Author Topic: FF7PC Diamond Weapon a no-show  (Read 2902 times)

HighFrictionZone

• View Profile
FF7PC Diamond Weapon a no-show
« on: 2010-11-05 01:43:54 »
So I get the Key of the Ancients, deposit the huge materia at Cosmo canyon, pick up Bugenhagen as a passenger, go to the City of the Ancients, see the cutscene, get the call about diamond weapon attacking Midgar, go outside, get on the airship, go to midgar, aaaaaaand.... nothing. Talking to the other party members in the airship, they all indicate that I need to fight Diamond Weapon. It's just... he never spawned.

Unfortunately for me, I keep exactly one save file and the first thing I did after leaving the City of the Ancients was save.

Is there some way to re-trigger the cutscene and make Diamond Weapon spawn? Or is there some way I can skip him altogether and continue the game? Either one would work for me, I'd just like to be able to finish the game without having to start all the way over at the beginning.

Yes, yes, I really should have been keeping multiple saves. Shut up.

If it helps any, I am on the 1.02 patch and I am using 64-bit Windows 7. I haven't had any problems up until now.

Searching through the forums does not indicate that anybody else has had this problem.

Edit:Bump and update:
Reinstalling did not work.
Playing using software rendering (quarter size even!) did not work
Playing from an earlier save file (Windows Backup is my hero - folks this is why you run nightly backups) also failed to work.

Again, any suggestions would be great.

Edit2:I set up windows backup because it took all of twenty seconds, windows kept nagging me, and I don't actually have to remember to do anything. That's automatic backups for you. Saving requires me to actively think "well gee, I'd better save here"
« Last Edit: 2010-11-08 02:33:11 by HighFrictionZone »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: FF7PC Diamond Weapon a no-show
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-08 00:59:15 »
You only keep one save, but you run nightly backups?  Perplexing.

I can't help you, but if you want to avoid a warning then you should consider removing your second post and editing your first one to include the information from your second post.

HighFrictionZone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-08 03:07:02 »
Further update:
I just used a save editor to move my location to the debug room, then used this guide to trigger the scene where they fire the Sister Ray at Diamond Weapon. This allows me to continue playing the game at the expense of missing out on the boss battle, not ideal, but it was workable.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-08 04:51:04 »
Yeah thats pretty much the final resort for this type of thing.  Works though.