Author Topic: Botched Releases  (Read 4122 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Botched Releases
« on: 2013-11-28 15:30:38 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25137093

hahaha!

This one just now.  We all know FF14 was a disaster...

So post yours.  Which games were released in a bad or unfinished state?

Thisguyaresick2

Re: Botched Releases
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-28 17:16:12 »
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Y26321_1M

It's not a recent game, though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-28 17:42:05 »
Hahaha!  It's still better than that Spice Girl game though...

"We can drive right around the edge of reality"  :-P
« Last Edit: 2013-11-28 17:44:08 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-28 19:56:03 »
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood was obviously incomplete when it was released. Just listen to some of this music. It's downright pathetic, and the reason I don't buy any Bioware products anymore.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-28 23:16:39 »
Aside from this game (Sonic is bad anyway so who cares), Bioware is a great developer. They have, in my well-cultured opinion, the best writers of any dev to date. Nigh is there a worthy single-player game I have not played, and Bioware has the best dialogue and stories on average. Maybe they can't claim the single best written game, but they're consistently good and there aren't many bad ones.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-29 05:28:42 »
Aside from this game (Sonic is bad anyway so who cares), Bioware is a great developer. They have, in my well-cultured opinion, the best writers of any dev to date. Nigh is there a worthy single-player game I have not played, and Bioware has the best dialogue and stories on average. Maybe they can't claim the single best written game, but they're consistently good and there aren't many bad ones.
To me, this game tells me they didn't take it seriously and only wanted a quick buck to go back to Mass Effect. I don't wanna do business with a company that'll do bait-and-switch crap to pay for their main projects.

(Sonic is bad anyway so who cares)
They're mostly bad these days, yes. But the Genesis games were great and Sonic Generations was amazing. And gameplay wise Mass Effect 1 was boring and sucky, all it had was choice systems where all the choices were extreme (goody-two-shoes, complete jerk, or completely neutral). It was totally unnatural and made the player character one of the least believable or relateable characters in gaming history.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2013-11-29 05:44:33 »
Dragon Age 2 is the most recent game I can think of where I started but could not finish it. That is the only time Bioware has disappointed me.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-11-29 14:24:20 »
Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was a poor attempt to bring in a bigger audience for the series, Dragon Age 1 was a masterpiece though. About Mass Effect 1, I completely agree, but after they got their sea legs, boy did they step it up for 2 and 3.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-11-29 16:12:52 »
Dragon Age 2 isn't the true successor of Dragon Age Origin. I think Bioware was clever and give EA only rights for the name Dragon Age, because they knew how EA could transform a good game to a 'Super-Action-XBox-Style'-game.  At last for an one year developed game DA 2 was still okay. Sometimes you need to play bad games to honor the good one.
Speaking of it, I wish they would remake the both KotoR games. I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but the games transfer the moral conflict of being a Jedi or Sith in such a brilliant way, that a remake in Mass Effect style would be awesome.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-11-29 16:49:32 »

Thisguyaresick2

« Reply #10 on: 2013-11-29 17:17:25 »
lol that one is full of bugs and glitches!

Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvLxsHT4-GM

Animal Soccer World, for the PS2. Why does it suck?

1. There's no soccer, only minigames, like puzzles;
2. They had only 1 voice actor dubbing all characters in the FMVs;
3. The voice acting is terrible for all of them (watch the cheerleaders at 6:54!)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #11 on: 2013-11-30 01:04:18 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

I've watched many bad reviews about this... while the idea was quite appealing, it was an epic fail indeed...
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HTKWX15oo