Author Topic: Notebook/Laptop Help.  (Read 4188 times)

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« on: 2006-03-13 23:43:39 »
I have got everything working perfectly on my laptop in regards to FF7, only problem is, whenever I have to select a character name the up / down / left and right doesnt work so I have to insert a joypad in order to use that one bit. Unfortunately I prefer using my keyboard.

Can anyone help me with this problem.  Is there anyway to make it work as it should use the normal up down left right, but it doesn't.  I can't carry my joypad everywhere ;(

Thanks for any help.

xX TFX Xx

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-14 00:52:35 »
Here
Use the search function next time.  Otherwise, the mods and admins with team up and Omnislash you.  :wicked:

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-14 13:55:08 »
nah you misunderstand.  I have the laptop plugin for it.

It's only when it comes to selecting the characters names that it doesn't work.  I have to put in my joypad in order for it to work.

The up down left right buttons dont work and all the others are just typed in if I try using them.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-14 16:16:39 »
Quote from: TwilightFantasy
nah you misunderstand. I have the laptop plugin for it.

Hard to misunderstand when you don't state that previously.

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-14 16:27:52 »
considering I didn't say anything about the controls not working in the game I believe it is.  I said "only problem is" when selecting a "character name" the up down left right buttons dont work.  I believe that only stated one section of the game and not the whole of it lol.

If I had said "none of the keyboard controls work in the game" then you could have put that back as a problem towards my end but I did state that there was only one problem and that was only during selecting character names asin naming them.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-14 16:36:27 »
On most laptops, you can use the keypad by holding the "Fn" key and pressing some of the buttons on the right side of the keyboard.  Try holding the "Fn" key and using these keys to move the cursor around (6 = right, 2 = down, etc.).  The game reverts to using the keypad to control the cursor when you are naming a character, even if you changed the controls in the config screen.

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-14 16:55:05 »
Thank you. I will try that.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-14 18:51:15 »
Quote from: ice_cold513
well look on the laptop for [Fu] button some time. Down on the left by the Ctrl hold the Fu down. I think you use jkliyuo them 1's and then pick new 1s so you dont have to hold the fu down.i might not have the right buttons to press down but it by H J K

That was the fourth post in the topic link I gave to you.  I thought out of all of the numerous topics that had already been made about your same question, this topic had the patch and other sugestions.  You try to help somebody out...

spyrojyros_tail

Notebook/Laptop Help.
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-19 19:58:34 »
I have noticed that the "esc" key on laptops sometimes doenst work on the enter name screen leaving you trapped in the name character screen. But yeah this toic has been covered elsewhere and its not too hard to find it.