Author Topic: Catalog 2.0 is HERE!  (Read 17879 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Catalog 2.0 is HERE!
« on: 2016-01-06 20:00:56 »
Speech...Speech...Speech...

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their continued support through this entire process. It is this community, and everyone new who comes along the way, that keeps me motivated and pushing further. I can still remember when Iros first released the 7th Heaven tool (then called 7th Wrapper) and getting that envision to create this Catalog. I'm not a programmer, coder, modeler, or artist, but I always wanted to contribute something to the FF7 modding community. I think I've found that hitch now, and boy has it brought me a long ways since the first IRO I created. I've become so much faster...more efficient...more confident in myself and my abilities to contribute to this community. To that, I owe it all thanks to you guys and gals who use my hard work to enjoy their beloved FF7 in a whole new way. Seeing the excitement and praise come to life here on the forums is why I continue with my work.

Aaaaaaand, here's to many more updates to come *cheers* :)

Updates Report and Mod Requests

Moving on, below is the latest Update Report. I've already taken the honors of listing the first mod requests for the next update, but feel free to chime in anything you discover through your gameplays. I certainly do NOT have the time to play each mod through the game entirely...in fact, that would be physically impossible with how many modded variations we can play with now. I expect bugs, and I've prepared myself for them to come. I just hope they come in few and far between numbers :-P

Update Reports and Mod Requests: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15902.0

Getting Started with Catalog 2.0

So here's what you need to do. Read carefully because the number ONE issue that happens most often with modding is...user error! If you take your time and follow the steps, it'll be a breeze. Here we goooo...

First, EVERYONE needs to open 7H and go to Workshop -> Settings. Now delete the old Catalog 1.0 link. Next, EVERYONE go into their C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop folder and delete the Catalog.xml file. The next time you open 7H, you will be putting in the new Catalog subscription link and clicking the Workshop -> Check subscriptions now. This will create a new Catalog.xml that you just deleted with the most updated Catalog information.

Second, we have TWO scenarios you need to ask yourself.

1) Have I never modded, modified, or altered my game folder in anyway outside of using the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe?

2) Have I modded, modified, or altered my game folder in anyway? (e.g. using installers like Bootleg Configurator, The Reunion, or tools to manually mod my files)

If you answer YES to number 1), then you are clear to head over to the Written Tutorial and start from STEP 1. Yes, you need to download and run the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe and choose the Overwrite option. There are a couple key changes to it that you don't want to miss out on (read about them in the Update Reports).

If you answer YES to number 2), then you need to follow the good old procedure of uninstalling everything, cleaning your registry keys, and starting with a fresh install. Sorry to say it, but I don't want to deal with that lingering monster that's been waiting for the Catalog 2.0 update to fill your dreams with nightmare. It happens all the time, trust me. JUST DO IT! After you've fresh installed, continue with the Written Tutorial at STEP 1.

EVERYONE Read This, Please

STEP 3 of the Written Tutorial has been updated with an important piece of information. I have included FOUR .EXE files with the new FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe which are used for either The Reunion - Beacause, New Threat, or Sephiroth Story Mod. Please take the time to read STEP 3 carefully and remember to point the FF7 Exe path to the correct .EXE for whichever mod you have activated to play.

Also, STEP 5 has some updated information talking about the new Compatibility feature built into the 7H tool. If you read about it and view the images, you shouldn't be alarmed by it.

Lastly, take careful note of the NEW LOAD ORDER that is to be used with the mod categories. It's quite simple really, but anything is difficult if you don't read about it first.

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this crazy, sleep deprived post. I'm going to bed 8-)

P.S. The donation link is at the top of the Written Tutorial.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Catalog 2.0 is HERE!
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-06 20:44:14 »
You wonderful lady well have some sleep, take a holiday you deserve it, again thank you for all your hard work young lady. :) :D ;D :-* :-D :-) :-) 8-) :lol: :wink:
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06 20:53:00 by Yuffie1983 »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-06 21:33:31 »
Hey Alyza

thanks for releasing this 2.0 version of the catelog

and i am very for my bad behavior to you while you were doing this work on the 2.0 version of this

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-06 22:00:03 »
Congratulations on the 2.0 release, we appreciate the work you're doing here a lot, for this community of FF enthusiasts!! :D

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-07 04:58:22 »
My eyes are teary with joy and happiness T_T Thank you so much for all your hard work that you put while dedicating time from your real life. TOT You are great and of course all the people that put effort to make this game be so much better. Thank you so much! *cheers too*

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-07 05:23:56 »
Also we are working to get the Safer to be added into the mods but some issues had arise from it.  Waiting for what I can do to help here in the meantime try using whatever is in there.  I am currently trying to work on an expansion but having some issues with the battles to work the way I want them.  Also windows still needs resized in some areas still.  No current ETA as I will be going through are windows to make sure they are sized right.  Some are quite long and need a good free time to sit through the big majority.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-07 05:29:48 »
hey

is the sephiroth story mod on this 2.0 catelog version

and thanks for making this version for us

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-07 05:40:55 »
Yes, it's listed as Miscellaneous - Sephiroth Story Mod and is in the written tutorial for load orders. PLEASE read STEP 3 and STEP 5 carefully about it. You will have to use the correct .EXE and load it at the top of the list to function correctly.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-07 05:55:06 »
Great work as expected. Maybe Iro and i can actually implement a feature for the correct load order instead of doing it manually depending on the activated mods.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-07 06:02:20 »
That would be fantastic. Tbh, manual load order isn't so bad IF we could have a drag feature to go along with the arrows for moving the mods. However, the more automation, the better :P And we're not talking Skyrim level of mods here, so automation should be doable.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-07 07:02:51 »
i think so too. it is not so hard. have to create a ruleset and the rest is by implementation :)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-07 09:33:03 »
i think so too. it is not so hard. have to create a ruleset and the rest is by implementation :)

To be honest the load order not that hard to get right, I actually found out if you download the mods in order they appear in on 7th heaven the only ones you need to move up are the miscellaneous ones.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-07 09:36:31 »
Yes, I download them one by one in order as well. This makes it so you can hit the "Activate all mods" button and they will activate in alphabetical order. Then just move the Miscellaneous mods to the top. But even so, not everyone does this method and its quite time consuming to move all around when they are not in any order.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-08 05:46:01 »
That would be fantastic. Tbh, manual load order isn't so bad IF we could have a drag feature to go along with the arrows for moving the mods. However, the more automation, the better :P And we're not talking Skyrim level of mods here, so automation should be doable.

When i was doing the UI yesterday, i just thought about it and it is really easy for auto order. I will implement it right away when i am coming to this part. The catalog needs to be changed then as well, but thats something for later.

kidkat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-08 11:28:37 »
Amazing work!  :) :) :) :)

Had few issues here and there, but everything is up and running again 8-)

Btw, not sure if you have said this already, but how is it gonna work when we want to update to a new catalog version? right click and update on every mod and that's it? or do we need to remove all previous config from the same mod and then reinstall (like for reunion updates)?

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2016-01-08 11:43:45 »
Yes you have to remove all the old stuff and load the new stuff hence why she tells you to remove the appdata stuff so it is fresh and crisp.

kidkat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2016-01-08 11:50:28 »
Yes you have to remove all the old stuff and load the new stuff hence why she tells you to remove the appdata stuff so it is fresh and crisp.

:P Maybe i wasn't clear, I mean when we want to update from 2.0 to new releases with patches 2.1, 2.2 or whatever comes next   :-)

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2016-01-08 11:53:14 »
Oh right derp lol yeah pretty much click that sweet little blue button next to it like usual.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2016-01-08 15:55:43 »
You will see a message in the window pane on the right side whenever there is an update. You will have to click on "Workshop -> Check subscriptions now" if you don't have "Check for 7thHeave updates automatically" checked in the "Workshop -> Settings" windows. The Catalog tab will change the button from "Installed" to "Update" (or maybe it's "Patch" can't remember) whenever there is an update

kidkat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2016-01-08 16:39:43 »
You will see a message in the window pane on the right side whenever there is an update. You will have to click on "Workshop -> Check subscriptions now" if you don't have "Check for 7thHeave updates automatically" checked in the "Workshop -> Settings" windows. The Catalog tab will change the button from "Installed" to "Update" (or maybe it's "Patch" can't remember) whenever there is an update

Sweet  :wink: I'll stay tuned

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2016-01-09 18:06:07 »
Much obliged

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2016-01-13 00:01:42 »
Wow only saw this thread now! Thank you Alyza may you be fruitful in every endeavor, not only this one!

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2016-02-24 18:23:07 »
I still have FFTim's OST properly named and organized into the VGMusic folder. Did his music ever make it into the catalog?

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2016-02-24 18:40:08 »
Yes, the OST Remastered option.

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #24 on: 2016-03-01 20:28:04 »