Author Topic: (New Update 24 October 2013) Sephiroth mod compilation plans  (Read 5649 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Update: Time for another update guys.  I may have figured out a solution for the textures however for some reason biturn doesn't want to pop up when I open it so until I figure out what's wrong still need to make do with the old models.  You may be able to use the old weapons patch with the new battle LGP to swap Cloud and Sephiroth in battle.  Also I have been switched on my working schedule so I won't be on like normal people.  Also I am going to work on getting my guild on my SWTOR game getting the numbers up.  I'm still pushing on editing the animations for Sephiroth Battle model.  I'll probably edit the first one release and keep editing the other ones and release them as I get done with them.  Nevermind found there was one in the Nibelhiem flashback one in the reactor.

Update: It's that time again and happy to be reporting that this mod is back in progress for the story part.  As I have installed bootleg I will edit the field models as well to give the original field models for Sephiroth and Cloud thanks to Makou Reactor.  Once I finish i'll do a non bootleg version with scorpicus version of the field models which is where I started it from.  I will report more on the script when I can.  Some scenes will not be replaced as I am not sure how to do them effectively.  This will include but not limited to Aerith's/Aeris's death and the life stream event as that the flashback of Nibelhiem in Kalm will be a true event.  I hope this doesn't break the mod for you but I'll try to do Aerith's/Aeris's death after initial release most likely.  I have an idea how I want to go about that scene but unsure of how it should be done.  However Aerith/Aeris will be alive and fully kicking and not ever think about it or mention it as the story is setup so she doesn't die.  More to come as soon as I can release.  Also I am looking into editing limits so Sephiroth doesn't half t-stance.

Well time to finally update this thread again.  Can't believe it was coming to almost a whole month without one.  I am going to release a short video trailer of sorts that lead into the fight with the now Red Dragon.  Some scenes won't make sense however since the first time I swapped Barret in the elevator Vincent tries to spin to Sephiroth however he gives up and just stands there freezing the scene.  I may have found a way to fix it however that will come after editing the text of the scripts.  I was also given permission by Scorpicus to edit her Sephiroth mod so I may put this mod on hold so I can give fans a Sephiroth that works with bootleg.  Well that's about it.  I also revised the materia Sephiroth has in the beginning.  You'll also see the menu overhaul so all the recent modifications I make will support it.

First Version of the compilation is now live however the story is not included since a lot of tweaks need to be made.  Got to implement Aeris/Aerith in all the scenes where she isn't and got to figure how to make certain parts not show up.  Hope you guys like it so far and still more to come at a later date.

Well I was unable to get Vincent to replace Barret on their battle models because they have to many of them.  So in order to work around this you'll have to use a save editor.  I'll outline the initial equipment and materia equipped to it when this is done.  The field model's won't be to much of a problem.

New update time!  So I am making headway in the script so far replacing Vincent with Barret has been going pretty steadily.  The hard part for me will be tweaking the script to fit Vincent's animations and such.  Also since Kyte replacing Sephiroth/Cloud will be showing up in the beginning phases of the game i'll have to put in new scripts in so that will probably take me alot of time.  Anyway I hope I can get this to you guys sometime after thanksgiving hopefully.  Sorry but I work slower then others.

Forgot to put this if you guys have any ideas that you like to see in this feel free to tell me.  I would love your feedback and get something in there that most of you guys might like.  This is a fan service after all.

Alright time for some clean up and maybe a little polish.  So i'm going to try and make this nice and pretty as well as hopefully get some input.  I will try to clean this up multiple times today if I can.

Edit: So here is alittle progress update.  There isn't much to put out sadly.  Been working on some other things and drama in real life demanded my attention.  I started doing more work on the script a little.  The script will probably be released firsts outside of the compilation plan.  I will be implemented for sure later.  Sadly though the replacers are going to take time.

I was orginally going to release them seperately and then bundle them later but I plan to put forth more time and effort this weekend.  I am currently at work so I can't post everything here yet.

Aquire Sephiroth's masamune through gameplay:

So I have begun working on a way I feel is unique to get Sephiroth's masamune and be fully usable.  I plan this to be a multistep process and possible make it so that some pieces are mandatory to get.  I already started working on the script to implement this.  I hope you guys liked my first mod release and hope you guys will anticipate this one more.  I plan this to be a long line in Sephiroth mods as stated before so hope you guys keep up with it.  I have started using DLP's (sp?) position mod which will work wonders on placement for script.  Now I just need to copy the chest scripts and figure out how to put the pieces in them.  So these will be generic items that I plan to use to acquire the Masamune from the same guy you get Great Gospel from.  If I can't then I might try a chest.

Aerith stays alive and is Sephiroth's permanent and only love interest and dateable:

Okay so some of you may or may not know that earlier scripts had Aerith and Sephiroth be lovers.  So having this in mind it will be central to my planning of Sephiroth's own story mod.  I'll fill this portion in with as much as I have done without spoiling to much.  So now unless there can be a better way of doing it i'm going to swap Aerith with Tifa unless I can do it with just editing the script since Aerith is an obtainable party member already but I believe I still need to replace their battle models unless as I stated before there is an easier way to just use Makou Reactor.

Sephiroth's Own Story mod:

Okay so basically this will be for all of you guys out there that are sitting sick of the generic Sephiroth in Cloud's plot, beat Shinra, yourself and cry over Aerith blah blah blah.  Well with this one you still fight Shinra eventually but it moves on from there so basically Shinra will cease to be threat pretty early in the game.  Basically after Rufus is out for the count for now the HQ is under siege by monsters spawned by the new main bad guy.  He is a big focus since the beginning and yes Jenova as well.  However Sephiroth and Jenova won't have a main relationship or relation aside from him having her cells.  I might try to change the way Lucrecia ends her fate like when you see her in the cave.  Regardless he will recognize her as his mother and will mention her on occasion possibly on him and Aerith romance scenes.  For this story mod I plan to cut the cutscenes out entirely if I can.

Details on the new main villian:

So basically the way he fights and looks will be similar to Cloud but the appearance will be a little different.  His name will be Kyte and he has a similar ability to Angeal.  He will be a genectically altered human much like all others in soldier.

So that's all I can come up with and remember for now.  If only you could make something that could let you switch between Cloud or Sephiroth like making him unlockable after you say complete the game.  That would be wicked sweet but probably not possible at least in the way I would like.

Edit: I have not done more work for these sets of mods.  I will be taking more time to work on my book writing.  I have written five potential stories in rough draft stages so I will be going back into them and am also working on a new one right now.  I will give you guys more detail on my progress of the mods as I work on them.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-24 22:00:19 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: (Edit) Sephiroth mod compilation plans
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-12 19:15:03 »
Get Makou reactor and invest roughly 300 hours into making scripts and scenes and fixing them repeatedly because you will be breaking them constantly. A sizable mod that works will eat that much at least.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-12 19:51:10 »
Thanks for the advice and that is what I started to do.  I already got a WIP chest trying to test it but unfortunately I can only work with the 2012 as the old one won't load for some reason and the file won't sync to let me get to my save by the map to test it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-13 01:47:19 »
piece of advice
dont try to do animation states by hand
if you want a chest to open and then stay open, just copy a chest that already does that and change the items or results
ff7 scripting is easiest learned by copying existing code

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-13 01:49:03 »
That's what I had in mind and was doing.  So i'll just keep on then and thanks for the advice.

genesis063

• View Profile
Sorry I haven't posted in here for weeks and making it seem this mod is a bandoned.  I haven't forgotten about this mod and did some work on the Skeleton for his first weapon.  I am going to start working on the script again this time i'm going to type it up.  I will begin play testing once this is done and if anyone else like to try it just send me a pm once I start.