Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 309610 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: ff7 remade with today's gaming standards in mind
« Reply #125 on: 2012-07-10 13:19:47 »
They aren't remaking it, Just enable it to run on current gen OS's and tech. So i guess the above "Features" are after thoguhts

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #126 on: 2012-07-10 16:02:14 »
I get that this is a "feature" of most steam games nowadays, but since the main character's default name is "Cloud".....
As pointless as the other features are, I really don't know how anyone can complain about cloud saves. If I can play on three different machines without having to move save files around, so much the better.

Yeah, it REALLY needs that DirectX 11 interface. :P
Quote from: FF7 Installer
FF7 uses the latest in 3D technology.
Obviously they are just keeping in line with the traditions of old :P

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2012-07-10 16:49:34 »
I think it will be a blast. and if moddable, even better. no idea of a release date, right?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #128 on: 2012-07-10 16:56:19 »
I wonder how achievements will work. Is the application being monitored by a service with the privileges to read certain arbitrary memory addresses?

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-07-10 17:01:23 »
I am curious about that as well.
perhaps it could work in a way similar to Dragon age, where they can be unlocked even offline.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012-07-10 18:03:27 »
Correct me if i'm worng but that would limit to loading mods using automated means such as bootleg, which i find a pain especially if i want to leave somethings unchanged and only mod certain bits like main characters[that too with certain models by different users which may or may not be supported by bootleg] and a few enemies.

Now i know bootleg gives us the option to choose for each thing from characters to effects etc, but i'm just saying it doesn't always work out.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #131 on: 2012-07-11 02:00:52 »
I don't know what to think, when i was little these games did wonders for my boredom and on some levels even taught me how to read. They used to make games because they enjoyed it and put there hearts into a real good storyline but with the reviews and meetings there having, from what iv gathered in lamens terms their saying buy our games or were not giving you what you want. It's all money now. That's my opinion. They complain that no game since 7 has exceeded the amount of sales thus wont release a new one till they do but what they don't realize is if they re-released 7 in a HD PS3 new gen graphics which they are easily capable of doing they will make maybe triple the amount of the best selling game they have EVER made. Maybe even any game ever made . . .by anyone? I have to say call of duty for example mustn't be that far behind now but this sorta game would blow any opposition way off the scale.

Anyone understand this??

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 2012-07-11 03:07:43 »
I don't know what to think, when i was little these games did wonders for my boredom and on some levels even taught me how to read. They used to make games because they enjoyed it and put there hearts into a real good storyline but with the reviews and meetings there having, from what iv gathered in lamens terms their saying buy our games or were not giving you what you want. It's all money now. That's my opinion. They complain that no game since 7 has exceeded the amount of sales thus wont release a new one till they do but what they don't realize is if they re-released 7 in a HD PS3 new gen graphics which they are easily capable of doing they will make maybe triple the amount of the best selling game they have EVER made. Maybe even any game ever made . . .by anyone? I have to say call of duty for example mustn't be that far behind now but this sorta game would blow any opposition way off the scale.

Anyone understand this??

I understand, but I can't agree. I would love to see it happen, but we have no idea if the game would sell like you describe. It is all speculation. I would personally have a hard time to even buy a remake PS3 version as I don't own a PS3. It's hard to buy a several hundred dollar system for one game.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-07-11 11:39:21 »
They complain that no game since 7 has exceeded the amount of sales thus wont release a new one till they do but what they don't realize is if they re-released 7 in a HD PS3 new gen graphics which they are easily capable of doing they will make maybe triple the amount of the best selling game they have EVER made. Maybe even any game ever made . . .by anyone? I have to say call of duty for example mustn't be that far behind now but this sorta game would blow any opposition way off the scale.

Anyone understand this??
What i understand is

- they would have to remake ALL the assets from scratch to give game a decent hd presentation. that is not so easy, especially since pc team could not do it - they did not have source material to redo it back then. they might have a few character models redone a few times already, but the locations, backgrounds, animations, fmv's, enemy models - everything from scratch.
- there are some things they would rather leave out (cross dressing and whole don corneo thing in general)
- remakes usually get lukewarm reception, a lot of people would prefer things as they used to be.
- they would not prevent themselves from making 'improvements' to the game (and change e.g. the nibelheim scene again)
- they would most likely attempt to tie ff7 with other ff7-related games.

in the end - that would be game not worth getting.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-07-12 01:41:05 »
I have visualized in my head many awesome ways to take existing script and existing scenes from Final Fantasy VII into HD game-play. My ideas are slightly based on the game-play of Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and MALICE. A third person view of Cloud Strife or whoever the party leader would make a great new part of the game remake. If Final Fantasy VII was remade this way plus other ways without changing anything to the game itself, that would work well. For the controversial parts of the game, such as extra game modes and tying Final Fantasy VII to its sequels and prequels, well, make those optional downloadable content. The remake should only be made exclusively for the Playstation 3 and computers. If it was made for the computers, then modders like you can mod the hell out of it anyway you wanted to. How does all of this sound?  :lol:

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2012-07-12 05:36:22 »
Wait, wtf? It's NOT coming to steam and using the SE store?

Suddenly I don't give a shit

Also, http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/hf1rjw/final-fantasy-vii-pc-re-release-trailer
« Last Edit: 2012-07-12 05:55:25 by BloodShot »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #136 on: 2012-07-12 12:55:34 »
regardless of where it goes, I'm giving it 2 days before it's cracked and shared

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012-07-12 15:46:09 »
I'm curious if they are using the current PC version but improving it, or if they are making a whole new port entirely. If it's the latter, it would probably interfere with mods (assuming it doesn't already have some sort of encryption to prevent them in the first place)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012-07-12 16:05:37 »
I'm curious if they are using the current PC version but improving it, or if they are making a whole new port entirely. If it's the latter, it would probably interfere with mods (assuming it doesn't already have some sort of encryption to prevent them in the first place)
It'd be cheaper to update the current PC port, and I can't imagine them spending too much on this.

But they can't prevent mods, only make it more difficult. At most, we'll have to do some of reverse engineering and recompile things in different formats. At the minimum, we'll have to put textures in lgp files because we won't have Aali's driver to take care of things the easy way. Regardless, I can't imagine this being impossible, just difficult. With any luck, it might even reinvigorate the FF7 modding scene; there's a lot of talent that's no doubt stayed away because the PC version is so difficult to come by anymore.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2012-07-12 16:12:52 »
Very true, I hope that ends up being the case.

I also hope they implemented the actual PSX music properly now. That would just be a joke if it still used midis. I also wonder how much work would have to go into something like the MOP to make it compatible with the re-release if we can't use Aali's driver.

Also it's amazing how news of this spreads and the haters start popping up everywhere. I'm seeing "Oh now you can relive the shittiest game on PC too!" on a lot of videos and articles. It's expected, but still.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2012-07-12 17:03:02 »
Also it's amazing how news of this spreads and the haters start popping up everywhere. I'm seeing "Oh now you can relive the shittiest game on PC too!" on a lot of videos and articles. It's expected, but still.
I never understood the hate FF7 got. While it's by no means the best game in the series (a spot reserved for IV and its masterful storytelling), it's certainly one of the better ones. But then, I suppose most of the haters are people who think 6 is the best game in the series, because they think Kefka is a brilliant villain because Square forgot to give him (or pretty much anyone in the game) a real motive.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #141 on: 2012-07-12 17:32:56 »
ah, you don't understand how a hype rejection reaction works, do you covarr?
basically, it's a lot like specific movies or anime or books
it's very easy to get extremely fed up with something if hype connecting to it is constantly shoved in your face to the degree where it becomes impossible to ignore it completely. As this goes on, your indifference grows into dislike into hatred into loathing into anti-fanboy aka haters

count yourself lucky if you haven't experienced this.

Imagine being completely indifferent to something and then having that thing shoved in your faced until it literally comes out of your nose in a stream of liquified brain
this is how most haters for hyped stuff work
FF7 is a prime example because of the ludicrous hype and fanboyism around

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012-07-12 18:21:53 »
I want it on steam T_T

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2012-07-12 18:50:19 »
Today is D day... any news?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2012-07-12 19:53:07 »
Felix! Thought you were dead :D

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2012-07-12 20:52:42 »
I never understood the hate FF7 got. While it's by no means the best game in the series (a spot reserved for IV and its masterful storytelling), it's certainly one of the better ones. But then, I suppose most of the haters are people who think 6 is the best game in the series, because they think Kefka is a brilliant villain because Square forgot to give him (or pretty much anyone in the game) a real motive.

Pretty much all the hate I see is always about how unquestionbly superb FF6's story is and how "masterfully" told it is.

I wonder if it will come to steam eventually. I mean, there are entries for it for steam, there has to be SOME reason they are there.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2012-07-12 21:40:00 »
Pretty much all the hate I see is always about how unquestionbly superb FF6's story is and how "masterfully" told it is.
Same here. I see a tiny bit from the rest of the internet, but the vast majority of FF7 hate seems to come from people who idolize Kefka.

I wonder if it will come to steam eventually. I mean, there are entries for it for steam, there has to be SOME reason they are there.
It could be that plans changed, or maybe they intend this to be a timed exclusive. The Steam registry entry hasn't been updated since December, so I'm gonna guess the former.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #147 on: 2012-07-12 22:44:27 »
I will be sponsoring the whole "re_make" project including the qhimm personnel, when I win the lottery just to avoid pronouncing the word "re-release" (even mentally) until it's final release... And this time I'm serious...
« Last Edit: 2012-07-12 23:24:01 by Leonhart7413 »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2012-07-13 03:20:16 »
Be kewl if they add some sort of new game+ or difficulty mod. It goes hand in hand with the achievements and character booster. It wouldn't really take much aether... sith did it all by himself. Heck there already going to have to fix all the stat bugs, why not go the little extra mile.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012-07-13 05:28:14 »
It wouldn't really take much aether... sith did it all by himself.
Sith did it... sort of. Young Cloud/Sephiroth take the slots in save data of Cait Sith and Vincent. They would need to add two more slots in order to compensate for the save damage.