Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837511 times)

PokeFaize

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8875 on: 2020-01-10 04:29:29 »
While on the subject of Morphing, would you consider changing the Armored Golem's Morph Item to the Max Ray? Its current one, the Pile Bunker, is also its Steal Item, which kinda makes morphing it redundant (especially when most of the other characters' Endgame Weapons can both be obtained from their respective monsters in a single battle by stealing & morphing the monster (e.g. King Behemoth having Spring Gun Clip as its steal item and Behemoth Horn as its morph item)). Not to mention finding Armored Golems can be a pain, especially when the RNG decides it doesn't like you (made even worse when it's not a 100% drop item).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: 2020-01-10 08:18:05 »
Sega Chief, first off I just want to say thank you for this mod, it's amazing, I'd loved every bit of it, especially the trolls haha. I've been playing Normal with my mate over the past year, and I've just started Arranged, so the little changes are amazing. I cannot wait till your FFVIII mod is done, especially the triple triad version.

I'm messaging to ask for your help. I've had no problems with the mod in my entire playthrough, apart from a few crashes. Until today, where I've tried to go on the Dark Cave sidequest and upon the talk with Barret at the start of it, after a few lines, the dialogue stops and it doesn't continue and I can't progress. Cloud and Barret just staring deep into each other's eyes for all eternity.

Do you have any idea how to get passed this?

It's to do with other mods; disable them until you reach the next save point then reactivate them. I think it's to do with field animations or similar but that particular screen seems to be a bit erratic.

While on the subject of Morphing, would you consider changing the Armored Golem's Morph Item to the Max Ray? Its current one, the Pile Bunker, is also its Steal Item, which kinda makes morphing it redundant (especially when most of the other characters' Endgame Weapons can both be obtained from their respective monsters in a single battle by stealing & morphing the monster (e.g. King Behemoth having Spring Gun Clip as its steal item and Behemoth Horn as its morph item)). Not to mention finding Armored Golems can be a pain, especially when the RNG decides it doesn't like you (made even worse when it's not a 100% drop item).

If it makes it consistent then sure.

InfernAngelis89

• View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: 2020-01-11 17:23:09 »
After Cosmo Canyon, the Seraph Comb did not appear in my inventory. Are we not supposed to get it then?

Kyliana

• View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: 2020-01-12 01:24:33 »
So I want to start off by saying I think this mode is really well done and super fun. So great job! Now so far I have made it to rock town, and I have to say the first part of disc one was fun had to think of what to do Only attack once to see what the boss/ monster was going to do to see if I need to heal or whatnot. Once you get out of Midgar. that kinda ends. You have one person attack one wait. and the other just heal. While the 3rd is waiting to see if they attack or heal. I Feel like a lot of the fights are just super inflated with Hp(not bosses). making them take a really long time to kill and not really doing much. Like I have seen a lot of monsters heal when they attack.  Which sucks but again makes the fight for so long. I feel if they did something else rather then just heal would be awesome. Kinda like the beginning of the game, you had to pick what you did each turn waiting to see what the enemy was going to do made it feel amazing. Boss Fighting I think are perfect they are hard but not super hard.  Also <Mr. Happy> is the preson that got me into buying ff on steam and playing this mode.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: 2020-01-12 04:43:58 »
I’ve gots some new questions:

1) What does the Hero Medal do?

2) What’s the Dark Cave sidequest exactly? Is it like an extra dungeon?

3) Is multiple parties required for the Bizzaro Sephiroth fight? And are all 9 characters used when fighting the different parts?
« Last Edit: 2020-01-12 09:09:23 by Fauve »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8880 on: 2020-01-12 13:12:42 »
After Cosmo Canyon, the Seraph Comb did not appear in my inventory. Are we not supposed to get it then?

I think that gets given on Disc 2/3 when you visit Bugenhagen for the last time. Instead of Limited Moon he gives you the Seraph Comb which has been adapted into an end-game triple AP weapon. You'll also get a key to unlock the Cave of the Gi again.

So I want to start off by saying I think this mode is really well done and super fun. So great job! Now so far I have made it to rock town, and I have to say the first part of disc one was fun had to think of what to do Only attack once to see what the boss/ monster was going to do to see if I need to heal or whatnot. Once you get out of Midgar. that kinda ends. You have one person attack one wait. and the other just heal. While the 3rd is waiting to see if they attack or heal. I Feel like a lot of the fights are just super inflated with Hp(not bosses). making them take a really long time to kill and not really doing much. Like I have seen a lot of monsters heal when they attack.  Which sucks but again makes the fight for so long. I feel if they did something else rather then just heal would be awesome. Kinda like the beginning of the game, you had to pick what you did each turn waiting to see what the enemy was going to do made it feel amazing. Boss Fighting I think are perfect they are hard but not super hard.  Also <Mr. Happy> is the preson that got me into buying ff on steam and playing this mode.

For random encounters, they should drop really fast with the right elements being used. Fire, Ice, and Earth typically are the ones to carry and you can quickly ascertain weakness using Sense. If certain mobs have a drain HP attack, then Barrier can halve the damage they inflict and by extension reduce what they're healing back.

Most cases you should be able to have all 3 party members attacking in random encounters; if it feels too risky then Barrier+All should provide enough of a buffer to attack more safely. Having a tanked-up character using Cover would also help if you go that route, especially if you load them up with any Counter Materia you've acquired so far.

I’ve gots some new questions:

1) What does the Hero Medal do?

2) What’s the Dark Cave sidequest exactly? Is it like an extra dungeon?

3) Is multiple parties required for the Bizzaro Sephiroth fight? And are all 9 characters used when fighting the different parts?

The Hero Medal used to unlock the alternate final battle but now it doesn't serve any purpose.

Dark Cave was a sidequest scripted to take place in Midgar. It's a bit rough around the edges.

The type of Bizarro fight is usually determined by Game Mode; on Original, it's a 1-party fight. In Arrange it's a 3-party fight. But there's been a scripting bug pop up with the Arrange version so that's been temporarily disabled and both modes are currently using the 1-party fight.

Cosmicabuse

• View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: 2020-01-12 19:57:32 »
Hi there,

I couldn't find anything by searching in this thread so might as well report this bug : I got a random softlock on Protoroth, everyone was waiting, nothing was happening, and the boss acted like he was paralysed (no animation).
Almost no bugs otherwise so kudos to you though, *amazing* mod.

Edit - I'm on 1.5 (30th December patch)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: 2020-01-13 08:20:50 »
Hi there,

I couldn't find anything by searching in this thread so might as well report this bug : I got a random softlock on Protoroth, everyone was waiting, nothing was happening, and the boss acted like he was paralysed (no animation).
Almost no bugs otherwise so kudos to you though, *amazing* mod.

Edit - I'm on 1.5 (30th December patch)

Must be a flaw in the AI, I'll check into it.

Gilly_Gamesh

• View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: 2020-01-15 04:48:37 »
Bug for new side quest area near the end of the game *SPOILERS*

In the area added to the sleeping forest (quest from Dion in Gold Saucer). I used the save point at the bottom of the reactor and used the PHS. It asked me to make a party of 3 when I only had two characters, basically keeping me from continuing. Can't imagine others haven't tried this but I couldn't find a solution (wasn't sure what to search honestly).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: 2020-01-15 08:17:30 »
Bug for new side quest area near the end of the game *SPOILERS*

In the area added to the sleeping forest (quest from Dion in Gold Saucer). I used the save point at the bottom of the reactor and used the PHS. It asked me to make a party of 3 when I only had two characters, basically keeping me from continuing. Can't imagine others haven't tried this but I couldn't find a solution (wasn't sure what to search honestly).

Ah damn, my bad. There's a value that gets pushed into a variable that determines what menu options are available/visible. Avoid using PHS there for now, I need to change that value so it locks.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: 2020-01-16 22:16:43 »
Hey,

I've tried searching for this information on this thread but to no avail.

In a nutshell, what are going to be the major changes from the final release (estimated to be in spring?) compared to the current 1.5 version?

Cheers !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: 2020-01-17 00:17:37 »
Hey,

I've tried searching for this information on this thread but to no avail.

In a nutshell, what are going to be the major changes from the final release (estimated to be in spring?) compared to the current 1.5 version?

Cheers !

It's like a 2.0. I'm redoing all the files from scratch, using what I've learned over the years. NT's built on a lot of old stuff that I made when I was still finding my feet, and there's lot's of unused clutter that's built up over that time.

I want to add some alternate paths through the story, using Arrange Mode. I also want to bring back a lot of the enemy formations that NT cut and use AI scripts based on their original behaviour, but fixed up and customised.

There's a lot of gimmicks I want to cut out; there's too much bloat. I can't really say for sure what's going and what's not, or what gets added in the end. It's all a bit up in the air.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: 2020-01-20 03:43:24 »
Since the next version was brought up, I'd like to make a few suggestions on things you could do! :D

-Please give us the ability to bench Cloud after Midgar (and please don't force him into the final battle/Dark Cave sidequest). Letting us permanently bench Cloud for the entire game (save for the City of the Ancients, and the Northern Crater, both in Disc 2, and in Disc 3 to avoid a glitch found there) would vastly improve replayability since we could play with the parties we want during the main game instead of having to wait until the end of the game.

-If you haven't decided on an Innate Skill for Yuffie yet, maybe she could have one that has her randomly following-up an ally's attack with an attack of her own, or randomly repeating a spell casted by an ally? It could be called something like "Copycat." I think it'd fit with the whole Ninja theme and her personality.

-Is there room to give the Aero spell line to the player? Chocobuckle is a kinda sucky spell, and Tornado is only available near the end of the game, leaving Mages high and dry on hitting Wind weaknesses for a very long time.

-I've already mentioned this a couple times, but would you please consider buffing Red's Stardust Ray limit? It barely does half of what Earth Rave is capable of doing.

-Unless you change the stealing formula to use the Dexterity stat to determine success, would you please have Yuffie come with a Sneak Glove upon joining? Largely for convenience's sake, but it would also make stealing much more possible in Arranged Mode (if you plan on keeping enemies at higher levels on Arranged Mode).

-I went back and beat Zack in Normal Mode, but since Cloud has been nothing but dead weight, I cheesed it with W-Summon KotR. Please either nerf the Zack fight, buff Cloud a bit, or both.

-Since the Hero's Medal currently does nothing, maybe you could make a new Superboss that puts even the most optimized party at Lv.99 to the hardest test and have the Hero's Medal unlock said Superboss? There isn't really much to challenge you once you hit Lv.99 and get your hands on some fun Materia like MP Turbo, Quadra-Cast, Mega All, and Multi-Cut, so having a boss that's legitimately challenging even with all that would be fantastic, in my opinion.

That's about all I could think of. I hope these suggestions help you decide on things to add for version 2.0 :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: 2020-01-20 12:43:52 »
Since the next version was brought up, I'd like to make a few suggestions on things you could do! :D

-Please give us the ability to bench Cloud after Midgar (and please don't force him into the final battle/Dark Cave sidequest). Letting us permanently bench Cloud for the entire game (save for the City of the Ancients, and the Northern Crater, both in Disc 2, and in Disc 3 to avoid a glitch found there) would vastly improve replayability since we could play with the parties we want during the main game instead of having to wait until the end of the game.

-If you haven't decided on an Innate Skill for Yuffie yet, maybe she could have one that has her randomly following-up an ally's attack with an attack of her own, or randomly repeating a spell casted by an ally? It could be called something like "Copycat." I think it'd fit with the whole Ninja theme and her personality.

-Is there room to give the Aero spell line to the player? Chocobuckle is a kinda sucky spell, and Tornado is only available near the end of the game, leaving Mages high and dry on hitting Wind weaknesses for a very long time.

-I've already mentioned this a couple times, but would you please consider buffing Red's Stardust Ray limit? It barely does half of what Earth Rave is capable of doing.

-Unless you change the stealing formula to use the Dexterity stat to determine success, would you please have Yuffie come with a Sneak Glove upon joining? Largely for convenience's sake, but it would also make stealing much more possible in Arranged Mode (if you plan on keeping enemies at higher levels on Arranged Mode).

-I went back and beat Zack in Normal Mode, but since Cloud has been nothing but dead weight, I cheesed it with W-Summon KotR. Please either nerf the Zack fight, buff Cloud a bit, or both.

-Since the Hero's Medal currently does nothing, maybe you could make a new Superboss that puts even the most optimized party at Lv.99 to the hardest test and have the Hero's Medal unlock said Superboss? There isn't really much to challenge you once you hit Lv.99 and get your hands on some fun Materia like MP Turbo, Quadra-Cast, Mega All, and Multi-Cut, so having a boss that's legitimately challenging even with all that would be fantastic, in my opinion.

That's about all I could think of. I hope these suggestions help you decide on things to add for version 2.0 :D

-Poor Cloud; best I'd be able to do currently is enable Tifa as party leader and then Cid when he turns up. The issue is the World Map.

-Mime could work for that, sure, but I'll need to condition it so it doesn't fire off when the player doesn't want it to. I'll trial it.

-There isn't much space for spells, typically you have to remove an old one. I'll figure something out.

-Stardust Ray will be buffed.

-I'll look into it.

-The landscape for fights will be a bit different in the final version so this might not be an issue at that point.

-I'll give it a go.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: 2020-01-20 14:34:28 »
-Poor Cloud; best I'd be able to do currently is enable Tifa as party leader and then Cid when he turns up. The issue is the World Map.
That's plenty enough to improve replayability, tbh. Once version 2.0 was released, I was planning on using Aerith, Tifa, and Yuffie for my party.

-Mime could work for that, sure, but I'll need to condition it so it doesn't fire off when the player doesn't want it to. I'll trial it.
I think having Defend be the toggle to turn on her Auto-Mime would work, unless you find a better way to control it.

-There isn't much space for spells, typically you have to remove an old one. I'll figure something out.
Maybe Barrier, MBarrier, and Debarrier could be removed? You'll likely put up both in a boss battle, so removing the individual barriers would free up space and speed up the buffing process with having Wall right off the bat. Dispel is a direct upgrade to Debarrier, so that's another spell that can be cleaned out for new spells.

-Stardust Ray will be buffed.
Hooray! Thank you!

-The landscape for fights will be a bit different in the final version so this might not be an issue at that point.
Hopefully. The Shinra Alpha is a pretty nice armor piece, but I don't think it's nice enough to warrant an extremely difficult 1v1 battle haha.

-I'll give it a go.
Sweet! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: 2020-01-22 04:48:32 »
Dark Cave was a sidequest scripted to take place in Midgar. It's a bit rough around the edges.
Sounds cool. Is it a dungeon to explore?

Also, I’m trying to make everyone’s final weapons and was wondering how to get the following:

X-ATM Core
Micro Engine
7777 Needles
Dark Matter
Pulse Ammo
LuvLuv G
Pile banger (I have Pile bunker, is it the same thing?)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-22 12:51:00 by Fauve »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: 2020-01-22 17:13:52 »
Sounds cool. Is it a dungeon to explore?
Yes it is!

Also, I’m trying to make everyone’s final weapons and was wondering how to get the following:

X-ATM Core
Micro Engine
7777 Needles
Dark Matter
Pulse Ammo
LuvLuv G
Pile banger (I have Pile bunker, is it the same thing?)
X-ATM Core is gotten from fighting the X-ATM Scorpion thing over by the Corel Reactor if you have Barret in your party.
Micro Engine and LuvLuvG are gotten by going through the Dark Cave
7777 Needles is gotten from the Kaktuar in the Purple Materia Cave
Pulse Ammo is won from Tseung when you fight him in the main story in Disc 2
Dark Matter is won from Cait Sith's sidequest boss

Pile Banger and Pile Bunker are the same thing

kindred99

• View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: 2020-01-22 18:16:41 »
Hey everyone, just wondering if there's a site or a downloadable file where I can check all the changes, and drops etc...

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: 2020-01-22 20:40:25 »
Yes it is!
X-ATM Core is gotten from fighting the X-ATM Scorpion thing over by the Corel Reactor if you have Barret in your party.
Micro Engine and LuvLuvG are gotten by going through the Dark Cave
7777 Needles is gotten from the Kaktuar in the Purple Materia Cave
Pulse Ammo is won from Tseung when you fight him in the main story in Disc 2
Dark Matter is won from Cait Sith's sidequest boss

Pile Banger and Pile Bunker are the same thing
Awesome thanks. And I beat Tseng a while ago, but I don’t think I saw Pulse Ammo in my inventory. I’ll double check when I get the chance.

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: 2020-01-22 23:42:38 »
Hey everyone, just wondering if there's a site or a downloadable file where I can check all the changes, and drops etc...

There isn't a document that covers everything, but I am working on compiling a lot of stuff about NT 1.5 (and soon to work on NT 2.0).

It'll be good to have some help from the community if you folks have any information handy :)

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8895 on: 2020-01-23 06:24:00 »
So Pulse Ammo wasn’t in my inventory but I still got Death Penalty which was a relief.

I also got Barret’s Missing Score. How does it work exactly? It’s only got four slots and doesnt seem to be doing much damage, so pretty sure I’m misisng something.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-23 06:26:28 by Fauve »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: 2020-01-23 10:01:35 »
Sega is their a missable's guide for NT?

I have the steal spreadsheet and text file for ultimate weapons/limit breaks.

But I am curious about missable side quests.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: 2020-01-23 14:27:25 »
Shouldn't be anything missable, save for what's missable in vanilla.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: 2020-01-25 00:34:31 »
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm assuming New Threat is not set up to be used with the Jessie mod?

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: 2020-01-25 18:40:36 »
There isn't a document that covers everything, but I am working on compiling a lot of stuff about NT 1.5 (and soon to work on NT 2.0).

It'll be good to have some help from the community if you folks have any information handy :)
I noticed either I was doing something wrong or the Enemy Items (version 1) spreadsheet that comes with the mod files is wrong. Specifically when I tried to morph the big roller boss at the end of the bike chase segment I received nothing, whereas the document lists him as morphing into a Fire Ring. The boss did have a different name than "Rubicante GT" as listed in the spreadsheet so perhaps this is a difference between Normal/Arrange? In that case we should work on compiling information about the Arrange version of these bosses.