Author Topic: AC Custom Models  (Read 305387 times)

inculus

AC Custom Models
« Reply #525 on: 2010-05-31 14:07:58 »
How Can I install this mod
*sigh* There's many people who asks this. Just use lgptools and extract the files in battle.lgp to a folder and copy paste the files in AC Custom Models download battle folder. After that create a new battle.lgp and its done. Also do the same with the field just with the char.lgp. You can also use Aali's new lgp.exe and unlgp.exe. I won't teach you how to use those though next time search the forums.

Would it be possible to get a proper Readme.txt added to the file? I tried following your steps but all that happens is my game crashes when I get into a fight. Had to reinstall everything + my old mods. I don't mind and I'd really like to use this mod but I find your instructions leave out certain details. This is what I did:

Battle LPG Stage (Battle Folder)
1. Opened lpg tools.
2. Made a new folder called "Battle_Extract" in the main FF7 directory.
3. Clicked "Open" in LPG tools.
4. Selected "battle.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle".
5. Extracted "battle.lpg" to "Battle_Extract".
6. Copied and pasted every file in "Custom AC Cloud\battle" (including "final battle" folder) to "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Battle_Extract"
7. Clicked "Yes to All".
8. Clicked "Create" in lpgtools.
9. Clicked "Ok" at warning.
10. Selected "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Battle_Extract".
11. Clicked "Ok".
12. Selected "battle.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle".
13. Clicked "Save".

Char LPG Stage (Field Folder)
1. Opened lpg tools.
2. Made a new folder called "Char_Extract" in the main FF7 directory.
4. Selected "char.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field".
5. Extracted char.lpg from "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field" to "Char_Extract".
6. Copied and pasted every file in "Custom AC Cloud\high res field" to "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Char_Extract"
7. Clicked "Yes to All".
10. Selected "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Char_Extract".
11. Clicked "Ok".
12. Selected "char.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field".
13. Clicked "Save".

If I've messed up a step could you please explain which step and what I should of done? I haven't touched the "Custom AC Cloud\field chibi" folder as you haven't said what if anything I need to do.

**Update**
Managed to get the out-of-fight Cloud to the high res version but in in-battle one is normal still. Any help?

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: 2010-05-31 14:21:52 by inculus »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #526 on: 2010-05-31 14:13:47 »
OMG It's his first post and he already knows what he's doing! :D

Looks good.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #527 on: 2010-05-31 14:54:12 »
How Can I install this mod
*sigh* There's many people who asks this. Just use lgptools and extract the files in battle.lgp to a folder and copy paste the files in AC Custom Models download battle folder. After that create a new battle.lgp and its done. Also do the same with the field just with the char.lgp. You can also use Aali's new lgp.exe and unlgp.exe. I won't teach you how to use those though next time search the forums.

Would it be possible to get a proper Readme.txt added to the file? I tried following your steps but all that happens is my game crashes when I get into a fight. Had to reinstall everything + my old mods. I don't mind and I'd really like to use this mod but I find your instructions leave out certain details. This is what I did:

Battle LPG Stage (Battle Folder)
1. Opened lpg tools.
2. Made a new folder called "Battle_Extract" in the main FF7 directory.
4. Selected "battle.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle".
5. Extracted "battle.lpg" to "Battle_Extract".
6. Copied and pasted every file in "Custom AC Cloud\battle" (including "final battle" folder) to "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Battle_Extract"
7. Clicked "Yes to All".
10. Selected "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Battle_Extract".
11. Clicked "Ok".
12. Selected "battle.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle".
13. Clicked "Save".

Char LPG Stage (Field Folder)
1. Opened lpg tools.
2. Made a new folder called "Char_Extract" in the main FF7 directory.
4. Selected "char.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field".
5. Extracted char.lpg from "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field" to "Char_Extract".
6. Copied and pasted every file in "Custom AC Cloud\high res field" to "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Char_Extract"
7. Clicked "Yes to All".
10. Selected "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\Char_Extract".
11. Clicked "Ok".
12. Selected "char.lpg" from directory "C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\data\field".
13. Clicked "Save".

If I've messed up a step could you please explain which step and what I should of done? I haven't touched the "Custom AC Cloud\field chibi" folder as you haven't said what if anything I need to do.

**Update**
Managed to get the out-of-fight Cloud to the high res version but in in-battle one is normal still. Any help?

Keep up the good work!
When you keep on repeating the steps I was tired of it so I let him do it himself. I personally use Aali's new lgp.exe and unlgp.exe. Its much easier to use . Thanks for the effort encoding those steps though I wish every member new here will see it.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #528 on: 2010-06-01 06:50:30 »
Fixed. :D

<3 to Nik!

- Aeris
« Last Edit: 2010-06-03 10:28:06 by Aeris »

ludokreshx

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #529 on: 2010-06-01 21:09:57 »
grrr, am i supposed to be able to see the files that get extracted into the battle_extract folder or are they supposed to be invisible to the naked eye >_<

[edit]

got the whole extract copy/paste thing down but when i play its a headless 1 armed black mess of a ghoul :D

how do i get him to normal :D

while somone figures out what i did wrong im gonna continue to try and fix it myself x_x
« Last Edit: 2010-06-02 01:07:34 by ludokreshx »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #530 on: 2010-06-02 05:45:51 »
grrr, am i supposed to be able to see the files that get extracted into the battle_extract folder or are they supposed to be invisible to the naked eye >_<

[edit]

got the whole extract copy/paste thing down but when i play its a headless 1 armed black mess of a ghoul :D

how do i get him to normal :D

while somone figures out what i did wrong im gonna continue to try and fix it myself x_x
You can figure it out by yourself but you can scour through the forums and you can find the answer.. Don't worry man you'll find something even on this very thread just a few pages back lies your answer.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #531 on: 2010-06-02 14:26:20 »
yea i found my solution but bad luck in life just brought a whole new slew of problems for me and now i have to buy a new ff7 >_< cuz i dont think i backed up my disks correctly and i just moved in with my grandparents and some how he got into my collection of disks (i had them all in leather zip up case) he tore it open trying to get to the smell of watever was spilled in it a few weeks ago >_< i tried to back up the files and i was able to PLAY the game and mod it but when i use the Aali custom driver it reads the original lgp images from the backup instead of the new ones i made and its only the original cloud and i dont even have the tsurugi anymore >_<

had my friend across the street (who owns a ultimate edition) send that over to see if it would work any differently (just for test run) and i got the mods into the ultimate edition with the same black body headless one armed issue so then i threw the custom driver on there and again threw my backups on when it said to insert disk and it read the freakin original lgps instead of teh new ones this is soooo frustrating >_<

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #532 on: 2010-06-03 17:11:46 »
Hi guys I'm new here so I was hoping I could get some advice on a problem I've been having. I installed the ac custom model using highwind and the field model works fine but when I enter into a battle the game crashes and I get an error message. I went back and reinstalled the orginal battle.lgp and the battles work fine even with the ac custom field model, witch led me to believe I'd screwed up the battle.lgp for the custom model so I went back and made it again and when that one didn't work I made another one witch also didn't work. I'm really at a loss here so if anyone has had this problem or is just awesome that they know whats wrong please tell me.

P.S here is a list of the mods I've installed incase you need to know

ff7 v1.02 official patch
Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul
Aali's Custom Graphics Driver
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project

nikfrozty

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #533 on: 2010-06-03 17:22:29 »
You used Highwind?? I never used that so I don't know if it works well. Try using Aali's new lgp/unlgp.exe. Its the most effective one. And when you crashed I'm sure its the battle.lgp with the problem.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #534 on: 2010-06-03 17:22:36 »
Stop using highwind. Use Aali's unlgp.exe and lgp.exe

edit: nikfrozty ninja'd me  :'(
« Last Edit: 2010-06-03 17:26:19 by sl1982 »

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #535 on: 2010-06-03 17:45:29 »
You used Highwind?? I never used that so I don't know if it works well. Try using Aali's new lgp/unlgp.exe. Its the most effective one. And when you crashed I'm sure its the battle.lgp with the problem.

I'm not really sure how to use Aali's new lgp/unlgp.exe being a noob and all. Do I have to download something to use it or is everything I need build into the custom graphic driver

nikfrozty

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #536 on: 2010-06-03 17:46:19 »

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #537 on: 2010-06-03 19:50:12 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9924.msg139402;boardseen#new
Follow the steps there.

I used it but I'm still getting the same problem. Is there anything else that might be wrong

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #538 on: 2010-06-03 19:52:33 »
Follow the steps there.

I used it but I'm still getting the same problem. Is there anything else that might be wrong

Do you have TeamViewer?

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #539 on: 2010-06-03 19:53:41 »
Follow the steps there.

Do you have TeamViewer?

No whats that?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #540 on: 2010-06-03 20:02:51 »
Follow the steps there.

Do you have TeamViewer?

No whats that?

It's a program I can use to fix your problem. Get it and add my MSN. [email protected]

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #541 on: 2010-06-03 20:19:11 »
OK now I'm really confused because using the same process as with the AC model I installed the APZ Cloud Model and it works fine so is there something I'm doing wrong with the AC model because this is really annoying

nikfrozty

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #542 on: 2010-06-04 11:39:37 »
Wow I didn't see sl1982's post. Sorry man I just realized that someone should tell him/her to use the new lgp/unlgp program. :)

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #543 on: 2010-06-05 01:24:28 »
could someone tell me, after adding the custom ac files to the battle.lgp what the number of files(aaaa etc) is

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #544 on: 2010-06-05 01:34:25 »
could someone tell me, after adding the custom ac files to the battle.lgp what the number of files(aaaa etc) is

After adding them? It should be 11142.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #545 on: 2010-06-05 01:34:34 »

should be like 11124 total if u did both the regular battle and final battle

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #546 on: 2010-06-05 02:11:21 »
That's weird because my total count is 11133, the original being 11128

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #547 on: 2010-06-05 02:12:32 »
Well I had the APZ Cloud installed first. My original was 11140. After adding AC Cloud, it was 11142.

There may be other things affecting it that I might not know about. I installed the Final Fantasy VII Remix Patcher. Mainly because I am just WAY TOO LAZY to install each mod one by one.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #548 on: 2010-06-05 02:21:50 »
well it appears that based on some ppls already having mods installed into their computer they may have a few more files that others

but the basic gist is that u should have 2 or 3 more files more than u started with

andrewlus

• View Profile
AC Custom Models
« Reply #549 on: 2010-06-05 02:27:59 »
Well I had the APZ Cloud installed first. My original was 11140. After adding AC Cloud, it was 11142.

There may be other things affecting it that I might not know about. I installed the Final Fantasy VII Remix Patcher. Mainly because I am just WAY TOO LAZY to install each mod one by one.

That cool I guess everyone's is different depending on what mods they've installed. The reason I asked was because I'm at a loss about why the battle model causes my game to crash upon entering battle. I've used the unlgp to make it(several times) as well as highwind(also several times) but the game still crashes, with leads me to believe that something else is causing it but I've no clue what it is