Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1082539 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #425 on: 2009-06-05 05:09:45 »
really?! a way to revive aeris? is that true? hmm i need to look into that then.. ancient forest... thats where u get the typhoon summom right?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009-06-05 06:12:29 »
Yes, that materia is in the Ancient Forest, but that's not where the cave is.  It's before the Forgotten City, in the same area as the chest with the Water Ring.

And it was only rumored to be a place where you could revive Aerith.  In reality, you can't even climb up there.  If it were possible to revive Aerith, she would've had a more direct role in Advent Children.

Sorry.  Aerith is as dead as Sephiroth is.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #427 on: 2009-06-05 06:54:38 »
well i just wanted to know wut it was there... aeris was good and all but her death is a turning point of the game and it fits excellent with the game.. but anywayz, i'd like to see that "cave" but i dont remember haha

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009-06-05 07:22:14 »
I saw an image of it on the web once.  Give me a moment and I'll find out where it is.

Edit: Okay, it's eluding me... I think if you land the Highwind right outside the Forgotten Capital, but go back in the other direction, you'll end up in the right area.  There's a fallen tree that you can walk under (and maybe across, I'm not sure) in this area, as well as one treasure chest if not more.  If you run southeast from the north exit to the Forgotten City, the cave should come into view.  But again, you can't reach it.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-05 07:54:20 by Shadowseer »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #429 on: 2009-06-05 22:57:25 »
oh... damn i still cant remember lol but anywayz i guess it was all bs then lol  :-P

« Reply #430 on: 2009-06-06 02:52:27 »
*edited*
« Last Edit: 2009-06-06 04:07:28 by BrokenCrowe »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #431 on: 2009-06-07 03:47:27 »
the northern crater in disk three could be a good place, multiple places in there that would be nice to place a super boss in, but with lack of save spots, that can be a bad thing (or use up the save crystal near the super boss, to make things easier). the back of the forest opened by killing ultimate weapon (where you find the (i think... been a while) apocalypse for cloud), placing it in the end area there could be nice, but requiring you to trek back through the forest.

it also depends on what your ultimate enemy will be... if it is humanoid, you could have it easily fit into towns and such (create an npc that is actually the enemy), then you could do things like place it in the back of wall market, or in the center of kalm, since there is already a quest dealing with kalm. if it were to be something big (like a recreated omega weapon or something) it would need plenty of room, and unless it were to attack a city, then it wouldn't really fit in too well.

a mako created enemy could fit into mt. nibel, possibly in the reactor itself if you can reenter it later in the game, or just somewhere in the surrounding caverns. if you could make it so that the area where aerith was killed was accessible after doing something (possibly a side quest, or just making it able to be accessed at any time after that event (early game ultimate boss possible O_o)), then that little place could be a great spot for the fight, an ancient monster coming out to play. there are many possibilities, but i need to know the type of monster first, and what you are capable of doing >:D.

making the materia accessible earlier can be good and bad, especially since the places are all available at the end of the first disk since chocobo breeding is open then (i think it starts end of disk one, before the second... i have to check on that).having the end game materia possible early on isn't entirely a good thing. i don't know what all is doable with the battle square, but would you be able to add the materia as rewards from there, which are only available on disk two/three (whenever you think it is the best time to have them), and are only able to be gotten one time (like omnislash). this could also be done with the gp (i think?) from the game corner (or whatever it is called with the minigames >_>), but since the guy at the entrance sells gp, it could be done pretty easily if you have the funds, though it could still be worth it if the battle square isn't as easily done.

it would be really nice if enemies could drop materia, but since that isn't done as easily (can be if you edit the field files for enemies that appear on the field, like boss battles and such, or create monster-in-a-box fights which give the materia when opened/enemy defeated, but making the enemy unable to be fled from), it is probably better to do it another way.

It will most likely be a huge enemy, with some goons, but I also thought that the place where it is triggered matters. I can pretty much make whatever I want (not 3d models though, I'll use a prev made model and alter it). What I find most fun is making AIs. But I have to think of where to trigger it 1st.

And, yeah, reward for beating the ultimate monster is simply a trophy. I find it stupid in rpgs when you win an ultimate item for defeating the ultimate enemy. Now that item would be a great help defeating this enemy, and now that it is dead, with no more challenges, what do you need it for?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #432 on: 2009-06-14 16:20:33 »
ok I made some new vids. Hmmm do this forum support embed youtube video into a post? guess not.

Well here are the links, though the quality of the vids suffered heavily when I uploaded. Sorry 'bout that.

Vid1

Vid2

EDIT: Forget it. The quality sucked after I uploaded 'em. I'll need to record 'em again.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-14 17:52:15 by gjoerulv »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #433 on: 2009-06-14 19:38:32 »
no vids? aww  :cry:

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009-06-15 04:13:51 »
im currently trying to figure out some of the unknown variables in the ai, specifically the drop/steal items and the stolen flag, so that my ai can be even more customizable :P. i did manage to find something i can use as a temporary replacement though, and that is the set of flags/variables that i found for the gil/item returned by an enemy (such as the vice) that can steal from you, where the reward is given to you upon their death (dialogue box shows your reward).

if i can't find the steal/drop items/rates through ai, then this would be a good secondary thing, as you can still create a random chance of receiving the item, though their regular items could still drop as well, and possibly create a second steal item by doing the same thing, but checking for steal/mug/steal as well effect or such, using a random chance, and turning off/on the dead unit flag (which may or may not trigger the item to be given, not quite sure, as i have done little testing on these, other than to pinpoint their location) to give the item.

probably hard to understand my rambling (i do that a lot  :wink:), but here are the variables to use for each:
4280 - the gil variable, up to 65535 given, two bytes
4290 - item given back, 0-127 is items, 128-255 is weapons, 256-287 armor, and 288-320 is accessories, materia can not be gotten from what i have seen (some over 320 can cause it to crash, others give a bugged item)

these should be a good find for any ai edited mod, as there is more freedom with items, essentially allowing there to be any item dropped. i am trying as hard as possible to find the drop/steal items/rates, but so far it isn't going too well... but i will keep trying anyway :P.

i have an idea for you, which could take some time, but would increase the difficulty some. if you go through all normal encounters (non-ambush/preemptive fights) and set their special battle modifier (offset 0x12 in the setup 1 data) to 08, it would make your party locked in the front row, disabling the change command as well, so that it would force the player to always take the maximum from attacks. the only foreseeable problems would be with regular preemptive and ambush fights (where either you or the enemy is attacked from behind), as changing rows is still possible there.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-18 03:09:40 by secondadvent »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2009-06-18 17:01:46 »

:lol:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2009-06-19 01:26:01 »
i have an idea for you, which could take some time, but would increase the difficulty some. if you go through all normal encounters (non-ambush/preemptive fights) and set their special battle modifier (offset 0x12 in the setup 1 data) to 08, it would make your party locked in the front row, disabling the change command as well, so that it would force the player to always take the maximum from attacks. the only foreseeable problems would be with regular preemptive and ambush fights (where either you or the enemy is attacked from behind), as changing rows is still possible there.

I'm against that idea.  It takes some strategy out of the game and reduces the usefulness of ranged weapons as well as the Long Range materia.  The game is more fun with more options available to you throughout.

As for a new superboss dude, I was going to suggest making a dragon larger in size, coloring it dark grey and calling it Tiamat... but Chocobo Weapon works too!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2009-06-19 01:44:05 »
I personally feel that if Chocobo Weapon is to be implemented into the game, he should be impossible to beat.  After you deal out X damage to him he immediately destroys your party  AND ERASES ALL YOUR SAVES!!!

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2009-06-19 01:58:54 »

I'm against that idea.  It takes some strategy out of the game and reduces the usefulness of ranged weapons as well as the Long Range materia.  The game is more fun with more options available to you throughout.

As for a new superboss dude, I was going to suggest making a dragon larger in size, coloring it dark grey and calling it Tiamat... but Chocobo Weapon works too!
it could at least be used in more than the ~10 that it is normally used in... maybe making all battle arena/square fights like that. it seems underused to me at least... it wouldn't have to be against every encounter, though ranged weapons would still be needed, since enemies keep their rows the same, only your back row is prevented, and flying enemies (row 16... unreachable by short range attacks) would still have use for ranged weapons/LR materia, but i do see your point.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2009-06-19 02:22:39 »
I personally feel that if Chocobo Weapon is to be implemented into the game, he should be impossible to beat.  After you deal out X damage to him he immediately destroys your party  AND ERASES ALL YOUR SAVES!!!

lol I think that's going a bit too far.

I think Chocobo Weapon should have Deathblow!!, Fat-Chocobo, Chocobuckle, Confu, Haste, and (just for the surprise) Ultima.
Just to be clear, I'm not serious about having Chocobo Weapon in the game.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #440 on: 2009-06-21 09:02:33 »
yeah... chocobo weapon... not relle feelin it lol  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2009-06-24 03:47:07 »
Ok I actually have a good idea for a difficult enemy to fight (though I'm unsure about the trigger)

During the Nibelheim flashback you see the fmv of the mako saturated being fall out of his capsule in the reactor.  It would be cool if you could later go up to that same capsule and fight him.  His model is in Crisis Core and shouldn't be too much trouble to put into FF7. 

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2009-06-24 04:09:08 »
Not a bad idea.  And maybe a trigger isn't needed.  Just turn on encounters in that area and make it so that the superboss is the only thing that appears.  But one would need to take care not to make it so that it could be encountered during the flashback.

One problem though.  Currently, with the Hardcore mod as it is now, that monster is already fought (during the flashback - you're supposed to take it down with Sephiroth).  Still a good idea, though.  Supposing many creatures fell out of their capsules, and over time, that reactor became a monster's den.

Deepness

« Reply #443 on: 2009-07-08 21:07:15 »
Great forum and good job to everyone being so dedicated to modding this awesome game.

I'm trying to get the 9999 limit break patch and this mod working, but having just started my game I'm not sure if they're working. (I'm not a coder, just a game fan) Is there a way I can double check before I get 50 hours into a game and realize I need to start over?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2009-07-08 21:12:28 »
It should be obvious from the start whether the hardcore mod is working; the fights will all be much harder and there will be a new enemy in the first reactor. (Also, if some parts of it have installed properly and some haven't, there'll be lots of crashes).

The best way to find out whether the 9999 patch is working is to save twice at the first save point (to different files) and edit one of them with a save editor, giving yourself 9999 HP and lots of mastered HP+ materia, as well as strength and magi stats of 255 and some ultimate weapons. If your HP goes over 9999 with the materia and you do more than 9999 with any of your attacks...

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2009-07-08 22:43:18 »
This may sound insane but why not make it a side quest? Like after you've beaten Ruby and Emerald weapon, you then get an item that teleports you to this place (some memorable place that you can no longer get access too) And these 3 guys are there (the black gowned guys that only say Sephiroth) with a savepoint and an exit to the world map, then you have a choice, either fight all 3 bad guys one at a time for items (End game materia anyone?) or leave and never get access to that area again. I don't know what you can and can't do because I've never modded FFVII and certainly can't code but I think it would be a really good idea and better than 1 ultimate boss, I think 3 ultimate bosses would be really fun, each being extremely hard for different reasons. Like one could be a status effect death spammer, one could be an extremely powerful mage and the last an extremely strong physical fighter, it would really test how well your party can fight under extreme conditions and require a lot of strategy :)

EDIT: I just thought of something! The 3 guys could be Kadaj's gang off AC, not as in humanoid models but as gigantic beasts and monsters in battle or maybe just have Sephiroth or Safer Sephiroth's battle model but coloured differently? Now that I got that off my chest any idea when the final release will be? Also whatever you decide to do, I reckon Safer Sephiroth should be stronger and more powerful than the ultimate boss! Either that or you fight the ultimate boss after defeating Safer Sephiroth, for example after the credits maybe? *shrug*
« Last Edit: 2009-07-08 22:46:18 by storm20200 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #446 on: 2009-07-09 07:24:49 »
... I don't know what you can and can't do because I've never modded FFVII and certainly can't code but I think it would be a really good idea and better than 1 ultimate boss, I think 3 ultimate bosses would be really fun, each being extremely hard for different reasons. ...

EDIT: I just thought of something! The 3 guys could be Kadaj's gang off AC, not as in humanoid models but as gigantic beasts and monsters in battle or maybe just have Sephiroth or Safer Sephiroth's battle model but coloured differently? Now that I got that off my chest any idea when the final release will be? Also whatever you decide to do, I reckon Safer Sephiroth should be stronger and more powerful than the ultimate boss! Either that or you fight the ultimate boss after defeating Safer Sephiroth, for example after the credits maybe? *shrug*

I'm on vacation now, thus no editing will be done. But I'm almost done play-testing my beta lol. I had in mind more than 1 boss. It will be more like the Hojo-battle. Making a new quest sounds tedious. But hey, I just may make it if anyone has a super great idea.

Kadaj... Hmmm I dunno man.

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2009-07-10 02:46:59 »
... I don't know what you can and can't do because I've never modded FFVII and certainly can't code but I think it would be a really good idea and better than 1 ultimate boss, I think 3 ultimate bosses would be really fun, each being extremely hard for different reasons. ...

I'm on vacation now, thus no editing will be done. But I'm almost done play-testing my beta lol. I had in mind more than 1 boss. It will be more like the Hojo-battle. Making a new quest sounds tedious. But hey, I just may make it if anyone has a super great idea.

I just re read it after sleeping and I see how it sounds tedius but some hojo style extreme uber boss would be very interesting and hopefully very hard, but enjoy your holiday and I look forward to the update :)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #448 on: 2009-07-10 10:01:04 »

I just re read it after sleeping and I see how it sounds tedius but some hojo style extreme uber boss would be very interesting and hopefully very hard, but enjoy your holiday and I look forward to the update :)

Tank you, I will! It will be quite the long vacation. I'll be back home August 18th. Thanks for the interest btw! Keep the ideas comming.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #449 on: 2009-07-15 04:20:51 »
wut happened to the new kernel and scene bin files? they arent there anymore...  :-(

EDIT: nvm, it was just my internet acting all weird i guess :\