Author Topic: FF8 Question: Encounter/Formation rates  (Read 2533 times)

Absolute Steve

FF8 Question: Encounter/Formation rates
« on: 2007-12-03 11:28:44 »
I'm working on a in-depth guide on FF8, and I'm currently working on the rates of encounters. For example, on the world map, there are different sections and  every section holds a few encounters. On the Balamb continent, near the mountains for example, you can encounter 1 Glacial Eye (80%) or 2 Glacial Eye (20%). I am currently doing all my testing manually and in-game. So I fight 100 battles, and note down how many enemy formations I get, and then get a % out of it, which I often round to a 'nice number'. This isn't very accurate, and it is taking me a really, really long time.

My question is, can anyone here perhaps take a look at the code to find out these rates the easy way? Or perhaps someone has already done this? I have looked everywhere on the net, even the Ultimania Omega I bought didn't list anything about this. If you can help me with this, I'd very much appreciate the help and credits will obviously be given.

As you can notice, I'm new here. I hope I've posted this at the right forum, but I *think* so. Thanks in advance for reading this.

-Absolute Steve
« Last Edit: 2007-12-03 11:35:35 by Absolute Steve »