Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838223 times)

Lionsmane

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #875 on: 2015-03-15 19:51:21 »
Hmmm now I'm torn between doing a fresh install and running the mod exe with other mods by hand or waiting for the 7h update. Sega, does nt include any character or npc model upgrades? 

Thanks again

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2015-03-15 19:57:56 »
About 1.3 message from alyza :
I wanted to get Reunion Beacause to work with New Threat and all the other gameplay mods, but I'm having difficulty getting the battle scenes to show the correct encounters. I think I'm going to put this project on hold and keep working on that for another update down the road. So you should see the Catalog update as soon as this weekend.
Weekend passed but no news, but it seems that 1.3 will coming in a couple of days in the catalog now :)

Thx for answer about limits, hope i will unlock fast limits for cloud and aerith now lol, and hope that you reduce kills needed for unlocking in 1.3 :p
In other hand, my tifa is at 3.1 limit and she fern all bosses as hell x)

About some character, are there still useless in end game with their limits ?
(Vincent is uncontrolable, red 13 have only 5 hits dmmage and caith sith´s roulet is useless too in my opinion in end game)

Thanks for the info; I need to try and learn more about how 7H works these days so I can help out more with it and avoid causing problems.

Tifa's reels are part of what people don't like about the character, hence the 'Lucky Reels' mod for her limits. For NT, they have a very short charge to make up for it and thanks to her boosted strength it seems they've done the trick.

The other characters, however, are a bit trickier without hard edits. Red's Cosmo Memory has the shortest charge of any Lv.4 Limit but it'll never be as useful without changes. Vince I tried to set up his limits so all three were on each Limit level with different charge times but it didn't work out as each character can only have so many Limits. Cait Sith I gave him his Transform Reel outcome as an extra Lv.1 Limit but Lv.2 and beyond seem to be hard-coded to start up Slots, unfortunately.

(Old quote, I know) ;)
Just popped in to say this caught me out- wandering around with Tifa as party leader doing odd stuff [[EDIT]: Cloud is in the lifestream, this wasn't clear when I first wrote this], decided to go back to Great Glacier to get the materia I'd left behind, and I managed to ignore the villager's warning about not going boarding, and do it anyway (as Cloud). The bouncy wall stopped me from getting back to Icicle Inn on the way back. I was able to enter the Glacier through boarding, obviously, but once I left I couldn't get back inside. (Holzoff did successfully stop me from going up to the Cliff, though)
Luckily I've been keeping regular saves, so this wasn't a big problem!

Oh-ho, looks like I forgot to do something about that. It's very peculiar, I can't really think why there'd be a handler on the world map to prevent access to a town for a particular party member (unless it's accessing some script accidentally like, say, the wee script that runs to move you away from the Highwind when Diamond Weapon is about to surface).

What's supposed to happen is that the dude outright prevents you from boarding when Tifa or Cid are party leader, but this was changed to cover the Disc 3 stuff. It'd probably be unusual for players to try and get back to the Glacier during that period of time, but I'd better do something about it (and I'll actually do it this time :x)

Hmmm now I'm torn between doing a fresh install and running the mod exe with other mods by hand or waiting for the 7h update. Sega, does nt include any character or npc model upgrades? 

Thanks again

It comes with an unreleased field model set for the story characters that Kalderasha made. They're basically the original chibi-style, but edited to look a lot more closer to their promotional art (for instance, Cloud's outfit is darker rather than a light purple and Kald cut some details into it like the belt, an actual shoulder pauldron, etc.). As for battle models, they haven't been changed.

But about the mod's .exe, that's a prototype that hasn't been specced to the mod properly. In other words, the game will likely get very hard due to the Materia penalties. Arrange is going to be a properly specced mod that works better with the .exe, but that's a few weeks away from being released.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 20:00:08 by Sega Chief »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2015-03-15 20:18:07 »
Another bug! Still running around as Tifa during Cloud's lifestream surfing time, I've gone upstairs in Tifa's house in Nibelheim to get the Elemental materia from the piano, which all works fine- but Tifa isn't visible while upstairs.
 Piling on the work for you! (As stated before, and as you can guess from the fact I'm still playing, I'm really enjoying your mod, Chief!)
EDIT: Also, I just got spooked by a model of Cloud standing in his house! Talking to him, he says "It's just like my house, But something's off." Yeah, dude, you're not supposed to be here!
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 20:21:30 by Gatchaman »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2015-03-15 20:30:56 »
Another bug! Still running around as Tifa during Cloud's lifestream surfing time, I've gone upstairs in Tifa's house in Nibelheim to get the Elemental materia from the piano, which all works fine- but Tifa isn't visible while upstairs.
 Piling on the work for you! (As stated before, and as you can guess from the fact I'm still playing, I'm really enjoying your mod, Chief!)
EDIT: Also, I just got spooked by a model of Cloud standing in his house! Talking to him, he says "It's just like my house, But something's off." Yeah, dude, you're not supposed to be here!

Are you playing 1.2 of 7H? I think I fixed that for 1.3.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2015-03-15 20:51:47 »
hey sega cheif

big error glitch, when i use the summons on your NT mod

the summons names do not show up at top of the screen when the party members summons them

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2015-03-15 20:58:55 »
Hmm so you're saying that the 7h version is more stable than the main installer? I guess I'll wait it out with 7h then

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2015-03-15 21:32:15 »
They're more or less the same; just some teething problems to iron out.

hey sega cheif

big error glitch, when i use the summons on your NT mod

the summons names do not show up at top of the screen when the party members summons them

I'm testing summons now but they're displaying the name of their attacks correctly.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2015-03-15 21:40:27 »
hey sega chief

sorry for keep on bothering you like this

about i have another problem

i beat air buster on your dark cave side quest

and after the fight, he gave me the wrong keycard

he gave me keycard 68 insted of keycard 66

and when i have the keycard 68, it won't allow me to go through the door on the 68th floor either
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 21:45:14 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2015-03-15 21:48:54 »
It's actually Keycard 66 he drops, but I've made a mistake with the text (just changed it); you should have access to Floor 66 which will let you reach Floor 67 through the stairs. When you get there, take the elevator at the very back to reach Floor 68 (like you did originally when playing through the Shinra HQ for the first time) and look for Hojo. Beating that boss should open up Floor 69.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 21:50:35 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2015-03-15 21:50:18 »
hey Sega chief

i did not have access to floor 66, it was grayed out

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2015-03-15 21:50:52 »
Can you reach it from the stairs instead of the elevator?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2015-03-15 21:53:14 »
hey sega chief

i will pm you my VOD okay

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2015-03-15 22:09:14 »
I watched the VOD; you have to talk to Hojo inside the capsule (where you fought Sample HO512 and met Red XIII). Beating that boss unlocks the stairs for Floor 68 and 69.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2015-03-15 22:14:51 »
Are you playing 1.2 of 7H? I think I fixed that for 1.3.
I'm playing 1.3 from your installer- not using 7th Heaven.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2015-03-15 22:22:41 »
I'm playing 1.3 from your installer- not using 7th Heaven.

That's very strange. I made changes there and tested them; I guess I missed something?

Status Report  :-X

-) Talking to Cloud as Cloud in his house (...): Should be fixed, I imported a default field screen and ran around in there.

-) Vanishing Tifa in her house: She appears to be visible on Disc 2 & 3 in my game; not sure what could have happened.

-) Icicle Inn Thing: I'm doing two things here; first, I'm restoring the handler that prevents Tifa and Cid from going down to the Great Glacier while Cloud isn't in the party. The second thing is setting up the big ice helter-skelter (the one that lets you leave Great Glacier immediately) so that it drops you inside Icicle Inn instead.

-) Spell Order: This has been fixed; I found a set-up that's not too disorganised and which uses the original's numbering. One oddity I learned about the default game is that while the game lists three types of magic, it actually groups them into four. The fourth group is the 'extreme' magic, Contain, Ultima, FullCure, Comet/Comet2, and Shield. No matter what spell order you pick, these remain at the bottom. What I'd tried to do with the previous patch was place these spells in the three groups that are moved around (Attack, Restore, and Indirect) which is what likely caused some spells to vanish with certain configurations. I've learned my lesson and put them back to how they were  :|

-) Keycard Fiasco: While it's possible to progress through here as-is, it's confusing as all hell so I've made the following change.
When heading up through Shinra HQ, Air Buster now gives Keycard 66 AND 68. This unlocks the doors for the stairwell. I've also added the handler for the elevator so that can be used too.

When defeating Hojo on Floor 68 (he's in the specimen container where Sample HO512 is fought), Floor 69 is unlocked. Unfortunately, there's no actual key-item called Keycard 69 so instead I've added a message and chime informing the player that all floors have been unlocked. That should take care of it.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 23:32:05 by Sega Chief »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2015-03-16 00:19:09 »
if im changing from 1.2 with 7h to 1.3, do i need to have my old saves back in their right folder before running the 1.3 installer? or will they work and run 1.3 properly if i just drop them into the save folder after installing 1.3? i might have goofed

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2015-03-16 00:23:28 »
Save files should work with anything, unless the format for them have been changed by 7H somehow (the installer shouldn't touch them one way or another, but keep a back-up folder of them just in case). One thing though, I don't know if the regular NT installer will be able to correctly patch an installation that's been converted by 7H (I think the folders are laid out differently).

As for compatibility, they should be okay. You might see some visual glitches with EXP if you're high level (40+) that will resolve themselves when you level up with that character once.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2015-03-16 00:27:27 »
Ah I just saved my save files but did a fresh install before running your nt main installer so I should be fine. Thanks for the quick replies man you rock

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2015-03-16 00:30:19 »
hey sega chief

you forgot to update your patch files with the new keycard changes and stuff

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2015-03-16 00:32:13 »
Ah I just saved my save files but did a fresh install before running your nt main installer so I should be fine. Thanks for the quick replies man you rock

No prob, bud. Hope it works out, but get in touch if there's problems.

hey sega chief

you forgot to update your patch files with the new keycard changes and stuff

I haven't finished with all the fixes yet; I want to get them all done in the one go. You can still complete the Dark Cave sidequest without the patch; look for Hojo on Floor 68. In any case, the patch will be complete soon.

Edit: That's the patches up:

Fixed the following:
-) Talking to Cloud as Cloud in his house (...): Fixed for good this time  :x

-) Vanishing Tifa in her house: I couldn't find an issue here, so we'll need to see what happens.

-) Icicle Inn Thing: The helter-skelter now leads back to Icicle Inn directly which avoids the weird 'blocking' problem and also acts as a nice short-cut. Tifa and Cid can no longer access the Great Glacier while Cloud is out of action.

-) Spell Order: This has been fixed + tested; it appears that spell order doesn't update until the menu is closed and then re-opened which is what tricked me the last time.

-) Keycard Fiasco: Fixed it up & tested.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-16 02:54:09 by Sega Chief »

SenMithrarin85

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2015-03-16 13:06:44 »
Hey, Sega! Let me just thank you for this awesome mod! I have noticed some issues that may or may not have been mentioned before:

1) There is a new npc in the first area of fort condor (cave section as soon as you enter from world map) that cannot be interacted with. Is this intended?
2) There is a dialogue typo that does not exist without this mod. The infamous "this guy are sick" when Aeris talks about the guy in the pipe. Your mod reads "this guy am sick" with unmodded steam it is "this guy is sick".
3) When you beat the guard scorpion in the corel prison junkyard screen (fight that triggers after examining the dead guy on the ground), the music you used for the fight continues to be used for normal encounters afterwards insead of regular battle music.
4) I like the new chibi models you used, but cloud's model on the world map is still the vanilla one with light purple clothes rather than the dark purple ones on the kalderasha model. Can you possibly correct this?
5) This may be my fault, but I can no longer tell (without prior knowledge) which of Barret's weapons are long-range. It doesn't say in the weapon description anymore from what I can see.
6) This is just a general question. When you release a patch, do they include prior fixes or just new ones? Example: you put out patches on the 11th and 13th of march, and again on the 16th of march. Do the 16-3 patches contain the fixes released on the 11-3 and 13-3 or do I need to keep the old patches too? Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well  :(

Thanks and keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: 2015-03-16 13:18:49 by SenMithrarin85 »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2015-03-16 16:00:50 »
Has anyone had luck using this mod after installing with bootleg?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2015-03-16 16:35:05 »
Hey, Sega! Let me just thank you for this awesome mod! I have noticed some issues that may or may not have been mentioned before:

1) There is a new npc in the first area of fort condor (cave section as soon as you enter from world map) that cannot be interacted with. Is this intended?
2) There is a dialogue typo that does not exist without this mod. The infamous "this guy are sick" when Aeris talks about the guy in the pipe. Your mod reads "this guy am sick" with unmodded steam it is "this guy is sick".
3) When you beat the guard scorpion in the corel prison junkyard screen (fight that triggers after examining the dead guy on the ground), the music you used for the fight continues to be used for normal encounters afterwards insead of regular battle music.
4) I like the new chibi models you used, but cloud's model on the world map is still the vanilla one with light purple clothes rather than the dark purple ones on the kalderasha model. Can you possibly correct this?
5) This may be my fault, but I can no longer tell (without prior knowledge) which of Barret's weapons are long-range. It doesn't say in the weapon description anymore from what I can see.
6) This is just a general question. When you release a patch, do they include prior fixes or just new ones? Example: you put out patches on the 11th and 13th of march, and again on the 16th of march. Do the 16-3 patches contain the fixes released on the 11-3 and 13-3 or do I need to keep the old patches too? Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well  :(

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Alrighty-

1) This guy is a placeholder for something I want to implement in the future; basically, it'd eliminate the need to back-track to Fort Condor for each iteration of the mini-game (basically you'd talk to an NPC set in a town to be warped back to Condor and this guy will warp you back to where you were once the minigame is done). I should have probably set him to be invisible until this is completed.

2) But these guy are sick.

3) Aye, that's me forgetting to set the battle music back to the regular theme. It corrects itself if you leave the screen and return.

4) I basically didn't add the world map in order to keep the installer size down + avoid potential conflicts with people using world map mods. But I could make a small optional patch for it; I'll try and upload that today.

5) If it has any suggestion of a projectile in it's name (i.e gun, bazooka, Launcher, Ray, etc.) then it's long range. That being said, a few are a little ambiguous to an extent. Heavy Vulcan or Missing Score for instance. The thing is, I removed the Long Range from the text in order to clear space in the kernel for other things. I might have some head-room left to add it back in, though.

6) Aye, all the fixes are compiled together. It's basically the latest version of the files that're being patched in, rather than just individual fixes.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-16 16:37:49 by Sega Chief »

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2015-03-16 16:46:48 »
for the guns just annote them "LR" instead of Long Range, im sure most players would know what that means

heads up special battle crash #2 this time with the robot golem guy after mongo
http://www.twitch.tv/cicadian/c/6333795

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2015-03-16 16:52:39 »
hey sega chief

while i was fighting bottomswell in the dark cave sidequest yesterday

my game softlocked on me on that boss fight