Author Topic: Jmp's Field Scenes  (Read 188819 times)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] Recreating scenes in 3D
« Reply #225 on: 2016-05-23 20:42:39 »
What about just replacing the field of FF7.exe via injection dll? It might be possible to embed unreal within the field.

That is a really, really good idea, and probably the only feasible way of getting what we all want. Sounds tricky, but less tricky than rewriting entire game logic for ogre3d

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #226 on: 2016-05-23 20:45:05 »
Could you explain your idea with a simplified language which has permettrais everyone to understand what is your idea? I create this topic for 3D modeling and coding talking, then I am nothing more about the topic that I create .. You understand?

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2016-05-23 20:54:34 »
Could you explain your idea with a simplified language which has permettrais everyone to understand what is your idea? I create this topic for 3D modeling and coding talking, then I am nothing more about the topic that I create .. You understand?

Sorry to derail from your awesome fields. The ff7.exe contains the logic that turns the models and art into an actual game. Within ff7.exe, it's internals are structured into modules. One of the modules handles gameplay/3d/logic when in the field, there's a module that makes the menus etc. It could be possible to bypass the field module in ff7.exe and just hand the art/geometry off to a fully fledged game engine like unity.

That's the ELI5 version, it's harder than it sounds unfortunately

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #228 on: 2016-05-23 21:01:14 »
The in moin I have understood .
This subject may be boring . It faudrais possibly study the issue and once built the project , create a topic that could do operate. Thereafter, I could share my models in low poly that he faudrais texturing via software using ...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2016-05-24 12:17:53 »
jmp434,

your latest scene is again wonderful! I am sorry it does feel it takes forever to redo the game. You are incredibly fast but you are still alone at the moment. But I hope DynamixDJ can become a valid asset soon! He can learn a lot from you and has already produced a nice work!

Keep it up! ;)

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #230 on: 2016-05-24 19:03:00 »
I make a concept for the banister, what do you think of the idea? I wanted to keep the original idea of a metal railing thinking of the slums, so recovery pipes to build this one, I also think to make the fixing of the shelf like this to follow my idea :)

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2016-05-24 20:02:35 »
jmp434,

your latest scene is again wonderful! I am sorry it does feel it takes forever to redo the game. You are incredibly fast but you are still alone at the moment. But I hope DynamixDJ can become a valid asset soon! He can learn a lot from you and has already produced a nice work!

Keep it up! ;)
Too bad everyone else who was capable has for some reason stopped recreating scenes, so jmp343 and DynamixDJ are our only hope at the moment, lol. Please keep up the amazing work, guys. :)

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2016-05-24 20:57:10 »
As I explained to JMP in a PM, I cannot fully commit to this project for varying reasons, the main one being that I am going to have to return to my walkthrough soon, as I haven't been working on that for a few months now, and that is my main project. I also have a number of smaller side projects for FFVII, however this project is by far the most inspiring, and I will be returning periodically to do a scene from time to time. Once my guide is finished, I will be free to indulge in the other things I have going on, namely this project.

The problem is, there is a world of learning to do in this field, and given the fact that I spend 40 hrs a week doing a job I hate, I am left with very little time and energy to learn, and I don't want to be making half-arsed scenes; each scene is a work of art, and needs to be treated as such. JMP's speed and skill amazes me.

Lastly, sorry to go off-topic bit it's woth noting: (as an example of how the qhimm forums have inspired me) I do not want to spend the rest of my life doing crap work for crap money, so this year I am inquiring with my local University and College about enrolling on a course in Computer Science and Mathematics. If that ends up happening, then it stands a very strong chance be that I will have to completely step away from the world of Final Fantasy. Not forever....
« Last Edit: 2016-05-24 21:54:35 by DynamixDJ »

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #233 on: 2016-05-24 21:59:28 »

Here the idea of the ramp pre-rendered :)
Hoping it comes in layers .. 4 hours of work above ^^
I took more time on the ramp as the rest of the field lol
Finally I hope you enjoy this one :)

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #234 on: 2016-05-24 22:01:24 »
Yes Dynamix, a fair limit model and I take care of texture, made just attention have almost correct dimmensions please, and rugs, just faires rectangle, round, finally in the form it has, but not to the decorations in 3D. I redo all under one :) photoshop paint textures lol

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2016-05-24 22:36:06 »
Errmm, sorry JMP I'm not sure I understand... I think you're saying I model and you finish the scene... That can work, because I won't lie, when it comes to the finishing touches, I feel out of my depth, amateur, and I don't want to make something that is un-worthy....

I meant to say also, I have a week booked of work next week, so I definitely want to finish corelin. I have already corrected the sofa using trupaint, I changed some of the textures to remove the reptition that you mentioned, the last thing to do was the rug, which I had a lot of difficulty with. Nothing I was trying was working, so I will try to install crazybump and add displacement that way. I hate to leave something unfinished that I have worked hard on, and I will finish this scene  :D

I have problems with Thea crashing. Everytime I go into the "structure" tab in the mat-lab, Thea will crash. It also crashes everytime I render. I think I may have set the subdivision too high, and it crashes because the preview is too much for the cpu to handle. Luckily I have an earlier version of corelin to work from, so I can export the rug that way
« Last Edit: 2016-05-24 22:38:41 by DynamixDJ »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2016-05-25 04:02:56 »
It looks great, jmp434!

DynamixDJ,

thanks for putting the time you can in recreating the scenes, despite the very limited time available.

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #237 on: 2016-05-25 10:38:02 »

final rendering of the scene, I request my friend Shampignon to the cuts via Palmer, too nervous to patience ... lol

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2016-05-28 13:54:33 »
I'm quite well known on GFaqs, so I've decided to create a topic to try to rally up some support:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/73799673

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #239 on: 2016-05-29 13:56:06 »
Thank you for this post that you create is seen parfais would be so many people joining this project, however, I allow myself to get a little break right now, not that I do not want just that I put myself in the learning 3ds max and I will try to work with him to do even better :)

NeuroticNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2016-06-02 07:27:29 »
This... looks... amazing..

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #241 on: 2016-06-05 10:35:21 »
elmtow online :)

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2016-06-11 22:49:53 »

Rendering high-quality :) I have taken the liberty of creating a different mat :p
Those Skyrim weapons are jarring. Lots of assets from other authors and games in these backgrounds.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2016-06-12 00:59:36 »
And only a picture of these assets. Non of the models are accessible and he don't share them. Might be a greyzone, but honestly to fasten things I would do the same.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #244 on: 2016-06-13 21:01:27 »
I don't know how much of a grey zone it is really. A few years back I asked the most active Admin at the time if we could share background images made from renders of Crisis Core assets and I was told no, because it was against the no ripped content rule. If that has changed since it is just a render of the asset and not the actual asset that would be great. I would love confirmation one way or the other on this.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2016-06-14 03:23:28 »
The difference is that these models are non commercial and are also not really ripped. However if you make a picture of something who is then the author you or the people who made the object from what you made the picture of? Also if you make a video of something then who is then the author? If a mp3 of the very same song in wav isn't a problem (which is only a degradation of information), then why should be a picture of a 3D asset be a problem?
Everything depends on the on if your pic would hurt the copyright or not and if it is clearly disallowed to make pictures of the game.

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #246 on: 2016-06-14 06:30:06 »
hi friends , I did not remove the ax skyrim not. I ve just find an ax on the net and around the image by adding relief then there , I have to use photoshop and speed
painting to color. However. If the model bother j retravaillerais there ☺ . Just a question. Given the rendering time of which I have need. J have ordered a new pc . I l wait?

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #247 on: 2016-06-17 19:45:06 »
Sorry for my absence .. There is the Euro 2016 at the moment ^^.
Received my new diet with the new box and hard drive.
Next month, I command motherboard, CPU and RAM.

Small gift :)
I still have to optimize everything :)

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2016-06-17 21:08:36 »
 :D

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #249 on: 2016-06-23 12:41:49 »

Right model crisis core which I use as reference.
Left my model . Optimize for photorealistic rendering :)

We can not use the other to remake our Performers play cards, but nothing prevents us to use it in reference ! The goal is to get closer to the best of the original idea :)

After I let you guess where this column is put into play ^^