Author Topic: Trying again :)  (Read 26116 times)

Sebanisu

• View Profile
Trying again :)
« on: 2014-04-22 01:06:05 »
I made some progress at the end of last week. I got a batch files setup for setting up and compiling Boost and Ogre.

I am re-downloading the q gears source.

I feel bad for not posting anything in a month. I kinda got busy and then 4 weeks passed by. I decided to post a new topic since my other one was so old.

Should I put the code for these batch files on the forum? They could be useful. Should I use pastebin or something?

Sebanisu

• View Profile
0.bat
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-22 16:44:56 »
Create a directory you want to have all this in.
0.bat
point me to prerequisites
Code: [Select]
@echo off
rem http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15060.0
set home=%cd%
echo need prerecs

echo get DirectX SDK and install it...
echo - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
start http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
echo - Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package or newer will conflict
echo   with it you will need to uninstall them and then reinstall them later

echo getting cmake for building ogre
echo - installer or zip, for this how to I go with the zip
echo - http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.11.2-win32-x86.zip
start http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.11.2-win32-x86.zip

echo get codeblocks
echo http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads
start http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads

echo unpack cmake and install codeblocks
echo - both to %home%
echo - results should look like this
echo   %home%\cmake-2.8.11.2-win32-x86\bin
echo   %home%\CodeBlocks

pause
http://pastebin.com/hJrZVgkD
« Last Edit: 2014-04-22 17:02:36 by Sebanisu »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
1.bat
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-22 16:48:00 »
1.bat
Go get and compile boost
http://pastebin.com/HgFq2SHL

edit: tried pasting the full thing on here too big. :P
« Last Edit: 2014-04-22 17:03:46 by Sebanisu »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
2.bat
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-22 17:05:53 »
2.bat
Go get ogre dependencies!
http://pastebin.com/3abGvFZi

Sebanisu

• View Profile
3.bat
« Reply #4 on: 2014-04-22 17:07:25 »
3.bat
Get Ogre and compile!
http://pastebin.com/00LRck3i
« Last Edit: 2014-04-22 18:14:55 by Sebanisu »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
4.bat
« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-22 17:16:28 »
Though when I tried to compile using the existing code::blocks stuff. It couldn't find any prerequisites. Not lua or ogre or boost. I fiddled with it some, than just tried to compile with cmake! And, cmake worked.
4.bat
Get qgears and compile!
http://pastebin.com/K0NMD5bf

I ran Q-Gears and got a 'choose your renderer' dialog from Ogre, and selected OpenGL and then started it. Black screen! I think that's a good thing.

I imagine it'd do more if it had the FF7 resources around.

edit: said the same thing twice in two different ways.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-22 18:15:10 by Sebanisu »

zerotacg

• View Profile
Re: Trying again :)
« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-23 04:58:36 »
try pressing f8 to get the menu
there is an initial script that is executed to do the key binding
q-gears/output/data/config.cfg

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2014-04-23 16:16:44 »
@ zero  why can't i link for linux?  what did u change about the boost requirements? anyidea when we can move some things around the repo? after that happens i can at least upload my debian folder and as soon as linking is fixed we will get dailys :D

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-04-23 19:43:22 »
dunno what errors do you get?
we should have the same boost dependencies as the ogre version we require (1.8 if I remember correctly)
I haven't done anything in quite a while so ...
as for (re)moving unused stuff etc I was actually aiming for the point where could load necessary data from ff7 game dir so we could remove copyrighted materials and still have something to view
but feel free to shuffle around as you consider appropriate  in the end it's version control, nothing is lost

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #9 on: 2014-04-23 20:37:40 »
dunno what errors do you get?
we should have the same boost dependencies as the ogre version we require (1.8 if I remember correctly)
I haven't done anything in quite a while so ...
as for (re)moving unused stuff etc I was actually aiming for the point where could load necessary data from ff7 game dir so we could remove copyrighted materials and still have something to view
but feel free to shuffle around as you consider appropriate  in the end it's version control, nothing is lost

what ill do is check my errors when i get back to my machine it was all linking errors iirc. might even be on another thread., And make perhaps a folder reflecting how i would like to re structure. either on the sourceforge or maybe ill make a github account so i don't disturb the codebase. we'll be in touch .

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-04-24 00:49:13 »
I tried making a code::blocks project with cmake...
It will compile but you can't debug. Because it becomes kinda a front end for mingw32-make.

I think to use code::blocks. I'll need to make a new project file and readd everything manually. Probably starting with dependencies making sure it builds lua and such.

I'm not sure how easy it is to fix the existing code::blocks project from the repository. It just couldn't find anything out of the box. And I'm kinda a noob with code::blocks. :P

I feel tough if I don't have an ide setup I can't debug. Other than change the file and compile and see if it worked. :P

I could always use eclipse. I donno which is easier. I use eclipse for php and python scripting.

I use Notepad++ for editing batch files.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #11 on: 2014-04-24 12:46:46 »
im not sure as i am only using CMake to build. i have never really been a big fan of code::blocks myself.  when i start seriously coding on Q-Gears i plan to use either  QTCreator or KDevelop for my ide.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-04-24 16:31:19 »
Well Cmake is working great for building.

I think i got code::blocks working. (building now)

I'm on Windows. I think QTCreator and KDevelop aren't options for me. I ran Linux for a little bit, but I like playing games, and my computer is too slow to run most things with Wine.

If I ever get around to updating I might try to jump back in. My CPU is only 2.2ghz and my video card is only a Geforce 465 GTX. So some games barely run on windows. :)

edit: Oh QTCreator runs on windows. I'll install it and see what it is like.

edit2: it failed to compile then i seemed to make it worse trying to fix it :P
« Last Edit: 2014-04-24 17:08:56 by Sebanisu »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-04-24 17:11:24 »
I had an idea. since cmake is working. I could use the cmakelists as a guide on what to include in the project. :P

edit: yay code::blocks compiled something.

I kept getting linker errors so I had to keep tweaking it till I got it to finish.

Though I think I am including more ogre and boost libraries than I needed. As I wasn't sure what was needed.
So I like added a bunch of stuff to the linker settings at-least with ogre.

Now I am recompiling in the proper folder location so now I can see if it'll run. Also to kinda make sure the first time wasn't a fluke. :P

edit2... I think something still off. I tried running it and nothing showed up. I'm compiling in debug mode hopefully something will tell me what is wrong :P
« Last Edit: 2014-04-24 23:19:00 by Sebanisu »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-04-24 23:36:42 »
Okay it is working.

I thought Debugging wasn't working but it just happened to be going slow.

I gave up to quickly. I'm gonna probably be done for this week.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #15 on: 2014-04-25 00:47:36 »
here is my linking error:  using libogre 1.8 and libboost 1.54 .

Linking CXX executable q-gears
cd /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/QGearsMain && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/q-gears.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/g++   -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O3 -DNDEBUG  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro CMakeFiles/q-gears.dir/src/Main.cpp.o  -o q-gears -rdynamic libQGearsMain.a ../SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/libFinalFantasy7.a libQGearsMain.a ../SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/libFinalFantasy7.a ../dependencies/libLuaBind.a ../dependencies/libLua.a ../dependencies/libTinyXml.a -lOgreMain -lboost_thread -lboost_date_time -lboost_system -lboost_chrono -lpthread -lOIS
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `path<char*>':
/usr/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:139: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::codecvt()'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `QGears::Application::processCommandLine(int, char**)':
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:148: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::stem() const'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:160: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::m_default_line_length'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:160: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(std::string const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:162: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description::add_options()'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:162: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, char const*)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:166: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, boost::program_options::value_semantic const*, char const*)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:170: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, boost::program_options::value_semantic const*, char const*)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:174: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, boost::program_options::value_semantic const*, char const*)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:179: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::options_description_easy_init::operator()(char const*, boost::program_options::value_semantic const*, char const*)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:180: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map()'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::options(boost::program_options::options_description const&)':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/parsers.hpp:51: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::set_options_description(boost::program_options::options_description const&)'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `QGears::Application::processCommandLine(int, char**)':
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:181: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::store(boost::program_options::basic_parsed_options<char> const&, boost::program_options::variables_map&, bool)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:185: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::operator<<(std::ostream&, boost::program_options::options_description const&)'
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/common/QGearsApplication.cpp:189: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::notify(boost::program_options::variables_map&)'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::variables_map::operator[](std::string const&) const':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp:155: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::string const&) const'
/usr/include/boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp:155: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::string const&) const'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::typed_value<std::string, char>::xparse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&) const':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/value_semantic.hpp:170: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validate(boost::any&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, std::string*, int)'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::typed_value<std::string, char>::name() const':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/value_semantic.hpp:19: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::arg'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `to_internal<std::basic_string<char> >':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/convert.hpp:79: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::to_internal(std::string const&)'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::basic_command_line_parser(int, char const* const*)':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/parsers.hpp:43: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline(std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&)'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::basic_command_line_parser<char>::run()':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/parsers.hpp:107: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::get_canonical_option_prefix()'
/usr/include/boost/program_options/detail/parsers.hpp:108: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::run()'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::variables_map::~variables_map()':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp:146: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::variables_map'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o): In function `~variables_map':
/usr/include/boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp:146: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::variables_map'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o):(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options11typed_valueISscEE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options11typed_valueISscEE]+0x18): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>'
libQGearsMain.a(QGearsApplication.cpp.o):(.rodata._ZTVN5boost15program_options11typed_valueISscEE[_ZTVN5boost15program_options11typed_valueISscEE]+0x38): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::value_semantic_codecvt_helper<char>::parse(boost::any&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, bool) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [QGearsMain/q-gears] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** [QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/q-gears.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

here is what happens if i build with ogre 1.9 and libboost1.54 (aparently a dependency of ogre 1.9 and 1.8)
[ 31%] Building CXX object SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/CMakeFiles/FinalFantasy7.dir/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp.o
cd /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7 && /usr/bin/g++   -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O3 -DNDEBUG -I/usr/include/ois -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/dependencies -I/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/include -I/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include    -o CMakeFiles/FinalFantasy7.dir/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp.o -c /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:33:0,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:41,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreStringInterface.h:35,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreResource.h:34,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/include/common/QGearsResource.h:30,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:22,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp:17:
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h: In constructor ‘QGears::FF7::ModelListFilePtr::ModelListFilePtr(const ResourcePtr&)’:
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘mutex’
 #define OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME mutex
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:34:115: note: in definition of macro ‘OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX’
 #define OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX(name) boost::recursive_mutex::scoped_lock OGRE_TOKEN_PASTE_EXTRA(ogrenameLock, __LINE__) (name)
                                                                                                                   ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:93:36: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
                 OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX(*r.OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME)
                                    ^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/assert.hpp:50:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/shared_mutex.hpp:23,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/shared_mutex.hpp:22,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread_group.hpp:9,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/thread.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:49,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:34,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/include/common/QGearsResource.h:30,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:22,
                 from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp:17:
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:43: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘(’ token
 #define OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX(from) assert(!OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME); OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME = from
                                           ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:94:25: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                         OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX(r.OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME)
                         ^
In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:41:0,
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: error: ‘mutex’ was not declared in this scope
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:74: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
 #define OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX(from) assert(!OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME); OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME = from
                                                                          ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:94:25: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                         ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: note: suggested alternative:
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:74: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
                                                                          ^
                         ^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/mutex.hpp:16:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition_variable.hpp:16,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:48,
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:91:11: note:   ‘boost::mutex’
     class mutex
           ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘mutex’
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:97: note: in definition of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                                                                                                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:94:55: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
                                                       ^
In file included from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp:17:0:
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:95:25: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘pRep’
                         pRep = static_cast<ModelListFile*>(r.getPointer());
                         ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:96:17: error: ‘pUseCount’ was not declared in this scope
                 pUseCount = r.useCountPointer();
                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:96:31: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘useCountPointer’
                               ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:97:17: error: ‘useFreeMethod’ was not declared in this scope
                 useFreeMethod = r.freeMethod();
                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:97:35: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘freeMethod’
                                   ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h: In member function ‘QGears::FF7::ModelListFilePtr& QGears::FF7::ModelListFilePtr::operator=(const ResourcePtr&)’:
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:34:115: note: in definition of macro ‘OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX’
 #define OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX(name) boost::recursive_mutex::scoped_lock OGRE_TOKEN_PASTE_EXTRA(ogrenameLock, __LINE__) (name)
                                                                                                                   ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:113:36: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
                 OGRE_LOCK_MUTEX(*r.OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME)
                                    ^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/assert.hpp:50:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/shared_mutex.hpp:23,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/shared_mutex.hpp:22,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread_group.hpp:9,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/thread.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:49,
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:43: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘(’ token
                                           ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:114:25: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                         ^
In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:41:0,
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: error: ‘mutex’ was not declared in this scope
                              ^
                                                                          ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:114:25: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                         ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefines.h:29:30: note: suggested alternative:
                              ^
                                                                          ^
                         ^
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/mutex.hpp:16:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition_variable.hpp:16,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:48,
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:91:11: note:   ‘boost::mutex’
     class mutex
           ^
                              ^
/usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadDefinesBoost.h:55:97: note: in definition of macro ‘OGRE_COPY_AUTO_SHARED_MUTEX’
                                                                                                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:114:55: note: in expansion of macro ‘OGRE_AUTO_MUTEX_NAME’
                                                       ^
In file included from /home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp:17:0:
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:115:25: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘pRep’
                         pRep = static_cast<ModelListFile*>(r.getPointer());
                         ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:116:17: error: ‘pUseCount’ was not declared in this scope
                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:116:31: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘useCountPointer’
                               ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:117:17: error: ‘useFreeMethod’ was not declared in this scope
                 ^
/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/data/FF7ModelListFile.h:117:35: error: ‘const ResourcePtr’ has no member named ‘freeMethod’
                                   ^
make[3]: *** [SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/CMakeFiles/FinalFantasy7.dir/src/data/FF7ModelListFile.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** [SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/CMakeFiles/FinalFantasy7.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/Documents/Projects/Code/Q-Gears/q-gears_0.21/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed
« Last Edit: 2014-04-25 00:58:37 by sithlord48 »

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-04-27 14:18:18 »
I'm working with QtCreator but since we use cmake you can create project files for lot's of ides and it should work
to get debug version change build type to debug and it should work quite well

as fore the linking errors I'll try and check them later on

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014-04-28 02:23:12 »
One thing I noticed, before I called it a night Thursday, is that the one I built in cmake made a blackscreen. The one I built with code::blocks won't stay full screen. So I think I might be linking the wrong version of the libraries or something. *not sure what else it could be yet*
I picked the libs for boost mt-s.a for release and the mt-sd.a for debug. But I don't know if that is right yet.
And for Ogre I kinda picked all the libs accept the direct3d one. So I might be linking something that isn't even being used. :P

sithlord:
libboost_program_options
libboost_filesystem
I think you aren't linking those library files. I had to add them on mine.
I got a similar error and found files that had program_options and filesystem, in the filename, in the boost lib folder and added them to the linkers.

About the mutex errors I think that is caused from ogre u built not having threading enabled. My best guess.

zerotacg:
The problem with cmake when it create's code::block projects just add shortcuts to the mingw32-make instead of using the built in features of code::blocks. So you click build in code::blocks it runs mingw32-make with the pre-setup directions from cmake. From my google searches it seems projects made this way won't let you debug. Maybe I'm wrong though. I did try to force debugging on with cmake but it didn't help. Code::blocks errored and said it couldn't debug this.

It's been a couple days of working so I hope I'm not misremembering anything.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-28 02:30:08 by Sebanisu »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #18 on: 2014-04-28 15:33:06 »
@ sebanisu.
         your are correct i was missing libboost-program-options-dev (the package for the code) and libboost-filesystem-dev

i do not build ogre the builds are the builds on the ubuntu/debian repos.

now the package builds (or will after i add a COPYING.txt file. to the trunk)

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-04-28 17:27:19 »
i do not build ogre the builds are the builds on the ubuntu/debian repos.

I misunderstood. I misread the part, where you were testing with ogre 1.9 and ogre 1.8, as compiling ogre for some reason. :P

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #20 on: 2014-04-28 19:45:59 »
i have mostly fixed the package building and have to update a few files.

currently im unable to start q-gears as i get an error then it dies

[ERROR] /home/chris/q-gears_0.21/QGearsMain/src/core/DebugDraw.cpp 58: Could not find font "CourierNew" for debug draw.

aparently i don't have CourierNew font (i do have it althought on my system its Courier New)

reading up on this seams we need a fontdef for all fonts ? . since the files and the font will need including in the project perhaps a free font is good for this (freemono,free sans come to mind) . Any suggestions let me know ill try them.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-04-28 23:19:39 »
I'm kinda scratching my head to why I'm getting this glitch

the screen is being drawn in the top left corner. I think I'll try disabling my dual monitor setup and see if that fixes it.

But I'm pretty sure when I just built with cmake and mingw it didn't do this.

sithlord:

Any free font should do for that debug text. I'm unsure how font's are handled I spent a few mins skimming over the documentation.
You could add another few lines of code after the thing and maybe make it try another font. I'm not entirely sure how fonts are handled though I only skimmed over the documentation

before:
    m_Font = Ogre::FontManager::getSingleton().getByName( "CourierNew" );
    if( m_Font.isNull() )
    {
        LOG_ERROR( "Could not find font \"CourierNew\" for debug draw." );
    }
after:
    m_Font = Ogre::FontManager::getSingleton().getByName( "CourierNew" );
    if( m_Font.isNull() )
    {
//        LOG_ERROR( "Could not find font \"CourierNew\" for debug draw." );
          m_Font = Ogre::FontManager::getSingleton().getByName( "thisotherfont" );
          if( m_Font.isNull() ) {
                 LOG_ERROR( "Could not find font \"CourierNew\" or this other font for debug draw." );
          }
    }

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #22 on: 2014-04-28 23:25:26 »
accually it seams tha the data location in the resouces.cfg is messed up ..
something changes when using the --resources-file switch

Edit: completely wrong about switches not working...
« Last Edit: 2014-04-29 00:57:51 by sithlord48 »

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-04-28 23:28:23 »
Oh disabling multi monitor fixed my issue.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-04-28 23:31:12 »
--deleted--- misunderstood so I said something that was wrong.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-29 00:05:45 by Sebanisu »