Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4867998 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9200 on: 2020-04-14 15:43:12 »
For the buttons thing, is just adding it to the flevel text enough to suffice? How do the shoulder/d-pad/select/start buttons work?

Edit: I checked the chunks within the ESUI Controller Addon with a hex editor and got a list of (most) of the button codes being used:

98 OK
95 Cancel
97 Menu
BE Up
BF Down
93 Left
94 Right
99 L1
9A R1
81 Select
82 Start

In the makou tool's text editor, it has a shortcut for adding the action buttons (Circle, etc.) like this: {CIRCLE} which gets translated into the relevant hex code (0x98 in this case). But there's no listing option in the tool for the shoulders/d-pad/select/start buttons. How did you add them in?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 16:17:53 by Sega Chief »

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: 2020-04-14 20:13:35 »
Hi, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have installed the new Reunion R06 mod and it works perfectly. I have tried to install New Threat 1.5 R06 version by dropping the files where there are supposed to go and the primary installer but when I start a new game it does not pop up to give the Arranged or Normal difficulty so I don't believe the NT is actually working. Any tips from experienced modders? It works when I use 7th Heaven but I have uninstalled that and got a fresh install of FF7 Steam Version to try Reunion instead.

I got it to work. You need to put the new threat f06 version in the folder 'Custom" in the Reunion folder. After that you need to go into the Options.ini of the Reunion folder and change the Mod_ID to the name of that folder so in this case New_Threat_Final

Downgraded286

• View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: 2020-04-15 01:40:38 »
Hello... first I'd like to thank you for making this mod. It's really neat with all the rebalanced equipment, enemies and new content. There were a number of instances where I was forced to alter my setup to deal with the given situation... you can't just overlevel and crush everything, and at the same time, it's not impossible either. The cleaned up dialogue and the quality of life features are really nice too... and I appreciate all the jokes and trolls. The Sense materia was fantastic... (you know which one).

That said, I've found a couple bugs:

The new save point by the Mako pool before Schizo (Phrenia) has a problem. It's easy to softlock the game by getting a double dialogue with the Mako pool and the save point. Perhaps this save point could be moved a little further away from the pool?

The final battle with Sephiroth... normally, if you wait for him to hit you, Cloud immediately does a counterattack and kills Sephiroth. In NT, Cloud did not counterattack, and as soon as Sephiroth hit him, the options box went away (as if I was holding square/switch). Sephiroth continues to attack Cloud infinitely, and I'm just stuck.

Finally, I have a feature request: the leveling system is pretty cool, but it would be even better if there was a way to reset your characters and try something different. Then again, at this point it's not really that hard to just start a new game.

Where_Max_Ray?

• View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: 2020-04-15 14:14:42 »
@Sega Chief

Can you please check the drops for "Max Ray" on armored golem? I have spent 2 hours killing them without morph/stealing, and have yet to get one. I have also spent 2 hours before that with morph/stealing because I didn't know that affected drops. I am trying to make the Missing score, and I have definitely failed hard and trying to get this done. I am on version 1.5 and have no other mods on besides Qhimm ones in 7th heaven.

Thank you

Edit/Update:
Guess I had really bad luck with that 50% drop rate. I spent 2 more hours on it and finally got it.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-15 19:43:37 by Where_Max_Ray? »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: 2020-04-16 01:55:31 »
Hello... first I'd like to thank you for making this mod. It's really neat with all the rebalanced equipment, enemies and new content. There were a number of instances where I was forced to alter my setup to deal with the given situation... you can't just overlevel and crush everything, and at the same time, it's not impossible either. The cleaned up dialogue and the quality of life features are really nice too... and I appreciate all the jokes and trolls. The Sense materia was fantastic... (you know which one).

That said, I've found a couple bugs:

The new save point by the Mako pool before Schizo (Phrenia) has a problem. It's easy to softlock the game by getting a double dialogue with the Mako pool and the save point. Perhaps this save point could be moved a little further away from the pool?

The final battle with Sephiroth... normally, if you wait for him to hit you, Cloud immediately does a counterattack and kills Sephiroth. In NT, Cloud did not counterattack, and as soon as Sephiroth hit him, the options box went away (as if I was holding square/switch). Sephiroth continues to attack Cloud infinitely, and I'm just stuck.

Finally, I have a feature request: the leveling system is pretty cool, but it would be even better if there was a way to reset your characters and try something different. Then again, at this point it's not really that hard to just start a new game.

I'll move the save point further away; I wasn't aware there was a bug there.

The final battle is a fairly serious bug that I've fixed for an impending patch. I'll be looking to upload that tomorrow (it also contains other fixes, etc).

A respec can be done, I just need to figure out what's needed in the .exe to make the new opcodes work.

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: 2020-04-16 13:44:52 »
hi

I just started to play this Mod but it seems that the materia system does not work. for example the materia cover starts 30% and has 5 stars or if i read the doc correctly it should be 20% and 4 star.

the magic material (fire, ice, etc) gives bonuses similar to the basic game I think (vitality -03, magic def -03, maxmp +03%). for the rest of the mod everything seems to work (the potions makes 300pv, the enemies are modified, combat script not present in the basic game are here, ect)

do i miss somephing or my install is wrong ?

I play the steam version and I put the language in English before installing the main game. i use the lastest version of the mod and i used the installer.

Snoge

• View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: 2020-04-16 20:16:35 »
Hi!

Almost through with the mod. It's awesome. Thank you very much.

The game softlocked for me on the way to the underwater reactor, while I was fighting those two goons and a soldier (I can't remember the name's...). I just beat
Spoiler: show
Carminen Weapon
, and forgot to save, and I'm feeling a bit salty about that... But I didn't come here to blame it on anyone. Only to report getting softlocked.

I can't say much about what happened. I was morphing the enemies down there, and I believe I use Slash-all queued with Aeris on the enemies. She was equipped with Fairy Tale. That's all I can recall from my side.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: 2020-04-16 21:42:44 »
hi

I just started to play this Mod but it seems that the materia system does not work. for example the materia cover starts 30% and has 5 stars or if i read the doc correctly it should be 20% and 4 star.

the magic material (fire, ice, etc) gives bonuses similar to the basic game I think (vitality -03, magic def -03, maxmp +03%). for the rest of the mod everything seems to work (the potions makes 300pv, the enemies are modified, combat script not present in the basic game are here, ect)

do i miss somephing or my install is wrong ?

I play the steam version and I put the language in English before installing the main game. i use the lastest version of the mod and i used the installer.

That sounds unusual; the .EXE is definitely patched (a 3% MP bonus doesn't exist in vanilla), so it's likely the kernel that hasn't been patched which has the data for how many stars a Materia can have etc. However, if the kernel is unpatched then that would mean the following:

1) Cloud started with only Ice and Bolt, and not Fire
2) Potions heal 100HP in battle, but heal 300HP in the field menu
3) Wrong encounters would be loading, resulting in crashes/overpowered enemies appearing

When starting a new game, does Cloud have access to Fire, Ice, and Bolt or just Ice & Bolt?

Hi!

Almost through with the mod. It's awesome. Thank you very much.

The game softlocked for me on the way to the underwater reactor, while I was fighting those two goons and a soldier (I can't remember the name's...). I just beat
Carminen Weapon
, and forgot to save, and I'm feeling a bit salty about that... But I didn't come here to blame it on anyone. Only to report getting softlocked.

I can't say much about what happened. I was morphing the enemies down there, and I believe I use Slash-all queued with Aeris on the enemies. She was equipped with Fairy Tale. That's all I can recall from my side.

That softlock is to do with one of the SOLDIER enemies I think, I've got it sorted in the patch I'm uploading tonight though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: 2020-04-17 02:43:12 »
The patch for NT 1.5. Changelog is below the links.

My 7h is on the fritz again so I'm not updating the links on the front page just yet; let me know if the IRO loads and if the options inside it work (only battle model swaps/costumes for now). I know people prefer their hi-res stuff, but maybe somebody will find some of the options interesting (the Red XIII one is pretty awful, but the first Cait option improves the character by 322%, I feel).

Main Installer
https://mega.nz/file/D80UXKzK#xd31CTy-TAJIs7zT71LLaENQXGHATWN-94HscYIkOeE

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/DxsTkSAD#-A-1isQa1WshlbGTL__s8Jlrj0mny9Q8sRbADUKF_iw

FF7 NT V1.5 - April 2020 Patch

Bugfixes
-) Issue where Final Sephiroth fight would have him attack infinitely
   with no counter from Cloud to end the battle.

-) Issue where Bizarro battle couldn't be fought due to Vincent not being
   recruited.

-) Bizarro Battle is now always a solo team battle.

-) Rebalancing for Safer Sephiroth & Arrange Mode Final Battle

-) Some item/materia placement reshuffling toward the end of the game.

-) Issue where an out-of-bounds chest could disable a miniboss in Crater,
   preventing retrieval of an item for Red's Ultimate Weapon.

-) Tifa no longer plays conversation anims if Aeris isn't there.

-) Added an Animation#7 for Cloud in Dark Cave sidequest start

-) Randomised Rank Up no longer divides sources by 5

-) Music was adjusted for the Mideel Memory Scene finale
(Uses audio file from R06; if this does not install or is overriden then very last scene will have no music)

-) Gaea's Cliff Save Point; Script call was moved off Cloud to avoid a potential softlock with the healing spring.

-) Default field/text added for Mansion Basement scene involving Sephiroth reading books (to avoid bug when using
   certain menu overhaul mods).

-) Tweaks to Aeris + Elmyra visibility in Kalm.

-) Dark Cave, some tweaks to character visibility in certain scenes

-) Removed Ignore Status defence flag from Fantasia attack on Mirage enemy; also removed Resist from Tartarus attack.

-) Some weapon effects corrected (mostly related to MP damage/drain)

Features
-) Aeris now has access to 3 of Cid's weapons; Flayer, Spirit Lance, and Venus Gospel.
The weapon model used is the actual one.

-) New superboss added to Extra Battle in Gold Saucer.

-) Crater Steal/Drop Rates revised.

-) Fixed a squashed eye texture on the Rufus battle model (existed on original game)

7h Only
-) New costume(s) added for each character.
Toggled in the IRO settings of the 7h Launcher; these may be overriden by Battle Model mods.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-17 03:09:12 by Sega Chief »

Unwise Owl Tattoo

• View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: 2020-04-17 03:00:38 »
Both links are for the installer version of the mod.  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9210 on: 2020-04-17 03:06:12 »
D;

Prob just as well, the IRO models for barret and vincent were missing the derivatives. Just reuploading it now.

Edit: Updated the IRO link a few posts back. Front page links aren't updated yet (need IRO test; the model swaps were working when I tried them but my 7h is currently inoperable).
« Last Edit: 2020-04-17 03:10:03 by Sega Chief »

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: 2020-04-17 05:19:41 »
In general, NT plays nice with 7th heaven nowadays? Arrange mode and all? What about compatibility with other mods therein?

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: 2020-04-17 09:07:12 »
That sounds unusual; the .EXE is definitely patched (a 3% MP bonus doesn't exist in vanilla), so it's likely the kernel that hasn't been patched which has the data for how many stars a Materia can have etc. However, if the kernel is unpatched then that would mean the following:

1) Cloud started with only Ice and Bolt, and not Fire
2) Potions heal 100HP in battle, but heal 300HP in the field menu
3) Wrong encounters would be loading, resulting in crashes/overpowered enemies appearing

When starting a new game, does Cloud have access to Fire, Ice, and Bolt or just Ice & Bolt?

1) Cloud starts with the 3 materials

2) potions heal 300pv in combat and out of combat

3) I don't see any problem with the fights

I also have access to the tutorial of the mod once I arrive at sector 7

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: 2020-04-17 12:25:42 »
1) Cloud starts with the 3 materials

2) potions heal 300pv in combat and out of combat

3) I don't see any problem with the fights

I also have access to the tutorial of the mod once I arrive at sector 7

I'd say everything sounds like it's been patched correctly then.

In general, NT plays nice with 7th heaven nowadays? Arrange mode and all? What about compatibility with other mods therein?

It's always been compatible with 7h. The new catalog for 7h 2.0 though had it flagged as incompatible with certain mod types by mistake like field models. NT can't be used with mods that affect either the scene.bin, kernel.bin, or chunks 1, 3, 5, or 7 of the flevel. Some examples of what can't be used with it:

1) Any gameplay mod like Hardcore mod or a translation patch like proto's spell names
2) The ESUI controller addon changes the text, which is chunk1; this chunk contains not just dialogue but event scripting and the model loader. This is also why retranslation can't be used with NT as-is.

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: 2020-04-17 14:01:00 »
I'd say everything sounds like it's been patched correctly then.

if my game is patched correctly the bonuses / penalties of my materia are therefore correct too? because from memory they were more radical than that at the time.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: 2020-04-17 14:25:23 »
so... with the 1.5 final patch (i guess final?) being released, i haven't played since 1.4.   I've been waiting on the 2.0 patch, but i'm not sure if that is multiple months away or less than a month.  Would it be worthwhile to wait on 2.0?  or would recommend to go ahead with a fresh start on the 1.5 final?   If it's looking like it's more than a month out, i'm going to go ahead and start with the new 1.5 release :D.  Any idea if it's going to be less than a month for 2.0 or definitely more than a month?  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: 2020-04-17 15:35:02 »
if my game is patched correctly the bonuses / penalties of my materia are therefore correct too? because from memory they were more radical than that at the time.

They've been changed a few times, the current crop are less extreme. If you see 3s then it's patched.

so... with the 1.5 final patch (i guess final?) being released, i haven't played since 1.4.   I've been waiting on the 2.0 patch, but i'm not sure if that is multiple months away or less than a month.  Would it be worthwhile to wait on 2.0?  or would recommend to go ahead with a fresh start on the 1.5 final?   If it's looking like it's more than a month out, i'm going to go ahead and start with the new 1.5 release :D.  Any idea if it's going to be less than a month for 2.0 or definitely more than a month?  :)

I'd go ahead, I don't know when I'll have arrange finished. Everything's been up in the air with work because of this virus.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: 2020-04-17 16:25:30 »
Hello, can anyone tell my why I can't talk to mr smiley again? After 1st time meeting him I got cloud rank up. Now when I want to talk to him I get red flash and thats it. This is my first playthrough and dunno if it's supposed to happen.

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: 2020-04-17 17:48:25 »
OK thank you for your replies and for your work on this mod  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: 2020-04-17 20:37:53 »
Hello, can anyone tell my why I can't talk to mr smiley again? After 1st time meeting him I got cloud rank up. Now when I want to talk to him I get red flash and thats it. This is my first playthrough and dunno if it's supposed to happen.

From that point forward, you use regular save points to access the SP system. The closest one from Mythril Mines would be Fort Condor's save point.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: 2020-04-17 21:01:06 »
From that point forward, you use regular save points to access the SP system. The closest one from Mythril Mines would be Fort Condor's save point.

Thank you, weird though there is no option in the save menu, had to try different buttons on pad :)

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: 2020-04-17 23:27:11 »
Hi, i'm sorry if this issue has already been reported. You know the part in the original game when Aeris says "This guy are sick"? Well, in NT this line has been changed to "These guy is sick" instead, when it should be "This guy is sick". This is the version of NT included in 7th Heaven's default Gameplay mod pack.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: 2020-04-17 23:49:34 »
In readme there is addnotation:
"Send-Off Minigame
The top prize (120+) is now a Mastered 'Enemy Away' Materia, with 2nd Prize being a Rune Armlet. There is no longer a consolation prize."

I got 130 points and still got Rune Armlet. Was sth changed or?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: 2020-04-18 02:02:02 »
Hi, i'm sorry if this issue has already been reported. You know the part in the original game when Aeris says "This guy are sick"? Well, in NT this line has been changed to "These guy is sick" instead, when it should be "This guy is sick". This is the version of NT included in 7th Heaven's default Gameplay mod pack.

No worries, I will fix it in 2.0.

In readme there is addnotation:
"Send-Off Minigame
The top prize (120+) is now a Mastered 'Enemy Away' Materia, with 2nd Prize being a Rune Armlet. There is no longer a consolation prize."

I got 130 points and still got Rune Armlet. Was sth changed or?

Must have been; I think Rune is the only prize from 120+ points. 2nd is a potion or something.

Sei La

• View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: 2020-04-18 06:22:15 »

Hey! I registered just to comment on this.
In the mod Aeris actually says "This guy a sick" now (if I remember correctly). I thought that was poking fun at the original translation... does it really need a fix?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-18 06:23:56 by Sei La »