Author Topic: [FF7PC] Custom Battle Scenes (2009-09-20)  (Read 34833 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Battle Scenes
« Reply #25 on: 2009-09-21 19:34:01 »
They're from namespoofer's AC mod.

Unfortunately, it isn't supported at Qhimm (copyright stuff), so you'll have to use google to find it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-09-21 19:40:03 »
to be honest I dont particularly like it. The textures arn't inherently bad, but they dont seem to fit colorwise, and some dont line up. the details look badly scaled (i dont rmmbr what the originals look like)

I think the problem is that they are too clean. Since the Mako reactor is an industrial setting, and since Midgar is generally polluted, they should look much dirtier. Some darker colours and more browns would make them look better.

I thought that, but they just wouldnt look right newhere, not even in a nice freshly cleaned location :P

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-09-21 19:45:00 »
The train area looks great, but I can see how the rest needs to be darkened. As it stands it looks like a kitchen floor tile, but adding some brown should do it well, I ask for a side-by-side cause that makes it easier to tell what the original colors were like.

EDIT: 333rd post, that's interesting.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-09-21 19:47:21 »
EDIT: 333rd post, that's interesting.

It means you're half evil :-D

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-09-21 20:06:23 »
Ok side by side thx for the imput

battle 1

battle 2

battle 3

boss battle 4

« Last Edit: 2009-09-21 20:09:08 by Costa07 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-09-21 20:12:30 »
h'okay, well, a big issue is that you arn't using the same colors, I suggest you do. in some cases, such as the grate along the floor under the scorpion, you but some tilework, while its suppost to be... grates, make you sure you correctly identify what a texture is before replacing. Also are you using overlay textures? its easier to take the original texture, and add overlays to it than take 3rd party textures and put them in, (thats what it looks like for your tiles)

Also on the bridge infront of the reactor... squaresoft fail for epic texture misalignment ><

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-09-21 20:17:08 »
Hrm... are those separate textures there that are misaligned? If so, then it might be possible to draw them with an offset so that they'll line up properly.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-09-21 20:19:00 »
I suggest that you make the cobbles (bricks?) in the street a lot less prominent. At the moment, the cracks between them distract from everything else on the road. From that distance, you should only just be able to make out the cracks between the cobbles.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-09-21 20:22:31 »
It must feel pretty bad to get all these negative comments but I think you've done a nice job and I'm glad your taking the time to do this  :-D Like the others have said it would look better if the textures were a bit darker, but I would use this over the original  :wink:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-09-21 20:25:11 »
It must feel pretty bad to get all these negative comments but I think you've done a nice job and I'm glad your taking the time to do this  :-D Like the others have said it would look better if the textures were a bit darker, but I would use this over the original  :wink:

The negative comments mean that we care :-)

And sl1982 got a lot of negative comments as well. In both cases, it's been constructive criticism because we want the game to look as good as possible.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-09-21 20:27:30 »
Well you could always give a few positives to go along with the negative, maybe a few smileys even, cos its quite hard to tell if ppl are being constructively negative or just plain negative on a forum, you know?  :wink:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-09-21 20:30:00 »
Well you could always give a few positives to go along with the negative, maybe a few smileys even, cos its quite hard to tell if ppl are being constructively negative or just plain negative on a forum, you know?  :wink:

It's certainly harder than in real life, but I think it was clear enough here. everyone told costa what he needed to do to make it better rather than just saying "it sucks"; I'd say that's the best way to distinguish between constructive criticism and nastiness on the tubes.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-09-21 20:31:31 »
Thanks for all the input guys i'll will continue working on these to make them look better after work today. And i dont mind the negetive comments just as long as there not like dude you you f***** suck you should stop while you can lol  :-P  I will continue my work and make the adjustments you all have requested. And thanks MXster i think i found me a new test dummy for when i finish up my new textures  :-D

aaronlite

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-09-21 23:59:04 »
You should use more detailed textures and also match them up a lot better. Needs a lot of work... Keep at it though, good luck. : )

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-09-22 03:52:38 »
I like it though!...  :-D

Its Shiny and Spakles!! *Twwiinnggg!!!*

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-09-22 04:13:06 »
Man these are terrible, my dead grandfather could put out better textures. Stop while you can!

Just messing.  :wink:  Glad to see this is being done, I can only imagine how many total backgrounds there are in the game. You should skip ahead to where you fight the boss in Junon when you rescue Priscilla at some point just to look at it, I wonder how the background works since if I recall correctly, there's water with waves in it during the battle. Might be best to figure it out in advance so you know what to do later?

Thinking out loud here I suppose. Good work so far, looking forward to the polished finals.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #41 on: 2009-09-22 05:42:57 »
Hmm, its not that bad. Kinda bright though. Btw KM, it's Kula_Wende's mod, not Namespoofer's.  :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-09-22 12:31:47 »
Hmm, its not that bad. Kinda bright though. Btw KM, it's Kula_Wende's mod, not Namespoofer's.  :-P

Ahem! :lol:

I'm quite sure that this is namespoofer's mod; if it isn't, then Kula has made one that's very similar. Just google:

ff7 ac mod name spoofer

Anyway, we shouldn't talk about it too much, or the thread will be deleted :-D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-09-22 12:59:20 »
It's looking nice Costa07, but you should try adding some dirt. You should also do some adjustments to the shading. For example, on the ground with boxes around, you should either change the textures or add some vertex coloring. Here is a little test I did with Kimera:

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-09-22 21:16:48 »
wow, if only i could load up the worldmap to see my changes in realtime, i couldn't imagin how much faster the WMRP would go...

I think the textures look okay, but you really need to scuff them up.  You've got a good starting point but right now they aren't convincing at all.  It's a floor inside of a factory for gods sake! it needs oil stains, scratches, dust, and any other kind of gunk you can put on it!  Maybe add a bit of bump mapping in your image editor to give the image so depth too, right now it looks very flat.  Hope i wasn't too harsh, just trying to be constructive :)me

lee

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-09-22 22:53:28 »
Doesn't Fice's map viewer work correctly pyrozen?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-09-22 23:25:19 »
it kinda does, but it scrambles alot of the textures up, so i can't get an accurate picture of how exactly it will look.  The beaches are one example that are nearly incomprehesible when i tried to use it.

lee

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #47 on: 2009-09-23 15:15:16 »
actually, for me, reeve doesnt work at all D: i dunno why, i just get an error when i use it. maybe its a vista thing.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #48 on: 2009-11-24 01:45:00 »
Sorry for the Necro, But this topic should not die. Costa what is the progress in redoing Battle scenes? I use and really like what you had done. There are not that many battle map/models seems easy to finish this project.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-11-24 02:18:07 »
Sorry for the Necro, But this topic should not die. Costa what is the progress in redoing Battle scenes? I use and really like what you had done. There are not that many battle map/models seems easy to finish this project.

We have a member from team avalanche that has done some work on battle backgrounds.