Author Topic: Aeris model wip  (Read 21579 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Aeris model wip
« Reply #25 on: 2009-07-16 05:31:09 »
Yeah, I like it so far. Maybe take the waistline down just a touch though?
I am in agreement  :-)

Is her head a little too big... or is that just me?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-07-16 05:36:04 »
I'll be using all of your advice as best possible, but keep in mind, its ff7! this is nomura art, where barrets fist = tifa's upper body. I have to make some compromise between realism and anime proportions. that being said, i'm doing my best to make her... "work" more to come tmrw... i think

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-16 06:14:21 »
I'll be using all of your advice as best possible, but keep in mind, its ff7! this is nomura art, where barrets fist = tifa's upper body. I have to make some compromise between realism and anime proportions. that being said, i'm doing my best to make her... "work" more to come tmrw... i think

I prefer the proportions in Kingdom Hearts as it seems to do just that!

Yeah this is definitely more of a challenge than my Cloud. But it presents the same problems. When you add the "anime" element things go screwy! But There is wisdom in observing the "relative" proportion as opposed to "actual" proportion, when dealing with anime. Usually all this means is the same body scale only thinner, but the stylish choice is to have a smaller torso and longer legs, the path Nomura takes.

I would say to REALLY get modeling pretty girls is to DRAW pretty girls. This drills things in your head far more than modeling first. It lays a concrete backing for your mind to refer to. Even if you're not that great of a drawer, trust me it helps!

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-16 11:39:56 »
I really like how she looks so far. While I will admit that her proportions look odd, you ARE keeping to the proportions of the original model, which is probably the best thing to do in terms of animation (she'll probably look a lot better when animated in the game). With that said though I think you could stand to perhaps push her boobs together a bit more though to make her upper torso appear thinner. The side view suggests a rather modest chest while the front view suggests a Tifa chest. :P

I'm glad you've poofed out the shoulders, like I said it really does help to frame the figure, and her shoulders look a lot less awkward as well. Keep in mind that the poofy shoulders will also help when it comes to animation, as the seam between arm and shoulder will be less noticeable. She also looks a lot more complete now that you've added her little tiddly hair bits that come over her shoulder (excessively long sideburns?).

As for the ponytail, I suggest looking at her Kingdom Hearts model (either 1 or 2, both seem to do it well). Also, don't forget her excessively huge pink bow! (everything about FF7 seems to be excessively huge, whether it's Barret's hands or Cloud's sword!)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-28 05:00:41 »
Discussion has been moved to here.