Author Topic: how to get a full team on 7  (Read 10538 times)

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
how to get a full team on 7
« on: 2005-12-30 09:29:11 »
i played 7 years ago when i came out on the psx and im pritty sure i had a gameshark code to get the whole set of charactors without replacing any

Q: is there a way to get aries and seph in the team on the PC version without replacing any of the other charactors?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-30 18:20:10 »
That would be pretty hard as seph and vincent are the same character and use the same data "slot" (There is a bit that flipped in the save map to turn one into the other)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-30 19:22:59 »
Also Cait Sith and young Cloud are swaped as well. :D
I'm sure there is a bit in the save file somewhere for that (or it's the same bit for Seph and Vinn).

Ariel is another tough one as the game script wasn't set up for that. IE there are no conversations past the point where she dies for her being in the party.

Cyb

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-31 08:15:26 »
thanks i didnt knwo about the savepoint swapping, but couldnt they co exsist with the same stats as long as you didnt play with there doubles at the same time?

i thort there was more to aries after she died, aparantly she still has text in  the game
http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/info_adrian.shtml

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-21 12:06:40 »
i was thiking about this a little more, ok so seph cant be added easly but aries should be able to be brought back without replacing another character

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-22 02:48:31 »
Has anything been done about it before? A patch of it might mess up events though, such as getting characters for the first time. It would become an essential patch. I would hate it thought if I had to turn off certain charcters (Aeris undoutably) But no doubt it would be cool, to play with Aeris, Young Cloud, and Sephiroth.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-22 17:26:38 »
Quote from: Midgar
Has anything been done about it before? A patch of it might mess up events though, such as getting characters for the first time. It would become an essential patch. I would hate it thought if I had to turn off certain charcters (Aeris undoutably) But no doubt it would be cool, to play with Aeris, Young Cloud, and Sephiroth.

Cait Sith is Young Cloud Sephiroth is Vincent in there mappings. So essentially you would be playing with Aeris Cait Sith and Vincent :)

Considering Aeris is still alive when Cait Sith is aquired there is likely a different bit that's twiddled for young cloud versus cait Sith.

The best way too make these things work completely however is to redo the games scripting and change the save file format as well.

Cyb

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-23 02:20:21 »
If only I knew programming... -_-  I would make a patch. Has this ever been attempted before? If only there was a patch that could let Aeris not glich the game...

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-01-24 04:57:06 »
If only I knew programming... -_-  I would make a patch. Has this ever been attempted before? If only there was a patch that could let Aeris not glich the game...

Knowing programing would not be enough.  The problem is in the scripting AND the game engine. You would be best served redoing the game engine and scripting as well.  This is no easy task because the original script code has long since past being in existance.  It would require scripting tools that can both generate the script and reencode the script.  Not a trivial task. This is more like a 2 to 3 year project.  Most of this would be discovery.  Granted much has been discovered of the script code, it still takes time.

Cyb

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-01-24 05:44:01 »
Quote from: kini
i was thiking about this a little more, ok so seph cant be added easly but aries should be able to be brought back without replacing another character

but then wouldn't having that "extra" character mess up the fight against sephiroth where ur supposed to use 8 people?

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #10 on: 2006-01-24 16:45:58 »
Quote from: d15c0d4v3

but then wouldn't having that "extra" character mess up the fight against sephiroth where ur supposed to use 8 people?

it would be intresting to see if that did actuallly crash the game, aparantly there is still a place there for an extra charactor.  
im not bothered about re authering the script, theres only a few parts that crash with aries, could probablly avoid them.

id just like to add her back in to get the most out of the game
http://wiki.qhimm.com/Image:Menu_Shop.jpg

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-01-24 21:29:13 »
2-3years? That long? All just for a couple character slots... -_-
You never know who else may crash the game. Aeris is only well know because she is sorely missed and people have been mooring about that. For a while I was thinking of putting Final Fantasy VII onto the Chrono Trigger engine. But then again, I don't have the artist talent to recreate good looking sprites... But it HAS been done before, anyone know of Final Fantasy X on the Final Fantasy II engine?

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-01-24 21:38:09 »
yeah, ive seen that before

i would play it but its not in english, or at least i cant find it in english

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #13 on: 2006-01-25 13:21:55 »
i was thinking of making a 2d version of a ffvii sequel out of one of the older games but im not sure which game would be best to edit, do any of the games have a rival like seph in them? if not im back to editing pokemon again lol

so anyone ready for  
                                       Final fantasy  VII  2D

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/level.html

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 2006-01-25 18:25:48 »
I feel that this topic is circling the drain...

I've revered FF1, I can tell you that you arn't making FF7 out of that game. The only FF for the NES that supported summons was 3, but the character and level system is beyond different.

You could probably "downport" FF7 to the FF6 engine, but much of that system is unknown, unless you can pull some nift tech docs on that game...

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-01-26 00:24:47 »
Chrono Trigger halken! All you need to do is change the text and sprites, and edit a few events. I suppose you have not seen the Final Fantasy X port to Final Fantasy II. It supported them well enough, and its not impossible to add effects (they added sphere grid and blitzball, and summons). However the Chrono Trigger port should be the easiest. Temporal Flux is the name of the program you can use to change. Easy imput effects!

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-01-26 00:57:26 »
can someone pls give me an url on where to find screens or mabe more info about this ff2 based ffx?

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #18 on: 2006-01-26 08:21:17 »
I was thinking of putting Final Fantasy VII onto the Chrono Trigger engine. But then again, I don't have the artist talent to recreate good looking sprites... But it HAS been done before, anyone know of Final Fantasy X on the Final Fantasy II engine?

ive justs een that x on 2 it loooks very extensive, but i think it woudl be better to edit a snes game, i found a good editer for CT Temporal Flux, but cant figure out how the events work,
gonna but CT onto my gameboy if i can and try play it i havent played that game before

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-01-26 13:55:41 »
Quote from: d15c0d4v3
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Oct/bga20051024032886.htm

thx, anyone heard of a english translation yet?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-01-26 15:48:00 »
LOL that's just hiliarious to watch.  After playing the game :D

FFX DS is next likely (though compressing all that speach might be a challenge ;) )

Cyb

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-01-26 22:23:34 »
Yeah, I mentioned Temporal Flux. If you look on Zophar, there is a guide on how to do it.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-01-26 23:24:52 »
Quote from: Cyberman
LOL that's just hiliarious to watch.  After playing the game :D

FFX DS is next likely (though compressing all that speach might be a challenge ;) )

Cyb

I saw something intressting on Ficedula's dite, something about SylphDS and saw some screenshot of FF7 (teh models at least) on a DS :o

check it out @ www.ficedula.co.uk

[EDIT] here it is http://www.sylphds.net/ev2/contentview.php?id=358

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 2006-01-30 22:04:14 »
I was thinking of putting Final Fantasy VII onto the Chrono Trigger engine. But then again, I don't have the artist talent to recreate good looking sprites... But it HAS been done before, anyone know of Final Fantasy X on the Final Fantasy II engine?

ive justs een that x on 2 it loooks very extensive, but i think it woudl be better to edit a snes game, i found a good editer for CT Temporal Flux, but cant figure out how the events work,
gonna but CT onto my gameboy if i can and try play it i havent played that game before

Taking a hex editor to this FFX, I have not found a single scrap of 6502 code in it. It was programmed with some kind of win32 environment made to look like nes graphics.

It's a shame, give it about a years work and you probably make a good nes engine youreslf....

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-02-04 16:46:34 »
How could we make our own engine? I always wanted to do that. I can only think about rewriting existing engines. I have started trying to make a game, but it is only in my head...

They have begun making an english translation, although I don't think it was by the same team, and I think that there is nothing realesed yet... Who knows? It might have died out by now, or its finished... just like poor ol' 'Rection (CTR) *Cries*