Author Topic: super slow downloads  (Read 4261 times)

stephenseiber

• View Profile
super slow downloads
« on: 2020-03-03 22:29:54 »
trying to download qhimm spell,media and feild textures. my download speeds are fluctuating between 1KB/s and 650KB/s. my download speed is 50MB/s. is there anything that could be causing this?

also receive this error
Spoiler: show
16:24:02|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Spell Textures - Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
16:24:02|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginEndReadAsync>b__43_1(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at _7thHeaven.Code.FileDownloadTask.<Start>d__42.MoveNext()
16:24:02|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error occurred downloading/installing Spell Textures - Failed Downloading Spell Textures
16:24:02|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Failed Downloading Spell Textures

when this error shows up it stops the download and then instead of resuming it when i try to download it agian it wipes the old file and redownloads from scratch
as it stands right now cant download the spells textures.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 22:44:01 by stephenseiber »

stephenseiber

• View Profile
Re: super slow downloads
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-03 22:41:53 »
cant delete this comment
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 22:44:58 by stephenseiber »

stephenseiber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-04 07:04:49 »
ended up having to find out where the launcher is downloading the mods from then download them in a browser still slow but faster then the launcher. then find out what the launcher names them and rename them to match.
http://pastebin.com/raw/EpQBv5PL

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-04 14:15:29 »
Because there were only several hundred people downloading these things (1800+ just for 7H itself, individual mods were typically in the 400-ish range) and pushing over 1.5Gb/sec.  Things actually held up a lot better than we expected, and I haven't even gotten the torrents fully populated yet.

Prophet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-14 20:34:15 »
Wait so... can someone explain in layman terms why the download speed is so slow...I am download everything now and I am only getting 444KB/s....and I have really fast internet so that should be the issue.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-15 03:34:36 »
Would guess a lot of people that arent into the remake decided to download 7th heaven and mods this past week.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-15 12:59:38 »
Would guess a lot of people that arent into the remake decided to download 7th heaven and mods this past week.
That's exactly our suspicion... we've done some server tweaks and I'm bringing corneo (the torrent tracker) back online to help.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-15 13:03:44 »
That's exactly our suspicion... we've done some server tweaks and I'm bringing corneo (the torrent tracker) back online to help.

Thank you very much.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-15 13:10:55 »
Wait so... can someone explain in layman terms why the download speed is so slow...I am download everything now and I am only getting 444KB/s....and I have really fast internet so that should be the issue.

In layman's terms...you're why the download speed is slow. You and hundreds of people like you.  :P

We didn't anticipate so many people using 7th Heaven to download mods when the Remake was released. The server is just busy. We're adding additional mirrors/links on http://7thheaven.rocks very soon.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-15 19:40:20 »
In layman's terms...you're why the download speed is slow. You and hundreds of people like you.  :P

We didn't anticipate so many people using 7th Heaven to download mods when the Remake was released. The server is just busy. We're adding additional mirrors/links on http://7thheaven.rocks very soon.

Did you want me help with reuploading them too other host sites, I can upload to skydrive and google drive.

Relyn1981

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-04-15 20:00:54 »
well at least I know its not just me getting slow downloads on the huge files

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #11 on: 2020-04-15 20:04:10 »
Did you want me help with reuploading them too other host sites, I can upload to skydrive and google drive.

I think we're good with what we have. Mirrors are up on http://7thheaven.rocks with more to come.