Author Topic: SOLVED: Touphscript problem (Spanish version)  (Read 5455 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
SOLVED: Touphscript problem (Spanish version)
« on: 2011-11-02 13:43:43 »
Can edit text names of tresours in spanish version 1.02 with "Touphscript", Fatal error: Unexpected end of exe.txt

I change Sflevel to flevel and reedit world_sp for world_us, in this case program can dump but ff7.exe error!! Fatal error...

What's the possible solution? Not exist alternative system for edit somes texts? In White chocobo can edit 95% of translations need, but 5% (texts of tresours for new object name) can't!!! It's 50/100 objects max, the mod is "stopped" for this problem...I wait help, thanks.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-28 14:11:14 by Bosola »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Touphscript problem
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-02 15:14:41 »
I'd like to find out if you can take the text dumped from the Spanish version and apply it to the English game.
Then manually update the English ff7.exe with the Spanish text.
There's not a huge amount of text in ff7.exe, so manually making the changes should be doable.
That way it would be a 100% English game with all Spanish text.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-02 17:11:33 »
Obviously the ff7.exe is not the same... ts works on a proper 1.02 exe standard from english game. 

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-02 17:14:06 »
I talk with PitBrat and finally conclution...Is create "universal path" for translation english to spanish (in version english) for compatibility moding, and future for other's spanish moders can create easy english/spanish version, PitBrat later speak with others members for possible solution...It's a resumed of problem

1. Use touhscripth with 1.03 spanish (not offical, but only this run with program text) and dump all files ----> IT'S OK
(but the problem for continue modding this version is ff7.exe 0kb, it's impossible continue edit)

2.Then all's text extract of 1.03 send to ff7 english version (e) encoding with touhpscripth ---> IT'S OK
(not write failed, use 1.03 for this, in 1.00/1.02 always failed in ff7.exe)

3.Resize windows for see well the spanish text -----> FAILED, IT'S IN FIRST REALLY PROBLEM
(in spanish version it's very long size comparate with english)

In there can see the problem!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/18/2408509//1.bmp

Sorry for bad english xD
And thanks for all's without the help of people in this forum really impossible create spanish mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-02 17:28:55 »
If you mean resize has failed, looks like you have menu mod selected on...  needs to be off ecayse you are not using menu mod.

Set >
menumod = 0 in touphscript.ini

and

# Autosize options
autosize_width = 1
autosize_height = 1

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-05 22:16:33 »
If you mean resize has failed, looks like you have menu mod selected on...  needs to be off ecayse you are not using menu mod.

Set >
menumod = 0 in touphscript.ini

and

# Autosize options
autosize_width = 1
autosize_height = 1

Incredible, it's run!!!! All windows have in perfect size :)

I can continue the mod...Thanks!!