Author Topic: Finally got the Avalanche Overhaul to start, (after getting an old Aali reg.)  (Read 2833 times)

JimGetzey

Any now my game immediately crashes upon startup.  "ff7.exe has stopped working".

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, 6GB of RAM, nVidia GeForce 8600GTS, so I'm good hardware wise.

It was loading the PRP, but after I added this Overhaul it's crashing.  Any insight as to what may have happened?

On a side not I'm glad to see such an active community keeping this game alive.  I had a feeling if I did some digging I'd find a damn close remake of this game for the PC.   Keep up the good work guys.   :)

JimGetzey

Okay so I tried reinstalling everything and now my game folder only has a data folder.  No save folder or anything like that, yet it's still pulling saved games from a previous install.  What's going on?

No double posting please.  Thanks
« Last Edit: 2010-08-13 16:02:48 by athleticbear »

OwenWalker

• View Profile
It'll have saved to program files(x86) as you're using 64 bit.

I assume your old one was saved to just program files as you used PRP

Also there is a specific thread for problems with 2D overhaul. Look at the stickied post. No need to create a new thread.

JimGetzey

I figured it out, there were still traces of the PRP mucking it up.  Thanks for the pointer, I'll take it to there from now on.