Author Topic: Solving non-mp3 loop problem in Ficedula's 'FFVII Music '  (Read 3364 times)

Chriserenity

Ok,

I read somewhere on this forum that Ficedula's FFVII Music doesnt loop mp3s  - as i found out after spending ages downloading the OST in MP3 format - my fault for not doing my homework (i know you don't need to tell me) ;)

Does anyone know of a way of sorting this out aside from converting the OST into a 'loop supported' format?  

I know i could do a sort of manual loop where you stick a couple of copies of the mp3 on the end of the original so you get a hyouge ass mp3 - if this is the only solution can someone recommend a good easy to use mp3 editor i can get from the www?  

Ta very much.

steven

• View Profile
Re: Solving non-mp3 loop problem in Ficedula's 'FFVII Music
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-08 20:15:45 »
Quote from: Chriserenity
Ok,

I read somewhere on this forum that Ficedula's FFVII Music doesnt loop mp3s  - as i found out after spending ages downloading the OST in MP3 format - my fault for not doing my homework (i know you don't need to tell me) ;)

Does anyone know of a way of sorting this out aside from converting the OST into a 'loop supported' format?  

I know i could do a sort of manual loop where you stick a couple of copies of the mp3 on the end of the original so you get a hyouge ass mp3 - if this is the only solution can someone recommend a good easy to use mp3 editor i can get from the www?  

Ta very much.
The new ver of FFVII music suport looped mp3s now so you don't have to do something like that and kill your free hdd space :)

Chriserenity

Missing files
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-09 05:27:25 »
Ok thanks a bunch i now have it working.  

On a related problem:

I'm having to mute the in-game sound - the in game midis are playing for a few seconds before FFVII music overrides them which is a pain in the arse when going through battle sequences - maybe because the in-game midi playback is faster to initialise than the MP3 plugin i'm using - just a guess.  Is this the case?

Oh, I added the relevant OSTs based on the .ini file i got with it but i don't seem to have all the OST's so i have a few gaps:

fanfare=903 Fanfare (alternate).minipsf
oa=102 Opening - Bombing Mission.minipsf
riku=901 unknown.minipsf
si=902 unknown.minipsf
Oh, and the wind noise doesn't play outside Holzoff's cabin - i have the midi for this but don't know which file it relates to in FFVII music

Can anyone tell me where i might get these files?  

Thanks

steven

• View Profile
Re: Missing files
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-09 21:18:56 »
Quote from: Chriserenity
Ok thanks a bunch i now have it working.  

On a related problem:

I'm having to mute the in-game sound - the in game midis are playing for a few seconds before FFVII music overrides them which is a pain in the arse when going through battle sequences - maybe because the in-game midi playback is faster to initialise than the MP3 plugin i'm using - just a guess.  Is this the case?

Oh, I added the relevant OSTs based on the .ini file i got with it but i don't seem to have all the OST's so i have a few gaps:

fanfare=903 Fanfare (alternate).minipsf
oa=102 Opening - Bombing Mission.minipsf
riku=901 unknown.minipsf
si=902 unknown.minipsf
Oh, and the wind noise doesn't play outside Holzoff's cabin - i have the midi for this but don't know which file it relates to in FFVII music

Can anyone tell me where i might get these files?  

Thanks
I Seen that file before it is in a diff location then the music in with some other sound efects, but I can't remember when it is right now :( sorry :P

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
Solving non-mp3 loop problem in Ficedula's 'FFVII Music '
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-13 15:49:58 »
I can help you with this.

These files are originally from the complete mp3's from the ost.

fanfare=903 Fanfare (alternate).minipsf <== normal fanfare cut off so it only does it for the march bit.
oa=102 Opening - Bombing Mission.minipsf <-- you should have this file already but there is a different file which continues the Bombing mission. You will need this in order for it to loop.
riku=901 unknown.minipsf <=== Shinra Explodes 1
si=902 unknown.minipsf <=== Shinra Explodes2

I have only just created the single files for them from the originals, and yes they are in mp3 format.  If you would like a copy just reply and I'll see about putting them up on my site space for you.

Chriserenity

Yes Please
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-16 11:33:36 »
It'd be great if you could post the files on your site - thanks alot.

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
Solving non-mp3 loop problem in Ficedula's 'FFVII Music '
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-22 14:14:57 »
I'd like to request these files too *~*