Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210844 times)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #325 on: 2014-08-18 05:14:56 »
PPS the limits are not assigned yet and that's not something I've learned yet. So really this I guess this is a pretty immature beta. If someone knows how to assign the limit breaks and wants to do it just send me the 7z back and I'll update it. I know Jeet said that only certain limits will work for his type.

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #326 on: 2014-08-18 07:49:17 »
Nice works, thats sad about runing animations part, i hope u ll be able to fixe it.

For the limits break:

Once again i tested all this on PSX version, maybe it will works better on PC:

ALL 4 vincent's monstesr ( and all enemies characters) cannot use the limits break of playable characters, it will cause a big texture glitch ( maybe this happend only on psx? so u can give a try on PC but i doubt about it)

So far I noticed some enemy's spell and vincent's limits break works(the only enemy/monster who can use all limits breaks is safer sephiroth,dunno why):

-beast flare
-livewire
-nightmare
-satan slam ( works but crash when it come to the second part of the limit, probably fixable)

-blaster
-tsunami
-cait  sith's toy box limits

There is a lot of enemy's spell that works but they are not really impressive, so i didnt noticed them for a limits break.
All of this can be made with "LIBRE" and " WALLMARKET"

If the PC version is different and allow gallean beast to use any limits break, then just ignore this, anyway with the lack of animations of vincent's monster, thebetter choice is to use projectile limits breaks because you'll never be able to do something like omnislash

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2014-08-18 11:37:37 »
Ive got the beta downloaded on my phone and will have a look later......been looking forward to seeing this in game buddy.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2014-08-18 13:06:34 »
I fixed the running animation.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #329 on: 2014-08-18 13:30:40 »
I'm not sure where to post now lol. I guess this is the working thread and the other is about release posts and stuff. The beta looks great, the detail to the fur and tattoos really brings it to life, and I like the animation fixes. It didn't run very well at all, this is much better. I'm looking forward to trying it out later this evening. It sounds like there's a few good options for limit breaks too. Seven would be ideal but four is enough if there isn't a lot of options. As long as they look really cool lol. I'm not sure how to do this, but I think it can be done in wallmarket which isn't too hard to learn.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2014-08-18 14:14:52 »
This is a great idea and good work so far however, you will always face the same kind of animation problems when changing a field model to something totally different. The animations for the field models are contained in the field files and thus spread throughout the whole game data. You would have to go into every scene and fix the animations for Nanaki that are contained which is a horrible amount of work.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2014-08-18 14:18:20 »
Makou Reactor lists each animation for every character and it's not too hard to see where they're used. It's not too difficult to change them, it'll just be time consuming. Luckily this wont be as difficult as swapping Cloud, who's in nearly every scene lol.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2014-08-18 14:25:26 »
Time consuming is just what I meant but you're actually right, Nanaki doesn't appear and act that much.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2014-08-18 17:20:55 »
Why does nobody ever try to simply change the field skeleton and animations?

It is a far easier approach, and once you do it, you can just back up the field animations and never need to do it again, for any project as long as you inject the proper animations and be done with it in a matter of moments.

To do it this way, you simply need to do a hard swap of the physical field animations of Nanaki with another skeleton, such as Cloud, Tifa, Barret, etc.(for this purpose, Barret is best.)

Then you'd open up a different field skeleton with a hex editor and change all the parts in it to something else easy to do, such as for barret's field skeleton to be instead of axxx, to nxxx and then rename all the parts, and this will work ingame.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2014-08-18 17:32:12 »
That's pretty much where it is now. The field model is ready and I already changed all the file names so they wont overwrite any of Barrets. It just needs to be set for the animations now so the model can work in the game. Have you swapped Barret for Red XIII before or has this not been done yet?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-18 17:34:42 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2014-08-18 18:31:34 »
Thanks leet. I'd love to see this in the psx. I didn't know the psx version could be modded to this extent. I'd love to play our HD version on my phones emulator!
Cmh, I thinks kuroda has already swapped barret and nanaki but is a bit hesitant to release due to the effort that went in.
Kuroda, if you could help in the conversion it would be very appreciated. I can send the link with the field model if that helps. Thanks guys
Meesbaker, thanks for the reality check. I def knew that I was getting in way over my head but this has been the greatest design challenge I've ever had. I'm eager to learn more.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2014-08-18 18:45:20 »
Also I want to look into the best way of making him walk with the backward bent knees instead of straight legged.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2014-08-18 19:08:34 »
Cool I appreciate your efforts :)

When you were talking to leet about the psx version did you mean this mod right here? A self created werewolf nanaki 3d model included in the Playstation version? You can totally forget that ;)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2014-08-18 19:46:01 »
From what I understand leet doesn't have the pc game. He does everything in psx. Maybe I misunderstood

PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] (DMR)

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2014-08-18 20:31:00 »
very cool idea.. just tested it, a few problems.
half his head and back are invisible in my game and most of the animations are broken, there is no 'attack' animation and uses the 'berserk dance animation' when using spells

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2014-08-18 20:36:15 »
very cool idea.. just tested it, a few problems.
half his head and back are invisible in my game and most of the animations are broken, there is no 'attack' animation and uses the 'berserk dance animation' when using spells

@WolfMan or cmh175

This sounds as if the 'make model symmetric' function in Kimera was used. Make sure V_NOCULL is unchecked for the mirrored group.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2014-08-18 20:38:02 »
Thank you Pap. This is great. The first feedback. Gotta love betas. Could you by any chance be able to upload a screenshot or even a video capture would be even better. I haven't even been able to get ff7 installed yet after reformatting my computer. I knew that cmh said everything looked good so far so I'd like to see what your seeing. Thanks again.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2014-08-18 20:39:10 »
Thanks kaldarasha. I can look when I get home. Unless cmh gets to it first.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2014-08-18 23:05:31 »
Wasn't me lol. If I'm making any real alterations to a model I use Maya. Kimera has many secret and allusive abilities, many of which are lost on me lol. I can take a look in a bit but if it's anything other than a transparency issue with the texture I'm not sure how to fix it in Kimera. Short of importing the part again. Doable, but not preferred.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2014-08-19 00:20:54 »
Interesting, yeah what the hell is that? The field model works fine, though I haven't tested it with the new textures Wolfman did. As long as nothing is pure black (0,0,0) nothing should be transparent. Curious.

The animations are wonky too. It was originally put together as a demo though, I'm guessing it's the rwab file. As the model animates fine in kimera.

~Wolfman, when you saved the model did you move it to another folder? rwab is missing (originally sjab from the beast download). That's the file edited for the model to work right?

~ I added the **ab from the backup I had of the model, it animates really well. Other than Red XIII's face is missing. I'll take a look at the tex files, but I'm not sure what could be the cause. It seems to be just the lower legs, chest, and head. So it every texture other than rwac. I'm not sure why they're any different though.

Tried again with the original model I backed up, with the orignal textures, has the same issue. The textures work fine with the field model though, which is what I'd tested.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 01:19:19 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2014-08-19 02:40:52 »
Ok. Wtf is going on. Me and cmh are running out of ideas. Everything works perfect in kimera. But when he goes in it's chaos. Who can solve this mystery. I'm thinking we might need Kaldarasha.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2014-08-19 03:14:47 »
Try to use the texture ID 0 for the head and the head texture needs to be set at the first, too. It could be that the game use for the head generally the first texture. It looks like that the game place a wrong texture on the head. By the way what is the resolution for the textures? Maybe the game has a memory limit for a character and doesn't load the last texture in?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2014-08-19 03:26:49 »
This is worth a try. Wolfman you can change the textures order in kimera in the p editor window. I can do it tomorrow otherwise if you need help.

That's not a bad point. Each texture is about 2048. Big, but it's nothing I haven't done before though. TA Cloud is about the same. I think it maybe a formatting issue or something. The texture works fine on the field model, but gets screwy with the battle model.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2014-08-19 03:29:30 »
They are all 2048 resolution.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2014-08-19 03:32:41 »
This would make sense considering that the black around the textures is true black