Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 486834 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.42)
« Reply #650 on: 2015-01-21 19:53:23 »
Ahh, it's <ApplyPatch> I'm referring to then. What I did was first use that test catalog without any of the the patch links put in. I downloaded/installed and used that as my base version. Then I input the patch lines and updated the subscription. Bingo, it said there was an update and downloaded/installed with no error. Then I uninstalled all of it, and tried to download/install/patch without any base version installed yet. Bin...hmm, I get an error downloading message. The Download window showed both IRO and IROP being downloaded, but when I opened the IRO after it downloaded/installed, it still has 6,459 files inside the Sega Chief - New Threat\battle.lgp folder. I used the Patch Adv. to delete 126 files from it, so that folder should now only have 6,333 files. How many files are in yours?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.msg218376#msg218376 --- I followed these directions for manually typing in the paths to be deleted.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2015-01-21 21:04:07 »
I am not sure you have set up the paths to be deleted correctly: the first few files in the list to be deleted are

Code: [Select]
New Threat - Sega Chief\rsaa
New Threat - Sega Chief\rsab
New Threat - Sega Chief\rsan
New Threat - Sega Chief\rsao

From the file name I am guessing that instead it should be:

New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsaa
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsab
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsan
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsao

Does that explain it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2015-01-22 00:12:31 »
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsaa
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsab
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsan
New Threat - Sega Chief\battle.lgp\rsao

This is how I typed in all 126 entries, from rsaa through smda.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #653 on: 2015-01-22 15:38:59 »
Hey EQ2Alyza I just PM'd you yesterday, not sure if you got it at all.

Just wanted to ask if you had a direct link to the 6.8gb field texture .iro file so I can download it manually via web browser and place the file in the folder manually. That's the only file that's giving me trouble via 7H, and I don't have it on any machine. Let me know when you can and feel free to PM it to me if you'd like. Thanks a bunch.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2015-01-22 16:33:19 »
This is how I typed in all 126 entries, from rsaa through smda.

Then I am very confused, whatever you put in the 'files to delete' box should get stored straight in the patch without any changes, but the patch in your catalog does not contain the right paths :/ Can you try making the patch again?

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2015-01-23 08:54:45 »
Are there any known incompatibilities with the german version of FF7 and the Menu Overhaul mod in 7thHeaven?

My history:
I played a save with Bootleg before i have to go to the Shinra Tower.
Then I switched to 7thHeaven. In the Shinra Tower I did not fight against Sample: H0512 and later I did not have to fight against Hundred Gunner.
Later when you normally have to fight Rufus with Cloud I fought Sample: H0512 with only Cloud.
The next boss would be Motor Ball but I fought Hundred Gunner with the current party.

First I thought it is because of the change to 7thHeaven within a saved game. So I tried to start a new game.
But then the first fight against the two soldiers I have to fight against Yuffie which kills me with one attack.
Picture:

I made a few reinstall with clearing the registry with the tools from Tifa's Final Heaven every time but it did not help.

Next I tried to find the mod which causes the problem. When I only activated Menu Overhaul the problems occure.
Then I switched to the english version of FF7 and now all is working correctly

This is what Kaldarasha wrote in the Tifa's Final Heaven Thread as he decompressed the Menu Overhaul from 7th Heaven:
To the MO:
Chunk 9 are the backgrounds, so they are not needed. The Kernels could have a wrong table for the scene.bin and are only important for the retranslation. I'm not sure if it was the intension to use the retranslation as well, but I would kick out the chunks (I guess chunk1 was actually the plan to use  ;)) and the both kernels and compile them to a separate mod.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2015-01-23 17:57:49 »
Hey EQ2Alyza I just PM'd you yesterday, not sure if you got it at all.

Just wanted to ask if you had a direct link to the 6.8gb field texture .iro file so I can download it manually via web browser and place the file in the folder manually. That's the only file that's giving me trouble via 7H, and I don't have it on any machine. Let me know when you can and feel free to PM it to me if you'd like. Thanks a bunch.

I did get it. Be patient, I have a multiple PMs and working with Iros to get the tool ironed out :)

I'm not providing a personal download because I don't want to start any trend of giving them out. The Catalog serves as just that, and also installs/updates them for you, so you're taking those features away by not using the Catalog link. Giving a personal download also doesn't fix the problem you're facing. What if someone else runs into the same issue? If we resolve it now, we can then help others who may run into it.

Your issue has been posted in I believe three different threads, and you've sent a PM about it. The PM doesn't state the issue, and the previous postings have been edited for some reason, so I've kind of forgotten the exact issue now. Send me another PM please, and tell me exactly what happened.

Also, read below what I write to the other poster.

Are there any known incompatibilities with the german version of FF7 and the Menu Overhaul mod in 7thHeaven?

My history:
I played a save with Bootleg before i have to go to the Shinra Tower.
Then I switched to 7thHeaven. In the Shinra Tower I did not fight against Sample: H0512 and later I did not have to fight against Hundred Gunner.
Later when you normally have to fight Rufus with Cloud I fought Sample: H0512 with only Cloud.
The next boss would be Motor Ball but I fought Hundred Gunner with the current party.

First I thought it is because of the change to 7thHeaven within a saved game. So I tried to start a new game.
But then the first fight against the two soldiers I have to fight against Yuffie which kills me with one attack.
Picture:

I made a few reinstall with clearing the registry with the tools from Tifa's Final Heaven every time but it did not help.

Next I tried to find the mod which causes the problem. When I only activated Menu Overhaul the problems occure.
Then I switched to the english version of FF7 and now all is working correctly

This is what Kaldarasha wrote in the Tifa's Final Heaven Thread as he decompressed the Menu Overhaul from 7th Heaven:

This is for seijuro as well, but please keep mod related questions over in the 7th Heaven Tutorial thread. This thread is specifically for the 7H tool, and Iros doesn't deal with any of the mod compiling that I've done for the Catalog. If there is something we can't answer over there, I'll talk with Iros specifically to see if it's tool related or just an error on my part when compiling the mod.

I responded to Kaldarasha in the other thread, so keep your eyes open over there as we work this out :)
« Last Edit: 2015-01-23 17:59:57 by EQ2Alyza »

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2015-01-23 18:21:41 »
Sorry EQ2Alyza, I didn't know that.

Nevertheless thanks for the help  :D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2015-01-24 05:57:14 »
Sorry EQ2Alyza, I didn't know that.

Nevertheless thanks for the help  :D

It's alright. No apologies needed :lol:

@Iros

Looks like I may have had a typo. I have the patch working now.

The download window isn't showing the blue progress bars while downloading. Can we fix this for the next release?

I noticed that when a patch downloads and installs, the id_name_ver.iro doesn't update its version. Is it possible to have that renamed to the current version after an update is installed?
« Last Edit: 2015-01-24 06:38:27 by EQ2Alyza »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2015-01-24 11:03:29 »
Hm, progress bars were annoying - Google has changed the way they respond to download requests which caused it to stop working. I have worked around this but it is annoying when things break and it was not even my code that was wrong  >:(

New version 1.43: https://mega.co.nz/#!XVEVjbBR!S3sNMQhc0IJh1iExqdBiXyP8pio-wEFjoJ-CcuFdwsU
-Fix progress bars on GDrive downloads
-Fix Mega downloads sometimes (often?) not working

@EQ2Alyza: I will look at renaming the files after download, it should be OK but I need to check that all the places storing the filename get updated, so perhaps in next version.

TheHurtmaster

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.43)
« Reply #660 on: 2015-01-24 12:54:25 »
For some reason I'm getting a crash everytime I start it. Can you help me? Here's the log.
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read8_Settings()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 10
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 14
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys..cctor() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Sys.cs:line 100
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.get_Catalog()
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags.Init() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:line 20
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags..ctor() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:line 29
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.InitializeComponent() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.Designer.cs:line 44
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 17
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Program.cs:line 18

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2015-01-24 13:17:56 »
Your settings.xml file - in the %APPDATA%\7thWorkshop folder - has been corrupted somehow. Delete it and you should be able to start 7H, but you will need to configure your paths etc again.

TheHurtmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2015-01-24 13:57:54 »
Your settings.xml file - in the %APPDATA%\7thWorkshop folder - has been corrupted somehow. Delete it and you should be able to start 7H, but you will need to configure your paths etc again.
Probably because I had a bluescreen. Due to my.. Bad ways of handling USB stuff.
edit: deleting settings.xml didn't work. deleted the entire folder. Now I'm redownloading everything.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-24 17:49:41 by TheHurtmaster »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2015-01-27 20:07:05 »
Updated version v1.44: https://mega.co.nz/#!bEklTIiK!Yo-ko1Bjgr7lsxO0fM9d8ZQSgYVrCicGBGVgF9AeMi4

Only one change: Accessing files in a .iro archive from FF7 is now a bit quicker. The speed up seems especially large for loading .PNG files for Aali's driver; I did not see loading models get quicker, but the delay to go into the world map when using the hi res world map textures is about twice as quick on my PC now.

Gausak

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.44)
« Reply #664 on: 2015-01-28 11:48:31 »
Great work! But there are several problems with the program ... The battle textures do not load in any way, either by changing the load order of mods or in any way, I am using the STEAM version in Spanish. Any ideas? :D

Also I have the following error ... When I install menu overhaul, game text is in Spanish, while other texts (menus, battles, description of weapons and objects, etc.) come in English!
« Last Edit: 2015-01-28 11:58:50 by Gausak »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2015-01-28 12:49:02 »
Great work! But there are several problems with the program ... The battle textures do not load in any way, either by changing the load order of mods or in any way, I am using the STEAM version in Spanish. Any ideas? :D

Also I have the following error ... When I install menu overhaul, game text is in Spanish, while other texts (menus, battles, description of weapons and objects, etc.) come in English!

EQ2Alyza has fixed the Menu. Though the battle textures doesn't load for me either.

Gausak

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2015-01-28 13:25:01 »
MenuOverhaul not working for me, here the images, in spanish without MO and semiSpanish/english with MO.

http://i62.tinypic.com/sfxwlf.jpg <--- Here in spanish...

http://i60.tinypic.com/20s66vm.jpg <--- And here in Spanglish :D :D :D
« Last Edit: 2015-01-28 13:30:27 by Gausak »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2015-01-28 13:42:05 »
MenuOverhaul not working for me, here the images, in spanish without MO and semiSpanish/english with MO.

http://i62.tinypic.com/sfxwlf.jpg <--- Here in spanish...

http://i60.tinypic.com/20s66vm.jpg <--- And here in Spanglish :D :D :D

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.msg223242#msg223242

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2015-01-28 15:46:40 »
I've taken out the flevel and kernels of MO for the next update to the Catalog, so you'll need to wait for that release. I never thought MO would work well with other languages though. Aren't the texture PNGs made for English letters only?

Gausak

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2015-01-28 20:27:42 »
The funny thing is I did run MO entirely in Spanish, but the funny thing is I do not know how I did it and I have not gotten back to put it back (I think I used MO.exe installation directly into the game files)

Here older images (february 2014, surfing the net xD)

« Last Edit: 2015-01-28 20:33:55 by Gausak »

Gausak

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2015-01-29 11:03:53 »
One more question... What command line should put to adapt dialog boxes in the ff7_opengl.cfg file? Or if not touching the cfg file ... What should I do to adapt the text boxes? I have almost everything in Spanish except the failure of the text boxes that are too large compared to the text shown on them. (or otherwise too small boxes for text displayed in them)

EXAMPLE:

Now that I look in detail ... The characters are again "small" compared to the scenarios again ... sh.t. If I get to run something, get a new error elsewhere ....
« Last Edit: 2015-01-29 14:01:52 by Gausak »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2015-01-30 12:26:05 »
That's the main problem with MO being used on languages other than English. You have to manually go and change every text and dialogue box in the game for it to fit properly. DLPB did this with the English text already. This is not a 7th Heaven issue I'm afraid, so I wouldn't expect much more help in this thread.

@Iros

Any idea what this error may be? I believe I've seen it before, but it's been a long time and can't remember.

« Last Edit: 2015-01-30 12:29:23 by EQ2Alyza »

Gausak

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2015-01-30 15:45:48 »
Thanks a lot for everything!

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2015-01-30 20:36:27 »

Any idea what this error may be? I believe I've seen it before, but it's been a long time and can't remember.

Hm, the field textures mod downloads fine for me, so I cannot say what error you were getting!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2015-01-30 21:29:56 »
It downloads fine for me also. Someone else sent me the image, so thought I would ask.