Author Topic: How fast did you beat FFVII?  (Read 39041 times)

Chesso

• View Profile
How fast did you beat FFVII?
« Reply #75 on: 2005-01-28 20:08:17 »
Some people just don't like it i can understand it fine but i write like that sometimes too. I do however try to avoid writing that much at once heh.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #76 on: 2005-01-28 23:25:42 »
i jstu type really fast and im lazy so i dont really bother to go back and check whats right or not

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005-01-29 04:24:01 »
Perhaps thats the problem, people are lazy and dont care.

The way people perceive you has alot to do with the way you write and spell (what you have to say also plays a big role obvsiously) . I think you could atleast try to take a little time just to prevent simple things like making sure you don't scramble the word just.

And ontop of that, how can people take what you have to say seriously when you dont even take writting it seriously?

Just a little insight on the subject. :\

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005-01-29 05:26:26 »
Perhaps off topic but i just thought id say if my posts are a little scrambled and i do not notice or cant fix it it is due to my keyboard playing up. For some reason from time to time some keys decide not to work i think it is the connection from keyboard to the pc that is the problem.

Ive had alot of problems with passwords and usernames trying to sign in and stuff it gets really annoying.

Anyway has anyone finished the game recently? i started but got bored mainly by the bits i always hated. Don't you just hate the start going through midgar i always have.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005-02-10 10:21:03 »
Quote from: Jari Huttunen
Oh hell. :evil:

While it is possible to write a grammatically sound 200 word sentence, it doesn't mean that everyone should try writing one. :z

Pffft. Doesn't even use any colons or semicolons :P

Edit: I actually checked an essay I wrote where I used long sentencing... but it turned out the sentance was only 60 words long... bleh.
And that sentance is really boring. I can't read it after the first couple of lines...
Whoever wrote that should be slapped.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #80 on: 2005-02-10 12:43:58 »
Punctuation is your friend; that includes the sentence delimiter, or "dot". While certainly not to be overused either, a lack of it produces sentences so wide your brain can't keep the entire meaning in focus at once. A well-crafted balance of punctuation and sentence style keeps your message clear and easy to read, something everyone on this forum is highly encouraged to strive for.

Oh, and Jari may be a bit of a typing Nazi, but consider him a good measure of the quality of your posts. If you write posts he can't complain about (well, form-wise at least), you're on the right track. You also get the added benefit of people actually understanding what you say.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005-02-10 22:57:19 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Punctuation is your friend; that includes the sentence delimiter, or "dot". While certainly not to be overused either, a lack of it produces sentences so wide your brain can't keep the entire meaning in focus at once. [/i].

I'll note that in short-term memory, people generally have 5, 7 or 9 memory slots.
This means you have up to 9 places to store information.
However, people 'chunk' (I think that's what it's called) things. So home telephone number, when you re-call it, will take up one slot, as it is one object in your long-term memory.
So, therefore, if your sentance grammar is sound and normal, each clause (part of the sentance) won't take up more than one or two slots (or at least that's how it is for me: I can't claim to generalise my ability to everyone else; not everyone else spends so much time browsing writen text :P), so, more than 5 clauses seriously pushes it.

Anyway, just some random information I thought related to this topic... Don't really have any big reason behind posting it. Maybe I just wanted to show off my 'C' at AS Psychology...? ^_^

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #82 on: 2005-02-13 20:15:24 »
eh i used to type really slow, but then i started to play eq. that game chagned my typing ability because i played a character who only had a few moments in fights to talk (type) so i would madly type and didnt have time for much punctuation or corrections ^^

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005-02-13 21:19:52 »
Lol i get that like in THPS3 playing multiplayer when your half way through a combo people start throwing questions at you and you have to type like mad and try keep your balance.

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005-02-14 05:27:15 »
I learnt to speed type in CS since it's so hard to direct stuff in firefights without a microphone.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #85 on: 2005-02-15 01:12:23 »
EWWW CS BURN IN HELL

(along with all you ffxi players, i hate you too ><)

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005-02-15 05:11:46 »
Quote from: Lieron
EWWW CS BURN IN HELL

I can agree with you about FFXI but CS is awesome!

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #87 on: 2005-02-15 23:17:53 »
its full of 7 yr olds who have mics and yell your mom, noob, or owned every 5 secs

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005-02-15 23:42:44 »
Quote from: Jari Huttunen

Isn't it kind of sad that native English speakers seem to be worst writers of English online?

I think it because they have to know it and that theres little effort put into learning it that no one seems to mind to mangle it, myself included :oops:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005-02-17 01:05:05 »
Quote from: Lieron

So quick to pass judgement on something you've never played.  -_-

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #90 on: 2005-02-17 14:04:13 »
played it....

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005-02-17 21:20:05 »
A week isnt enough time  :x

I love the game. It makes me fight and suffer for everything, from getting enough gil to get a piece of armor, to unlocking new missions for my country. Thats why I never feel bad for the ones who quit, they cant take the challenge. But if you're willing to actually work hard and earn everything you get, it's the most rewarding game ever.

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005-02-17 22:12:00 »
I don't like games like FFXI or WoW either it pisses me off when they deliver all these nice games and then decide to pull this crap out. But that's because i hate online only games.

I don't mind a bit of online play but that being my only option it just sucks.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #93 on: 2005-02-18 04:03:03 »
btw ima  big fan of eq and coh, i jstu hate ff11

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #94 on: 2005-02-18 12:10:31 »
Grammar police on patrol.

Quote from: A Good 200-Word Sentence
…eye-popping leap that they were capable of a few years ago…

Should be “…eye-popping leap that of which they were capable a few years ago…”.

Lieron, you and I are complete opposites.
While I type quickly, I actually take the time to proofread what I have written, with extra care to be perfectly grammatically correctilly.

It may be a forum (or a chat room [and yes, I type like this there, too, and have been banned for it many times]) but there is no excuse for laziness or sloppy typing.

People say, “Oh, I only type like slop when I am online, but if it is official, I type properly,” but why is it that when I read their “official” typing, it’s still slop?

Well, maybe it does not matter to anyone else, but at least I know I am putting forth my best effort to produce the highest quality work of which I am capable, regardless of significance.

L. Spiro

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #95 on: 2005-02-18 12:17:59 »
It matters, and for the record Lieron is about half an inch from getting a warning for his outrageously bad typing.

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005-02-18 12:33:47 »
grammatically correctilly

Are you making words up  :P

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #97 on: 2005-02-19 16:44:07 »
it not thaaat bad...

J*** H*******

« Reply #98 on: 2005-02-20 02:45:00 »
Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005-02-20 03:36:34 »
What's wrong with his avatar? Perhaps he should resize it or something?

My own question here what's with this ; I don't remember this being part of grammer and what not. Your'e also flaming him and i don't see him doing the same to you so it's a bit uncalled for. Calling him a loser isn't going to get him to listen any better either.