Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW V3 upscale: Battle, world map, fields and videos (Final relesase)  (Read 55856 times)

tracido

• View Profile
Realy complex processing with at least 4 or 5 tools, some home made and witch only work in my computer environment (with dependcies, specific cpu and gpu ...)
Try virtualdub2 it's doing this in an easy way, or go fro avisynth (thats the way i edit my video but not realy easy to handle)

Nice. Yeah, I'm still blown away by the work you've done on the videos, I even dropped my AC Blu-Ray bits I'd added, just because your work was so impressive.

Shino

• View Profile
Realy complex processing with at least 4 or 5 tools, some home made and witch only work in my computer environment (with dependcies, specific cpu and gpu ...)
Try virtualdub2 it's doing this in an easy way, or go fro avisynth (thats the way i edit my video but not realy easy to handle)

Thank you :) i will try this.

Manakaiser

• View Profile

or can you explain how you upscale the video, than i can make this 2 videos.
I canĀ“t find anything how this work.

Upscaling videos really is fairly straight forward.

Use ffmpeg to split the individual frames from a video
Optionally/depending on the source: remove compression artefacts with the batch method of your choice; Use ESRGAN/gigapixel to scale
Use ffmpeg to recombine audio and images.

Its very simple with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i video.video $filename%03d.png -hide_banner (splitting)
   ESRGAN/gigapixel
   ffmpeg -framerate 30(or whatever you want) -i '%3d.png' -b:v 6393K video.mp4 (recombining to video)
   ffmpeg  -i video.mp4 -i audio.audio -shortest -c:v copy  videoplusaudio.mp4 (adding audio)

Theres an all in one script for esrgan video scaling too but its alot slower and limits your options to remove compression unless your have a proper interpolated  or trained model that can handle it and still give you statisfactory results on the scaling itself. Like ALOT slower. Ubearably slow!

But if you prefer that:
https://pastebin.com/EFghprz7
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26 09:42:48 by Manakaiser »

tracido

• View Profile
Upscaling videos really is fairly straight forward.

Use ffmpeg to split the individual frames from a video
Optionally/depending on the source: remove compression artefacts with the batch method of your choice; Use ESRGAN/gigapixel to scale
Use ffmpeg to recombine audio and images.

Its very simple with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i video.video $filename%03d.png -hide_banner (splitting)
   ESRGAN/gigapixel
   ffmpeg -framerate 30(or whatever you want) -i '%3d.png' -b:v 6393K video.mp4 (recombining to video)
   ffmpeg  -i video.mp4 -i audio.audio -shortest -c:v copy  videoplusaudio.mp4 (adding audio)

Theres an all in one script for esrgan video scaling too but its alot slower and limits your options to remove compression unless your have a proper interpolated  or trained model that can handle it and still give you statisfactory results on the scaling itself. Like ALOT slower. Ubearably slow!

But if you prefer that:
https://pastebin.com/EFghprz7

I may do this as I just got an FMV in French and I can't translate, so I may have to get this down..

Had no idea what was being said without voice in a scene already, so I'll just put back in the Advent Children scenes I had with English & Toshiba DVD enhanced which look better overall for now..
« Last Edit: 2019-04-27 09:47:01 by tracido »

tracido

• View Profile

Added another option at the choice menu in this community mod, which combines the best looking of the new and satsuki's better upscaled & undone parts in some sections.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CG8Ggr8uO9wb8XXyZhQWhR1US5O64raN
« Last Edit: 2019-05-05 18:04:52 by tracido »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
Awesome work. I play it with New Threat and Chaos Mod. Looks beautiful. First i wanted to wait till Remako Mod did Battles and World Map, but i just saw someone else (you) already did the work^^ Well done.

levantine

• View Profile
Hello Tracido, thx for the sharing, awesome world texture with thoose combines ! ^^, are you plan to do the same with the field texture and the battle texture?

tracido

• View Profile
Hello Tracido, thx for the sharing, awesome world texture with thoose combines ! ^^, are you plan to do the same with the field texture and the battle texture?

I did, just scroll up and one page back. ;) You can even mix the fixes from Satsuki from his /char folder for the 3d parts of the 2d backgrounds, with any other field mod for the 2d backgrounds.

levantine

• View Profile
oh got it thx

tracido

• View Profile
oh got it thx

Don't forget to check out the new magic's from Kela51 I added to the community mod for Spell Textures.. Good luck and enjoy.

levantine

• View Profile
already got it but thx ;)

tracido

• View Profile
already got it but thx ;)

Ohhh, oh, I figured out what you meant, so I went ahead and combined the updates for satsuki into the community battle .iro & added the three files from satsuki missing from the new combination..

There is no community background field mod, but they are big files, and putting together .iro's too large can cause issues.. Another reminder, I work with a killer beast of a system, near 32GB of RAM free for code injection, so some may not even be able to run as many as I do. So putting them all together, I wouldn't suggest it.

However, test this to make sure it is working, I'm doing that now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q8i23WUxVZIfHGa-qM0EpLeDUO5FUmrA
« Last Edit: 2019-05-11 13:31:53 by tracido »

sylandro

• View Profile
I've found that there are some issues with transparency in the world upscale. For example, the Chocobo's dust trail when it runs and the Highwind's exhaust smoke look weird in comparison to the original version. Everything else looks pretty good though!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
If Kela's dont i will

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Hi Satsuki, thanks for the many updates and passion you are putting here.

Would like to ask you which are the most low-quality background from the OG among all? (apart from Gold Saucer)

And if you create a deadline for yourself for V4?

Cheers,
Kuraudo

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
No deadline for v4, need lots of time to get it where i want.
There's some realy low quality fields in ff7 but the worsts are probably the game_2, jtemplb and mtcrl_9

GregOli

• View Profile
Hey guys! Big noob question here. I'm modding my game a bit for my first playthrough (late to the party, I know).
I'm trying to keep things as close to vanilla as possible while still improving them, So I'm using The Reunion r05c (Menu, retranslation and 60fps Battles), Mxster's Chibi Reconstruction V1.6, Bloodshot's FF7 Re-animated, 0.1 and Bynyl's FF7 Soundtrack Remake.

Is there any way i can use this mod without downgrading the game to the 98 version? I'm using the Steam version and this seems to be the only mod on my list that requires it.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-25 20:49:14 by GregOli »

AssailantLF

• View Profile
Is there any way i can use this mod without downgrading the game to the 98 version? I'm using the Steam version and this seems to be the only mod on my list that requires it.

I'm not sure that is possible, pretty sure it's necessary for both Reunion and 7th Heaven to be converted, but I'm new so I might be unaware of a workaround.

What is the particular reason you don't want to use the 98 version? I don't think there's any loss of quality or features (besides the quit menu option), if that's your concern.

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
If Kela's dont i will

no problem you can satsuki! Thanks!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Nm got it working.

Myriotes

• View Profile
First of all, thanks for all your textures :) . Second, I noticed that you provided an updated link for the spell textures in the other thread, so maybe you want to update it in this thread as well?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-09 20:05:15 by myriotes »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Done, thanks for spotting that out

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
is this newer than the satsuki textures on the 2.3 7thheaven catalog?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Very newer yes