Author Topic: Tifa model  (Read 25167 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Tifa model
« on: 2009-07-02 16:01:02 »
Okay! now that the barret model is more or less done (minus importing it ingame) the next character that players of FF7 will find themselves recruiting is Tifa.

Progress is going a little bit slower than i thought for her, and I'm having trouble deciding how exactly to execute her hair, right now i'm modeling it as seen in AC and the ff7 10th anniversary render

reference:

other options are something more along the style in kh2, or just like good ol ff7 (nomura artwork, with very spiked bangs)

note: I know her face looks kind of funny, its not quite done yet.

Opine

• View Profile
Re: Tifa model
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-02 16:03:05 »
I love it so far. Her nose looks perfect! (I don't know why the nose is what really stands out to me.)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-02 16:10:58 »
I think that is the perfect artwork choice to model her after

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-02 18:54:45 »
I like the reference you are using in your original post, it's definitely the way to go.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-02 20:17:48 »
I've decided (thx hermoor) to go with tetsuya's original anime/manga style, so spikes it is, heres another wip, with most of the head done.

messed with the mouth a bit, i think it needs to b scaled a bit vertically.

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-02 20:24:15 »
Maybe now is a good time for this too:

I started on her last month, and it may be a long time before she gets finished so hopefully this should apease you guys a little.  :lol:

Slayersnext's Tifa inspired me a lot, as you can probably tell.

She has KH2 Tifa head, and her body is using texture-maps from Hunter's JKA Tifa.
I used CC Cissnei's beach-wear model as the base, but I had to modify it quite extensively so her proportions matched the original Nomura sketch more.
Her face was also tweaked so it isn't the same as the KH2 version.

I started working on fixing her hair a few days ago, so it still looks a little choppy (and she doesn't have a ponytail yet either).
She is coming along though, and I will continue to work on her whenever I get time to spare.

Elena has been put on the back seat for now. Tifa is far more important right now, me-thinks  :-D

I had originally planned to "donate" her to MrAdults for his AVALANCHE game, but I decided not to because I believe his project deserves a BETTER Tifa model than what I can ever make.

So she will be making her appearance here in NeoCloud and Espio's Mod instead  :-)

You probably have seen this.. but anyways I still think this fits the original model the best, any use to ya?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-03 01:49:27 »
head is done! I havn't optimized it yet, so the poly count is still up there. Once thats done the body is next so keep your eyes open for updates :D

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-03 01:57:06 »
heh not bad at all..  maybe i should shut my project down since it seems he can work more than me,  but great job anyway.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-03 02:03:05 »
silliness. Not everyone wants this style, thus you must continue your work. so go forth and give us updates!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-03 02:05:17 »
If nothing else ya'll could combine efforts and knock them out twice as fast.  I'm sure I speak for most everyone here when I say I would much rather use these custom made models than ones imported from other games.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-03 02:10:47 »
ZOMG it's a dolphin!

http://www.giantbusts.co.uk/acatalog/SWBIB.png

I must say that I'm disappointed. "Giant busts" made me think that the pic was going to remind us of a different aspect of Tifa's appearance.  :cry:

heh not bad at all..  maybe i should shut my project down since it seems he can work more than me,  but great job anyway.

Ah, the more the merrier  :-D

There's been a huge amount of modeling work done recently, and for several different characters; just what we need. My faith in these forums is being slowly brought back  :-)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-03 03:14:46 »
UPPER BODY DESU!

again, its not optimised, but to give you guys a sense of shape and what it'll be like. legs n shoes to come!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-07-03 03:17:21 »
UPPER BODY DESU!
Lol.
Man you work fast!!
Also, umm, maybe you would like to consider keeping her "pony tail" like the original photo you posted?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-07-03 04:15:45 »
*queue victory fanfare*

Okay pretty well done this model. I might adjust the end of the pony tail to get rid of the dolphin looks, as I found it always looked kind of silly. Then i'll unwrap it and ship it off to millenia.

hope you all like it, any ideas and suggestions are still welcome!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-07-03 04:19:33 »
Well, i hate to say this but.. Shoes are a little to thick. and either her skirt is to high, legs are to long, Or her midsection is to short. Though i have no modeling experience.. So i can't really talk :oops:

Otherwise. AWESOME JOB :-D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-07-03 04:45:09 »
made a few quick tweaks and much happier with it.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-07-03 04:47:17 »
Fixed up the torso to leg ratio. looks MUCH better. Feet seem a little long from the side view though. and shoes seem a little thick.
looking at it again it looks fine. Just seem to long. Kinda reminds of my KH1 :-P

Also, noting (i feel rather perverse saying this) but aren't her breasts suppose to be larger..?

I feel like a greedy kid now.. :oops:

But just trying to give you some insight. Feel free to shut me up haha :-P
« Last Edit: 2009-07-03 04:49:46 by hellbringer616 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-07-03 04:58:52 »
You are absolutely right~! *100 xp to hellbringer616*
while i was optimizing i lost a bit on the bottom of the breasts, but be comforted, it is back!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-07-03 05:00:45 »
Very very nice :-D

Only issue i have left is her feet (kinda large). after that. You'll have a perfect Tifa model.

Friend comments her breasts should be perkier (pushed up a bit more) But i think they look good (that sounds wrong...)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-07-03 05:18:30 »
the feet are rather long in the original model. The ones in mine are a bit shorter, and maintaining the size and scale of the original model is so it looks good when animated.

As to her breasts, look at the nomura art, she actually has a fair bit of sag, and common... its tifa :P

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-07-03 05:19:40 »
Thats what i said haha. I'm still not a fan of the feet though, I think they should be shortened to just after, or just at the last line they pass in the picture, But, it's your model. and it looks fantastic :-D

Probably will look better in game.

Are you planning on doing this as both field and battle models?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-03 05:21:35 by hellbringer616 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-07-03 05:29:30 »
This will be the battle model, and for field i will release a chibi version, scaled to the normal field models (think apz's cloud, though he has yet to release the field version).

why do this? face it, the field backgrounds are made for chibi characters :P

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-07-03 05:31:05 »
Maybe it's cause my backgrounds are stretched all to hell due to my resolution i play at, But like full size field models haha.

But i'll take any battle model improvement :-D

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-07-03 15:02:13 »
if u dont mind me adding my 2 cents.  Looking at your pictures a few things pop out at me.  First and Foremost the feet just look too wide and long for her feminine bodykinda looks like she cut off barrets feet and shrunk them with a mini spell and trys to pretend nothing happend as she walks away LOL sorry.   And stomach should se more between her breast and skirt should have a bit more than that.  and last this im wondering if you made the hair a bit.... thick it seems almost like a helmet when u look at it right.  But these were only crits to help not insult feel free to tell me to stfu lol this is your models u do them your way.

Lionfist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-07-05 12:45:41 »
if this is the battle model,and we look at the "original" (the ff7 battle model) her feet is really tht long, and her breasts should be "much" (seems to be different who thinks what is much) bigger.