at the bottom of the wiki page) and recompress it when you've finished the editing (protip: close the hex editor window before recompressing with scene reader). Hojo and Proud Clod do the de- and recompressing themselves.

As for editing formations, I'd be careful; some enemies don't like being in certain positions. Not much research has been done with formations AFAIK, so I can't really give you any help.

gjoerulv gives some advice on creating enemies here (post was made before Proud Clod came out). You may have to do some field editing as well; unfortunately that isn't my area of expertise. For the PC version, a program called meteor will do the job (you should be able to find it on the forums).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what program would be best for the PSX version; I know that 7mimic can do some editing to field  files, but I don't know whether that includes encounter and script edits.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-10 22:50:08 by Kudistos Megistos »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Before hex editing a scene file, you need to decompress it with scene reader (link is at the bottom of the wiki page) and recompress it when you've finished the editing (protip: close the hex editor window before recompressing with scene reader). Hojo and Proud Clod do the de- and recompressing themselves.

Proud Clod does not need the scene.bin to be decompressed first. If you're using Hojo, do all that before hand and recompress the scene.bin then edit THAT with Proud Clod. SceneReader is not necessary.

Just thought I'd clarify.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Mimic 7 can change encounters im done it myself. Also about enemy AI i have a template i use so all you have to do is add your attacks and change the headers would anyone be intertsed in seeing or using this template it was made by gjoerulv.

Karifean

• View Profile
I'd like that template  :-)