Author Topic: Resolution in Q-gears  (Read 16282 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: Resolution in Q-gears
« Reply #25 on: 2006-06-15 17:33:16 »
I would really like the resolution upped as cosmetically possable...

You are right. I'm losing sight of getting this to run as "stock" as possable. The filters can come later.

However higher resolution is going to be a very high-demand fuctionality to have. Keep that in mind while lying down the code....

As this is going to be running on Computers, and the PC version did also concede that higher resolution would be a change for the better, it's something to look into when the field files start getting loaded.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-15 17:35:41 by halkun »

BesideTheVoid

• formerly known as ProtoArmor
    • View Profile
    • Official BesideTheVoid Productions Website
« Reply #26 on: 2006-06-15 17:47:41 »
Hey, don't forget that while you're playing around with HQ2X and SAI filters, maybe do some of that magic on the 3d textures like emulators do...

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-06-15 18:00:38 »
This wil include options for Diffrent Resolutions, We won;t need a filter for the Models

BesideTheVoid

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-06-15 18:10:04 »
btw here is some code and screenshots for NTSC color filtering: http://www.slack.net/~ant/libs/ntsc.html

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-06-15 19:46:06 »
One thing at a time.

Halkun:
Look at borde's project in the tech forum. (VincentVal and ProtoArmor I suggest doing so as well).

Upping the resolution is a long term goal, short term is get it working right.  Yes people will want it, I will want it too :D

Erstwhile I'll put some time too the ISO media reading tomorrow and saturday. 

For some reason I can't sleep lately it's totally messed my days up.. SIGH.

Cyb

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-06-15 21:42:03 »
What about scanlines just for now?

BesideTheVoid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-06-16 02:20:50 »
Yeah, sorry for jumping topic.  To simplify the scaling in relation to the masked portions though, what you could do is put the whole image together, scale it,, then copy it, then overlay the copy using a smoothed mask (this way there are no artifacts around the edges of the parts you can walk behind)
« Last Edit: 2006-06-16 02:22:24 by ProtoArmor »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-06-16 19:48:20 »
What about scanlines just for now?
It's pretty simple, the engine isn't more than just something that loads a few things and reads data at the moment.  In other words it does not work.  There is no now yet.  No rendering to be done either.  Right now it's just reading some of the data, and learning what data needs to be read to start up.  There is no engine yet, I repeat there is no engine yet.  Essentially what is going on is mental twitterpation until the engine can actually read the correct chunks of data and functionally start the game, which it cannot.  Then one can worry about graphics backgrounds textures etc. when this happens.  Rememb er it has to be able to RUN the script code in order for it to know what to do even.

Cyb

BesideTheVoid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-06-16 22:46:16 »
Yah I know, but you know how it is when you get twitterpated :roll:
Don't let starry-eyed fans distract you from programming the core.  I too am doing the invisible part of a game engine so...I know what it's like when everyone is so excited about your ideas, and meanwhile you have an unholy number of lines of script engine code to pull out of your hat.