Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228737 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #150 on: 2011-08-25 03:29:41 »
Thanks guys  ;) Those kind words mean more to me than "dude how I pwned your cloud modl and download that sh*%, why its not werkin?" kinda things that fill my pm inbox to full every month or so. I prefer to communicate in complete and whole language.

This is, I kid you not, an actual quote:

Yo clouds a shizNIT mutha F. LOL shut-up u freak crazy- plses after seeing my ashey legs in the morn they would NOT like dat il git my neighbor do it as well we did it last year the dent come out 4 the rest of the year- well they did they jus practiced on the ohger side of the school hahaa

:o It makes me wonder if they were trying to talk to me and accidentally pasted something they accidentally copied...?

I believe this is the reason the more sane and novice members who try to ask me something sometimes don't get an answer from me. I'm sorry you few innocent guys!

To make this post less off topic. I promise you members and floaters that I will NOT give up on Cloud! And he will be awesome
« Last Edit: 2011-08-25 03:31:13 by apz freak »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2011-08-25 03:34:33 »

Those kind of people don't deserve the rights to be on Qhimm. Read the rules n00bs. Mind sharing a list (even if not complete) of people who sent you those kind of messages? Here or by PM, whatever.

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011-08-25 05:39:04 »
ei mr APZ do you have a plan to do also the field model of new cloud?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011-08-30 09:14:54 »
ei mr APZ do you have a plan to do also the field model of new cloud?
That correct answer is... a definite MAYBE. I don't know where my head space will be by the time I finally get this project done. I may or may not have the stamina or the drive to make the field model.

(p.s. I'm tickled that everyone in my pm box calls me polite names like "Sir" and "Mr Freak"  ;D )

Don't get me wrong... I totally want to make the field model! I really do! But I'm not sure yet if it's in the cards. But in the mean by guys... No more pm's about it please. It's one of the most asked questions. I'm sure I've said this several times (I'm not sure I haven't checked  :P ) But please no more.

But to answer yet another possible question: IF I DO make a field model IT WILL BE the chibi version like in the original game. I do not personally care for the regular size conversion mods. No offense! But it's not my cup of tea. I prefer it the way was.

And no, I'm sorry. But I won't answer any questions referring to my older "APZ CLOUD". Sorry. The customer service has run out on that one  ;) Besides... Wouldn't you want the better one I'm cooking up!? Just wait, it's not like FFVIIPC's getting any more outdated than it already is  ;D

Of course, I was wondering if I should do an anime face counterpart in addition to the current one!?!?! Just the face. So that it'll fit in more with the game. Basically what I mean is to recreate the "APZ CLOUD" with my new model. To make the populous happy, as well as myself. It'll fit in more with the other characters to have him be more anime like, and also using the same colors from the original one. That's the philosophy behind the design of APZ CLOUD.

<COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT>

(It's funny because I made APZ CLOUD '08-'09-ish and my memories are a bit hazy about it. When everyone dissected the texture file, I couldn't remember honestly if I used the face texture from Dissidia or not! To this day is the 80% painted face texture layer in the photoshop file turned off over the dreaded copied texture from Dissidia. You know the one what broke everyone's heart and lost the respect for me from a lot of people  :-[ ) I exaggerate But it seemed that way  8)

But that's the reason why I'm doing THIS Cloud! Not only will it be BETTER, with the new knowledge and skills I've acquired. But it's there as a peace offering to those who were upset and disappointed by my (dishonesty...?) um I dunno... My failure to create the entirety of my textures from scratch I guess!? (I still don't know exactly what "swiping UV's" means...? You can't easily copy the uv layout off of another model that has a different vertex order! My polys were hand crafted, I followed the structure of the Dissidia one, but I didn't just "Copy and Paste") Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But I was THERE!

It's funny to me because I wondered at the time if anyone might look at the polys of the head and compare it to the Dissidia model and call me out on it. I had APZ CLOUD's head with the Dissidia head right next to it when modeling it. It isn't exactly the same, but yes, I basically recreated it. I knew for my self that I didn't just "Copy and Paste" I wondered if I'd be accused of it. And well... I was!

Hilarity ensues! And I look back at my past self and I laugh at him, because he somehow knew.  :-D

</COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT>
« Last Edit: 2011-08-30 09:42:56 by apz freak »

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2011-08-30 18:38:25 »
yeah it's too bad copyright exists or else all the mods for this game would probably be complete by now and the game would be looking PS3 worthy....  but alas.. copyright laws slow progress down and stop the amazing things from happening.  Look at all the amazing things that come out of Japan and China.... they have no copyright laws and how is it hurting them?  it's only helping.. period.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2011-08-30 19:07:36 »
Apz, I wouldn't do an anime face. Though it might help meld your art with the rest of the game, I doubt it would truly fit even with the rest of the model. between highly detailed hair, and fairly realistic body proportions, it would stand out. The anime face needs an anime body too - tiny torso, long legs, oversized forarms, etc.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011-08-30 19:13:35 »
Apz, I wouldn't do an anime face. Though it might help meld your art with the rest of the game, I doubt it would truly fit even with the rest of the model. between highly detailed hair, and fairly realistic body proportions, it would stand out. The anime face needs an anime body too - tiny torso, long legs, oversized forarms, etc.

That's the point really. To put it into the game AT ALL yo have to go by the game's unrealistic proportions. I'm talking anime for the game only, not outside of it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2011-08-30 19:26:24 »
And I'm saying either go all in, not just the face, or don't :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011-08-30 20:44:11 »
And I'm saying either go all in, not just the face, or don't :P

We'll see :) If I ever get around to it.

therock17024

« Reply #159 on: 2011-08-30 21:49:59 »
Hi guys, im looking to convert APZ's CLoud model into a field model, has APZ ever relased one on this site, or has he ever allowed someone to release it ? I really want to know how to convert it to a field since I think its the absolute best model for Cloud. Thanks in advance.

Kίпg Ģµяµ

• Now in HD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2011-08-30 23:14:43 »
Um I think you should for his permission first lol. Besides, he said if he wanted to make a field cloud model, it's gonna be a chibi version  :P

therock17024

« Reply #161 on: 2011-08-30 23:40:52 »
I said I wanted to learn how to make it first, can't release something if you dont know how to do it. I already know asking the creators for permission is part of the rules. Can anyone else provide the steps for it ? Im sure I cant just extract them from battle.lgp and save them into field.lgp by renaming the files ? Or can i ?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011-08-30 23:53:17 »
You need advanced skills to do that. You can ask in the PRP thread.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2011-08-31 05:44:13 »
Yes, please check the PRP Thread. And use that as a starting point to branch off of. I have no interest in it. I understand that you want to take my old APZ Cloud and turn him into a field model and not release it, just for yourself. But that requires a lot more than just renaming files.

Unfortunately no, I can't really help you there. I have enough trouble explaining animation and 3DS Max and Maya and After Effects to the students I tutor. I'm pretty booked. And besides... I honestly haven't even opened ANY of the FFVIIPC tools since 2009. I'm bound to have forgotten nearly all of it! I'll have to relearn all over again.

(and the only reason I've been posting more than usual is because it keeps my mind active on as little sleep as I get. So I can keep working on my school projects without passing out!)

I wish I had a screenshot to keep this thread focused, but I don't have anything that's any more than the last post:

That's NOT the final head... The file with that hair model got corrupted or something when I opened it in 3DS Max 2012 and tried to save it to 2011. No worries, I wasn't 100% on it, and it wasn't final anyways...

I work iteratively, (as in cloudv01.max, cloudv02.max, cloudv03.max) So we're SAFE! and there was no monitor screaming like in the old days  ;) Just a quick sigh and a shrug. Nothing was lost that was gold.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011-08-31 16:50:52 »
i think i mentioned this way back, but the crotch/butt is too low.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011-08-31 20:04:41 »
Yeah, it must have happened when I was doing whatever with the belts. Soft selection type stuff. Didn't get around the raising his in-seam when I made the screenshot. I was trying to match the belts and the bangle to rendered pictures of Zack and Cloud as best as possible, wasn't paying attention to his crotch  ;)

ferruz96

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2011-09-11 16:51:42 »
the buster sword looks impressive!!! awesome work apz!!! and the cloud model too!!!!!!! you are the best men

Skopin

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011-12-22 03:16:54 »
Just wondering if you've made any more progress on this model? I recently started playing FF7 again with a lot of the newest mods out, and from what I've seen, this is by far the best looking Cloud model ever made. Not to bump the thread with a simple progress report request, but I'm really looking forward to this one. I loved the last one you did, and this one looks even better.

Also, out of curiosity, do you have any plans to do any other character models?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011-12-23 21:29:19 »
I would love to do different character models! But my free time has gone out the window. I'm still in school, I have a 1 year old, I'm interning at Sony, and I'm developing a music video for a musician. I'm just straight up SWAMPED! But don't give up hope yet, I REALLY want to finish this project. And I AM NOT ABANDONING THIS PROJECT

This Cloud will be completed and I also want to do the dlc different versions of him. In the same vein as the different Batmans for Arkham City.

As far as other characters...? I might make a few if for no other reason than for my art portfolio. And I'll leave it to the community to chop them up and code them into the game, I just don't think I'll have the time.

Skopin

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011-12-31 17:00:51 »
Ah, good stuff. Congrats on interning with Sony! Hard work pays off.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012-01-14 10:18:06 »
I wasn't aware about story behind your first APZ Cloud, I didn't understood why it wasn't here anymore ! And anyway I found it a moment ago...

All that I want to say, it's I'm an addicted about your APZ Cloud (and after all, you know it's used by many people), I'm a beginner, and trying to make other HQ models, but I consider Cloud/Barret  perfect as it.

Now I understand why you are doing it, and just want to say, go for it, you have all needed skills and I know your model will be really great ! I will take a look back later, even if I really like the one I'm using !

Edit : I would not be that joyfull concerning Sony... and their policy ^^ Open Source isn't really what Sony like ... Maybe Microsoft was better ^^ I'm not sure they'll appreciate your models, they are more like to sue every Open Source code on court (they work like that lol) and they won (big wallets allways won, it must be justice ^^) ! So if they can made it with Open Source code, I wouldn't imagine about this kind of stuff :/ Anyway, congratulations XD
« Last Edit: 2012-01-14 10:29:04 by Kyo13 »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012-06-11 08:49:31 »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 20 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

I would love to post a new reply thank you  ;)

OKAY The thing you guys have all been waiting to hear IS>>>>>>

That I still want to do this! PLUS~ When I finally get around to it, I have 10 times the talent that I had even 1 year ago (which means... about the last time I actually checked this board)

THE BAD NEWS. I'm the intrepid father who's trying to graduate and work a full time job to keep my wife and kid fed and I'm kinda REALLY busy!!!  :(

I don't wanna be that guy. Well... I DO  ;) But I don't like to abandon things that I want to do.

I WANT TO DO THIS CLOUD THING FOR YOU GUYS But life is hard man!  :P I pull about 2 all nighters a week.

<off topic>And for those of you who've read my inane ramblings about how dramatic my life is... IT GOT WORSE!!!! Last January some serious life changing bullmoore happened that threatened my sanity and family. TWO separate and equally soul crushing things happened within 2 days. I can't talk about it obviously... Let's just say the damage is pretty permanent, and a man I used to respect will be in jail for the rest of his life, a family member of mine will need counseling... And a person I love very much will never speak to me again... But no more elaboration is needed. I live in a soap opera is what I'm trying to say</off topic>

ANYWAYS! You can't keep a good dog down, and I'm still kicking!

All the work on this page that you've seen so far...? Scrapped!

But no worries. I can pump this guy out in a week with the talent I've accrued (Which involved working at Sony Online Entertainment for 3 months) And with my new fangled ZBrush skills, he'll be pretty and accurate and retopo'd with a nice clean simple mesh. I'll even bake out a normals and spec map for you people with the Aali's custom driver.

I'll take screenshots to track my progress and explain what I'm doing in each step, it could be used as a how-to of sorts for those that are interested in learning these skills. (Time tracking is VERY important in the video game field! GET USED TO TRACKING YOUR TIME if you want to be a part of that kind of work!!!)

AAAAAAAAAAND... FUDGE IT!  :P I'll go ahead and rerelease my old APZ Cloud Model with a brand new painted face so no one can complain! (Hey, it's better than waiting for my life to slow down again right!?)

I'll post about it later in the week after my finals on Tuesday... I'll quickly repaint the face (with that shiggity one I still have half completed on a layer in the photoshop file) And make the post so you people can finally be happy about it being back  ::)

--(Why didn't I do this earlier? Cause I really wanted to make a Cloud that blew it out of the water! But after FOUR ALMOST FIVE YEARS people are STILL emailing me about my APZ Cloud... THAT MEANS SOMETHING!!! That means people loved it more than most big budget summer movies! Granted it's not my intellectual property... but folks loved my work ferociously regardless)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #172 on: 2012-06-11 13:07:59 »
+1000000...0!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2012-06-11 16:39:35 »
Yippie-Kai-Yay Mother f!... gosh im excited lol, btw dude you should fix up your life first y'know but meh depends on the situation hope you get things settled again and good to see you spend your critical time on this cloud model, good luck! :)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2012-06-11 17:26:26 »
Glad to hear it