Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 297403 times)

auxili160

• View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #200 on: 2008-06-12 17:28:53 »
Awesome. Thanks, ficedula.

Dezorian

« Reply #201 on: 2008-06-20 02:32:09 »
Greetings,
I am new to this forum and wanna say hello! HELLO! :D
My question is: After installing that music proggy I can listen to mp3s in FF7, great.
If I turn midi on, I have "sound" (sword slashes, explosions, etc) but also Midi music playing to the already
playing mp3. -__-
If I turn midi off, I got no sound.

How can I play with mp3 AND sound (which seems to be midi).

Dezorian

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008-06-20 02:47:22 »
If you're in Vista, then install  a program that acts as a virtual midi music player. Just don't configure it. It will cause no midi music to play.
The name of this program is Loopbe (just remembered).

Dezorian

« Reply #203 on: 2008-06-20 03:12:24 »
If you're in Vista, then install  a program that acts as a virtual midi music player. Just don't configure it. It will cause no midi music to play.
Were you refering to my problem? I am in Vista 64bit, thats right.
But will this program play the midi sounds and leave out the midi music? How can it do it?

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
« Reply #204 on: 2008-06-20 20:51:36 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5387.msg86853#msg86853
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5387.msg91561#msg91561

I've still not been to configure it like most people on this forum (using XP):

- ticking selective instead of always, songs are not resuming as they should;
- there is a small delay in music from one room to another.

I'm using ripped FF7 OST MP3s.
Here's my ff7music.ini file:

Code: [Select]
[Setup]
InputPlugin=in_mp3.dll
OutputPlugin=out_wave.dll
Volume=255
Pan=0
Profile=CDtracks
Paths=mp3\
ProfileList=CDtracks
Loop=1
Remember=?
ResumeAfter=aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,fan2,
AutoVol=0
ResumeExclusions=aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,crwin,crlost,fanfare,fan2,
CustomFadeIn=1
CustomFadeOut=1
MidiFadeIn=1
MidiFadeOut=1
ObeyStop=1
LoopFudge=2000
PassThru=1
MidiDevice=0
MuteMidi=0
MaxMidi=0
EmulateRamp=1
StopDelay=1
« Last Edit: 2008-06-21 11:44:37 by twipley »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008-06-20 20:54:44 »
Were you refering to my problem? I am in Vista 64bit, thats right.
But will this program play the midi sounds and leave out the midi music? How can it do it?
The sounds aren't midi. Only the music is.

Twipley, here is my ff7music config setup section.
Code: [Select]
[Setup]
InputPlugin=C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy Seven\ficedula\in_mp3.dll
OutputPlugin=C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\out_wave.dll
Volume=255
Pan=0
Profile=FF7PSF
Paths=C:\PS
ProfileList=FF7PSF
Loop=1
Remember=2 (This is because I have a mixed battle song that plays 4 final fantasy battle songs. Just ignore this. Set this to 0 because the game isn't supposed to remember song positions anyways.)
ResumeAfter=aseri,aseri2,ayasi,barret,bat,bee,boo,bokujo,canyon,cannon,cephiros,chu,chu2,chase,cinco,cintro,condor,costa,comical,corel,corneo,crwin,crlost,date,dokubo,dun2,earislo,earis,elec,fanfare,fan2,fiddle,fin,geki,gold1,gun,guitar2,hen,hiku,horror,iseki,jukai,junon,jyro,ketc,kita,kurai,lb1,lb2,ld,mati,makoro,mekyu,mura1,oa,ob,odds,over2,parade,pj,pre,red,rhythm,riku,roll,ro,rocket,rukei,sadsid,sadbar,seto,sea,sido,siera,sinraslo,si,sinra,sid2,snow,ta,tb,tender,tifa,tm,utai,vincent,walz,weapon,yado,yufi2,yufi,yume,lb2_awe,
AutoVol=0
ResumeExclusions=aseri,aseri2,ayasi,barret,bee,boo,bokujo,canyon,cannon,cephiros,chu,chu2,chase,cinco,cintro,condor,costa,comical,corel,corneo,crwin,crlost,date,dokubo,dun2,earislo,earis,elec,fanfare,fan2,fiddle,fin,geki,gold1,gun,guitar2,hen,hiku,horror,iseki,jukai,junon,jyro,ketc,kita,kurai,lb1,lb2,ld,mati,makoro,mekyu,mura1,oa,ob,odds,over2,parade,pj,pre,red,rhythm,riku,roll,ro,rocket,rukei,sadsid,sadbar,seto,sea,sido,siera,sinraslo,si,sinra,sid2,snow,ta,tb,tender,tifa,tm,utai,vincent,walz,weapon,yado,yufi2,yufi,yume,lb2_awe,
CustomFadeIn=0
CustomFadeOut=0
MidiFadeIn=0
MidiFadeOut=0
ObeyStop=1
LoopFudge=2000
PassThru=1
MidiDevice=0
MuteMidi=0
MaxMidi=0
EmulateRamp=0
StopDelay=0

This is how my out_wave is set up:

Device: Conexant HD audio output (This is my soundcard. For you, you'll see your soundcard. Switch between this and MICROSOFT SOUND MAPPER to see if anything changes)
Buffer Length: 3206 ms
Prebuffer: 0
Buffer-ahead: 0

Volume control: enabled
alt. setting method: unchecked
reset to original value: unchecked

This is how my in_psf is configured:

Force all songs to play indefinately: yes
Suppress opening silence: Yes
Stop after 5 secs
Thread priority: normal

Global volume: 2
soft saturate instead of clipping: yes
resample output to: 44100hz - YES

Set those settings and see if anything gets fixed. Again, don't worry about selective resuming because the original game doesn't do this either, so it is not a big deal. Also, psf files will have delay when resuming.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-20 21:03:29 by auxili160 »

Dezorian

« Reply #206 on: 2008-06-20 22:28:55 »
Ok, I did not manage to get sounds at all with that "loopbe1".
How do you all play mp3 soundtracks AND have sound?

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
« Reply #207 on: 2008-06-20 22:44:58 »
Ok, I did not manage to get sounds at all with that "loopbe1".
How do you all play mp3 soundtracks AND have sound?
Remember to set SFX while in the game. With the OST, I've found the right setting to be at exactly 70% of the music volume. That way, the music/sound ratio is the same than the one of the original PSP game. Note that setting the volume via FF7 Music doesn't influence the ratio, as it only affects Wave in Windows volume settings.

auxili160, thanks, but nothing you have posted seem to work...
anyway I'm not even sure of keeping the game, as summer is coming...

P.S.: for the resume thing, the only setting that is working here is 1 (always). Putting it to 0 (none), even with the same ResumeAfter and ResumeExclusions values than you, will just make the music restart from beginning each time a new area is loaded.

EDIT: auxili160: new area, meaning moving from house to house in the same town...
« Last Edit: 2008-06-21 01:05:39 by twipley »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008-06-21 00:31:05 »
It's SUPPOSED tor restart every time a new area is loaded, so it's not a big deal.

Dezorian

« Reply #209 on: 2008-06-21 04:41:03 »
@twipley
Sorry, I tried everything I guess...no luck here.
Could you be so kind to show me exactly what your settings are in the Ficedula inis and config.exe of Final Fantasy VII itself?
Thanks,
Chris

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008-06-21 04:54:14 »
Twipley, the music's restarting because you deleted the midi's from the LGP.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-21 19:46:05 by Vehek »

Kuja

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008-06-24 22:03:37 »
I downloaded 1.51 and put it in my main game folder, but I dont know if its working correctly. It came with some psf files(which I think are the playstation music files, correct? So for the input plugin I used in_psf.dll and for the output i used out_wave.dll(the only one i have) after putting both in the main FFVII folder, and I set playback to loop and mute midi, but under "files" when I select default there are no files or path and when I put in the path to the psf files(ficedula subfolder in FFVII) ,in the actual game when I go to mute the music it says "Not supported". I think the midi music is still playing, can someone tell me what exactly im doing wrong?
« Last Edit: 2008-06-24 22:23:29 by Kuja »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008-06-24 22:35:41 »
It doesn't matter if ffvii's MUSIC bar says "not supported". That's actually preferred. :P

You just need to properly direct each song to its proper file. Look over your song file list and see if it's correct.

Kuja

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008-06-24 22:39:48 »
Alright, I got the psf files to work, but when I choose the "mp3" or "CD tracks" profile and run the game, I hear no music but the sound works fine.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-25 08:35:35 by Kuja »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008-06-25 17:54:54 »
Stop choosing profiles. Make your own. Most preset profiles have paths that don't match your computer.

Orrah

« Reply #215 on: 2008-06-29 17:32:33 »
I'm having some trouble running FF7music. I've installed everything as the first post advises and have added my own mp3s from the Advent Children and Reunion soundtracks. When I start the game itself my mp3s do not play.

Having looked through this thread it seems that quite a few people have had this problem but I can't see how to fix it. Does anybody have any suggestions?

68mustangfan

« Reply #216 on: 2008-07-20 05:15:51 »
I'm getting unbelievably frustrated right now. I followed the instructions carefully but the psfs I'm using are refusing to work. I've tried literally everything I could think of short of throwing this computer into a wall but it still plays the original midi files and when I mute the midi, there's no music at all. I hope someone can help me because I'm all out of ideas.

The_Iron_Chef

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008-07-20 07:24:51 »
I'm getting unbelievably frustrated right now. I followed the instructions carefully but the psfs I'm using are refusing to work. I've tried literally everything I could think of short of throwing this computer into a wall but it still plays the original midi files and when I mute the midi, there's no music at all. I hope someone can help me because I'm all out of ideas.

Here, try this website: http://savvygeek.com/2007/10/05/final-fantasy-vii-in-restored-glory/

Follow those instructions exactly. You can skip all the other mods other than restoring the music (that is, what you want to do: Playing the original PSF files instead of the MIDI music) I think the key here is that you HAVE to install the 1.02 patch. The link to the patch is given in that site. THe only two mods that HAVE to be installed before anything else are The_SaiNt's high resolution mod and the official 1.02 patch, everything else can be done in random order I believe. Just remember, since you're trying to replace the music, try installing the 1.02 patch FIRST. That's pretty much a must. The site gives pretty detailed instructions, and I also suggest you use out_wave.dll, not out_ds.dll. I've gotten success with out_wave only. All the other mods on the site are optional :)

68mustangfan

« Reply #218 on: 2008-07-20 23:56:56 »
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I'm not doing anything wrong, I followed the instructions step by step and it still won't play custom PSFs.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-21 00:15:09 by 68mustangfan »

The_Iron_Chef

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008-07-21 03:07:25 »
Hmm... weird

Did you start with a fresh install? And did you use out_wave.dll instead of out_ds.dll?

Also... did you first install the 1.02 patch? Oh yeah, and you HAVE to make sure that the music directory is CORRECTLY written in FF7music... that is, the path to the folder that contains all the .psf files. Mine is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Ficedula\FF7Mp3\PSF because I installed everything by their default paths.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-21 03:09:51 by The_Iron_Chef »

68mustangfan

« Reply #220 on: 2008-07-21 03:48:31 »
All that stuff has been done, I'm seriously out of ideas. I'm half tempted to just stick with the garbage-sounding midi files.

The_Iron_Chef

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008-07-21 04:27:09 »
Strange... I can't seem to figure it out

I can't seem to find what's missing, I guess I'm all out of ideas too.

I'll look into it mustangfan

crktehwhip

« Reply #222 on: 2008-07-24 13:19:07 »
Hello.

I am having some issues with FFVIImusic.
I am running windows vista 32xbit operating system.
Well, when i start final fantasy VII everything works all well and good: the intro plays and theres no crappy midi music, FFVIImusic seems to be working just fine.
Well, after my first battle, or when i try to go to the menu, the game crashes. Someone told me that I need to set the compatability mode of the game to "run this program in compatibility mode for windows 95/98. So i tried it and sure enough it fixed my problem; the game didnt crash at all and everything was working BUT
there was midi music playing!, FFVIImusic ceased to function and i was stuck with the crappy midi sounds again.

apparently there is some compatibility issue with everything.

any ideas on what the problem could be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**patches i have installed**
1. Official FF7 patch v. 1.02
2. The SaiNT’s high resolution patch + patch fix
3. FF7music, in all of its glory =D(of course)
4. highway + snowboard minigame patch
5. advent avatars patch

crktehwhip

« Reply #223 on: 2008-07-25 04:38:04 »
Im happy to inform everyone that I solved the problem i was having
so nvm about that last post =p
« Last Edit: 2008-07-25 10:50:15 by crktehwhip »

Babs

« Reply #224 on: 2008-07-28 21:19:56 »
For the past few days I've been trying to get this patch to work without success. I was wondering if someone who has gotten it to work would be so kind as to make a comprehensive guide starting with the installation of FF7, all subsequent patches before ff7, and then go into detail about the installation of ff7music with links to dl's if possible.