Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4904899 times)

eivarden

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)
« Reply #11775 on: 2024-04-22 05:17:51 »
someone else mentioned new threat 2.0 combat only removes the save point in the sewers after don corneo, and i can confirm the same happened to my friend playing with new threat 2.0 combat only mod.

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11776 on: 2024-04-23 06:54:25 »
Never used this mod before but I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that with this mod you're able to remove Cloud from the party, and that you can walk around as Tifa and Cid. Few questions regarding that:

1. Does that mean one of Cloud/Tifa/Cid are always required to be in the party, or are you also able to have others like Aeris, Red XIII, Barret, etc. lead the party? Also regardless, how does it determine who's on the field? Is it whoever's in a specific slot or is there character priority or something?

2. At what point in the game are you allowed to remove Cloud from the party?

3. Does the answers to the above questions apply to both 1.5 and 2.0 or just one or the other? (I intend to play both as I've heard there's many differences between them)

You can only remove Cloud from the party during Disc 3, after you reached the bottom of the Northern Crater. Basically, it can only be done after all the plot-related cutscenes have been played. The feature mainly allows you to be more versatile with your team for the Optional Bosses the mod added to Disc 3. (Cloud is still the mandatory party leader for the final boss.) The feature will be available in the Highwind if I recall well. There's a guy who'll ask you who you want to use as your party leader, so it doesn't depend on a specific slot.

Only Cid or Tifa can be made party leaders. I think it's related to the fact they're the only ones besides Cloud with models for some minigames such as the snowboard.

I never finished 1.5, so I can't tell if the feature is already in that mod.

LilyFae

• View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: 2024-04-23 22:37:23 »
https://imgur.com/a/NjrDynv - This is what my game looks like

https://imgur.com/a/PabvqDk - This is what it looks like on the guys youtube video.

Hello there! I hope this is the right place to be, I looked around and was brought here eventually. I'm playing New Threat, and I just got to the North Crater and fought Jenova Death, and now I can't continue. I looked up somebody playing this mod because I thought maybe the way to advance was a new way I wasn't thinking of, and all they did was talk to Tifa, and the game continued. HOWEVER, Tifa just isn't on my screen. Her dialogue during the "scene" showed up, but not her. I thought maybe she was just invisible so I clicked around her a lot, but nothing. What should I do?
« Last Edit: 2024-04-23 23:44:17 by LilyFae »